Game Day Thread- Week Fifteen, GAME 13: Als @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers September 2, 2018

Wanna-B-Fanboy

41 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Then when you need that great punt you get  garbage, there's a lot wrong with this team top to bottom

What do you mean? It was 29 yards. Think positive.

1 minute ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Heh, heh.  Long-term injuries to those three will give the Bombers the perfect excuse to bring back all the coaches next season.

Dang never thought of that - Now you will keep me up all night worrying about having to see the entire collection back next year!

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What I noticed:

You guys exaggerate on how bad the whole team is.   IMO the glaring issues is  Nichols ,  Randle and that soft Zone we run.   Bowman was wide open all night by design which was stupid.  

How many TD's did the Als score?  How many big plays did they have?  The Bombers should have scored a TD by that D scheme you say is stupid and had a big INT by Sayles.

The scheme isn't the problem.  The problem are bad reads and some guys who are horrible fits for their positions, like Loffler.  And these problems aren't even big problems.  The biggest problem our defense has had on the whole for this season is having to play behind an offense that can go quarters without putting 2-3 first downs together on the same drive, let alone scoring points. 

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nichols being interviewed by Sarah Orlesky just doesn't look happy.  Not smiling or excited. I think he'd be happy to be playing elsewhere.

I can't believe he started talking about winning the cup.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

It was. But you still need to make the catch. His tendency to drop contested balls is starting to stand out.

Been that way ever since he got here. He's not an elite receiver. He'd be the number 3 receiver on most teams. He is supposed to be our best & deep threat. He's not either.

7 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Jets game going on.,,,yeah, it's pre-season but I'm sure there were 13 - 14,000 people there.  Many have lost faith in the Bombers this season.  I can't blame them.  No surprise there was less than 20,000 at the game.

Looked like more than 13,000 at IGF.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Been that way ever since he got here. He's not an elite receiver. He'd be the number 3 receiver on most teams. He is supposed to be our best & deep threat. He's not either.

Head definitely a deep threat. He’s flawed but to say he’s not a deep threat is a bit crazy. 

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What I noticed:

You guys exaggerate on how bad the whole team is.   IMO the glaring issues is  Nichols ,  Randle and that soft Zone we run.   Bowman was wide open all night by design which was stupid.  

O-line had a great game

D-line had a great game

Thompkins is the real deal,   Wolitarsky the same.    We had a few bad drops but for the most part those misses were all on Nichols. 

Nichols is still shell shocked... that bad sack on the first drive he gave up and several questionable decisions.  I can see why he's trying to be the next Buck Pierce going head first.... but he's moving waaaaaay slower then Buck ever did. 

The score flattered Manziel big time.  So many wobblers and he had two pick 6's that didn't go through and the fumble in the end zone.   If he didn't have the lucky breaks tonight this game would of been a big time blow out. 

Manziel can at times have a rocket arm and other times throw the worst Russ Michna passes ever.  I don't see him in this league after this season. 

Refs actually called a good game for once. 

At the end of the game when the camera panned to Nichols and Streveler walking  down the sidelines after the TD...  the boys were smiling and energetic with Streveler and very ho-hum with Matty....   

What I noticed ... place was half empty. 

Nichols still has no accuracy and his receivers made a ton of tough catches for him.

O'Shea completely deer-in-the-headlights after his failed challenge and the quick subsequent Montreal TD. I think he thought he had blown it ... again. It might be good he was wearing brown shorts in case he had soiled them.

Terrible half time adjustments again. 

The Bombers had better not complain about officiating for a while. They were very good to us tonight.

Matt's interview with Sarah in which he talked about the playoffs and getting hot and winning the cup. Maybe just a little premature.