Practise Observations

Slingin Sammy

43 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I would assume Harris finishes the game last week if he doesn't get taken out at the knees by a defender. That was pretty brutal.

My guess he could have still gone but MOS made a smart move in pulling him from the rest of the game. Just a hunch. 

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Wonder if it was a charley horse he incurred last game. A hit to the meaty part of your leg will do that.

You could see the Als had a clear "strategy" for tackling Harris in that game... it's called the helmet to knee strategy... not surprising from that team...

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If Demski is indeed out for this game they need to get Flanders on the roster NOW, otherwise there was no point holding him in reserve all season long.  He can rotate half-time with Petermann in Demski's slot and Petermann can fill in for Thomkins or Dressler when Flanders takes the field to maintain the ratio.

They have to sit an international to play Flanders 

10 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Wonder if it was a charley horse he incurred last game. A hit to the meaty part of your leg will do that.

Played linebacker as a young lad and had a running back drive helmet-first into my thigh once. Oh. my. god. I thought I was going to die. Charley horse, yes, but man, was it ever painful. The casual fan has no idea how much pain these guys play through some times. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Blowing a DI spot on both Fenner and Wild is just not making any sense any more...

Washington needs to get playing time

Washington is bad and probably will always be bad. Having an extra international DB is easily more important than dressing Washington especially with Derek Jones out. Fenner is far better than any of our healthy Canadian DBs and Petermann and Simonise are already better than Washington. You could make the argument that Wild doesn’t do a whole lot as a DI but again, if Bighill goes down, I’d rather he go in than Briggs. 

1 minute ago, do or die said:

He should go the real ole timer route....and slip a foreign object in there...

OMG, the refs been knocked out... Wait, what's Bighill pulling out of his elbow brace... is that... is that brass knuckles... omg he's knocked out Reilly and ref didn't see it... he's pinning him. 1, 2, 3... we have a new world champion.. as God as my witness...