So, Apparently Johnny Football Will Start For Als.

SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I don't believe he is a bomber fan...... him thinking Bowman is gonna get over  200 yds and 2 or 3 touchdowns sounds like something a rider fan would predict against the Bombers...

He's playing 'the character' of a failed bomber GM/coach who now hangs out on a football forum...  in the hopes of demonstrating some kind of point to us all.

It seems that point is that every other team makes good decisions and has good players and the bombers don't and haven't ever - except in 2009.

14 hours ago, TheSource said:

My money is on Montreal. Bombers are still showing complacency going into this one.

Bomber D hasn't had that bad a game for a few in a row, so they are due. Nothing has changed and they are still not a good defense, so the letdown is inevitable.

Manziel is hungry, and traditionally the Bomber D does very poor when there is a new QB that they have to face. Couple this with the potential to really demonstrate how well they can tank in front of a big US audience, and it is almost irresistible for them not to screw up. Also, Bowman has a chance to have a huge game, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up over 200 yards with 2 or 3 TDs.

Montreal still has a pretty good D, so I think the regression of the Bombers O will unfortunately continue and they will be unable to keep up with Montreal scoring. If Montreal gets up by more than 2 possessions in this one, it is all over.

Lol. The last two QBs the Bombers played making debuted or had minimal starts was Ryan Lindley and Andrew Buckley they pounded both of them.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Holy ****. I sometimes think I'm too negative here calling for the firing of MOS & his staff if things don't improve which truly bothers me but you take the cake. I at least, hope the Bombers turn it around while you hope they lose every game by 50 points.  It's crazy some of the things you say while pretending to be a Bomber fan, my God.  All you do is talk trash.

Who doesn't want them to turn it around? Some of us though just can't see it at the moment. I know it gets frustrating but always questioning who is or isn't a fan is just not productive. Walk away or respond with your reasoning to the contents of the post. It is way more satisfying. I know folks here and other forums have accused me of not being a fan in the past and it hurts because when my father and got our season tickets again around 2003 I haven't missed a game. We also had season tickets for several years before and attend plenty of games in between. We went to all home playoff tilts even the one where what was it 12000 and change showed up.

Yeah I get negative but it's frustration talking and what also fuels that is not only the accusations that I am not a fan but the failure to look deeper into what problems there are and see if we cannot agree on how the team should proceed. yes we are not always going to agree but dumping crap all on a QB, safety, coaching, or whatever isn't always the solution. I don't think we have all the right players, sure, and I agree Nichols isn't the Nichol of early last year. However, at the same time I see things that are not all his fault either because our back-ups have had similar issues. Or other facets of the offense that have little to do with the QB are fairly consistent. IS it just Nichols, is lapo, is some other flavour of the day? This is a team sport and as a team they have lost four straight and have been unable to compete for 60 minutes in all but one game this year and Nichols.

Anyway, must end the rant and get back to work. I hope you all have a great day.

8 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

Who doesn't want them to turn it around? 

Not talking about you, but there are people here who seem to have flipped from cheering for the Bombers to cheering for certain people to be fired. It's the same people as always. They are just the type of fans who only show up when things are miserable and they cheer for firings cause that's the type of fan they are. I feel sorry for them truthfully. Going through life that angry and miserable....

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

If Matt gets us up say 20 or more points in the game,  and then when the game gets down to say 5-6 or so minutes to play does anyone think O'Shea will give Chris any reps...... or would he be nervous that Chris shows us even more of an upside and he doesn't want that in the media right now ? 

if Nichols is having even a half decent game, O'Shea will let him ride it out to the full extent and try and build up any shred of confidence he can.  It's clear Streveler is going to be nothing but an absolute last resort.

31 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

if Nichols is having even a half decent game, O'Shea will let him ride it out to the full extent and try and build up any shred of confidence he can.  It's clear Streveler is going to be nothing but an absolute last resort.

Yeh, I see that happening.  The worst then would be Nichols getting hurt in garbage time.......like I said earlier so many side stories to this game,  right to the end of the game.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Lol. The last two QBs the Bombers played making debuted or had minimal starts was Ryan Lindley and Andrew Buckley they pounded both of them.

Yes but that doesnt fit his narrative so he will ignore it and continue to look at the success of teams with players and coaches that are currently not on the roster or management team.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yes but that doesnt fit his narrative so he will ignore it and continue to look at the success of teams with players and coaches that are currently not on the roster or management team.

to put this into perspective... I wonder how Stefan LeFors fared against opposing teams for the first time?  

1 hour ago, trueBlue83 said:

This is not good. 

They seem to go completely with experience,  over youth and potential on this team, for qb position.

The trend these days  is the opposite of this. 

I don't think Wpg would be my first choice as a young quarterback looking for an opportunity to start.

example..... Dom Davis. Three years, one half game, then hooked. for a guy who is out of the game.

And then they went with Darien Durant, for backup. That's who we would have, if he hadn't quit.

Another guy who is out of football.

Maybe this is why we will always be looking for someone else to find a qb for this team. Which won't happen, cause they'll likely keep any such player.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

Who doesn't want them to turn it around? Some of us though just can't see it at the moment. I know it gets frustrating but always questioning who is or isn't a fan is just not productive. Walk away or respond with your reasoning to the contents of the post. It is way more satisfying. I know folks here and other forums have accused me of not being a fan in the past and it hurts because when my father and got our season tickets again around 2003 I haven't missed a game. We also had season tickets for several years before and attend plenty of games in between. We went to all home playoff tilts even the one where what was it 12000 and change showed up.

Yeah I get negative but it's frustration talking and what also fuels that is not only the accusations that I am not a fan but the failure to look deeper into what problems there are and see if we cannot agree on how the team should proceed. yes we are not always going to agree but dumping crap all on a QB, safety, coaching, or whatever isn't always the solution. I don't think we have all the right players, sure, and I agree Nichols isn't the Nichol of early last year. However, at the same time I see things that are not all his fault either because our back-ups have had similar issues. Or other facets of the offense that have little to do with the QB are fairly consistent. IS it just Nichols, is lapo, is some other flavour of the day? This is a team sport and as a team they have lost four straight and have been unable to compete for 60 minutes in all but one game this year and Nichols.

Anyway, must end the rant and get back to work. I hope you all have a great day.

Just so you know the comments I made were for The Source & not you. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just so you know the comments I made were for The Source & not you. 

Understood. I was just hoping to head off any more ill will I don’t know TheSource personally and I can fully understand making judgements on the person based on the posts God knows I’ve done it. For all I know you may be right but I would like to hope you are not.  It sucks to have fan against fan let’s hope that the Bombers pull out of this funk and prove the more optimistic fans here right. I have absolutely no problem eating crow :)

Edited by Dragon37

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Not talking about you, but there are people here who seem to have flipped from cheering for the Bombers to cheering for certain people to be fired. It's the same people as always. They are just the type of fans who only show up when things are miserable and they cheer for firings cause that's the type of fan they are. I feel sorry for them truthfully. Going through life that angry and miserable....

Get what you are saying and I don’t doubt that you indeed know people personally that do this but I would have to assume that you don’t know everyone here personally so you can’t assume that all us folks that are pessimistic aren’t at every game cheering the Blue on. I wouldn’t doubt there are fans here that don’t or can’t go to games. Are they less of a fan. Fans can be fickle creatures. Look at BC their crowds are tiny but they have mostly been a good team. Look at baseball and how fast the audience thins out as teams drop out of contention. I would even the Goldeyes don’t pack them in like they used to. Getting back the the Bombers, it isn’t a cheap night out so I fully understand that people don’t want to come if there is doubt about a win. Certainly I enjoy the game a lot more when they are winning. Heck until the Jets were gone a lot of the supposed Jets fans weren’t at games. I say let the fans gripe if they want. It certainly you know you are faithful who cares what others do? Let’s direct our efforts to find ALL the team’s weaknesses and imploring our club to try and change for the better.

6 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

To be fair though Winnipeg isn’t the only team that does this. Dickenson does it with Bo. Trestman has done it with almost every QB. Berry did it with Glenn in 2007. Campbell does it a ton with Harris. I, for one, have long believed that if your starter hits a wall or if a game is decided one way or another throw your #2 in because you never know when he may actually be needed to start. No better example is needed than the 2007 Bombers. Berry had more than one chance in the last few games to give Dinwiddie some meaningful reps and he didn’t as a result when presented with a a choice of rushing for a first down or throwing the win away he threw the ball into a trap and the one sure GC win died. Right now, Hamilton, Ottawa, and Calgary are risking the same scenario and we all have known for 5 years that O’Shea would rather watch the team flounder than pull QBs or most of his starters out than actually develop the young guys. While I disagree with most here about starting Streveler I am all for him getting more meaningful reps in the game. I also don’t agree that the QB alone is our problem. I have some other theories but not being a fly on the wall in the dressing room and what not they remain theories. 

2 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

To be fair though Winnipeg isn’t the only team that does this. Dickenson does it with Bo. Trestman has done it with almost every QB. Berry did it with Glenn in 2007. Campbell does it a ton with Harris. I, for one, have long believed that if your starter hits a wall or if a game is decided one way or another throw your #2 in because you never know when he may actually be needed to start. No better example is needed than the 2007 Bombers. Berry had more than one chance in the last few games to give Dinwiddie some meaningful reps and he didn’t as a result when presented with a a choice of rushing for a first down or throwing the win away he threw the ball into a trap and the one sure GC win died. Right now, Hamilton, Ottawa, and Calgary are risking the same scenario and we all have known for 5 years that O’Shea would rather watch the team flounder than pull QBs or most of his starters out than actually develop the young guys. While I disagree with most here about starting Streveler I am all for him getting more meaningful reps in the game. I also don’t agree that the QB alone is our problem. I have some other theories but not being a fly on the wall in the dressing room and what not they remain theories. 

I know you will get blasted here for doing it, but I'd be interested to hear what your theories are.

I too think that the problem is more than just changing out the QB, changing out LaPo, changing out Hall, or any combination thereof.

I'm interested in different opinions on that.

23 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

Get what you are saying and I don’t doubt that you indeed know people personally that do this but I would have to assume that you don’t know everyone here personally so you can’t assume that all us folks that are pessimistic aren’t at every game cheering the Blue on. I wouldn’t doubt there are fans here that don’t or can’t go to games. Are they less of a fan. 

Not saying anyone is less of a fan... but for those of us that are invested in the team and at every game, I'd say we have even more reason to be frustrated and fed up when things are going bad.  Quite frankly, I'm getting fed up paying $75 a ticket to watch Nichols throw dump passes and then have O'Shea stand there with a smirk on his face and tell everyone he's playing very good football. 

13 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

The difference is, you're talking about QBs who are winning games.   But Trestman?  He made the change away from Franklin rather quickly.   Acting like he stands by his guy when hes had Calvillo & Ray... awful examples!

Just now, trueBlue83 said:

Not saying anyone is less of a fan... but for those of us that are invested in the team and at every game, I'd say we have even more reason to be frustrated and fed up when things are going bad.  Quite frankly, I'm getting fed up paying $75 a ticket to watch Nichols throw dump passes and then have O'Shea stand there with a smirk on his face and tell everyone he's playing very good football. 

I can completely concur with this. I actually thought Nichols was doing better until he started forcing the ball in. I have to pass some the blame on to coaching in this case though because Streveler walked on and was doing it too. It is clear to me that both QBs are taking way too much of the weight on their shoulders and are repeating mistakes over and over. I am sick to death and have been of O’Shea’s smirk and generic responses. You can be critical and provide fans and press some answers without hurting the tender feelings of the players.

3 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

The difference is, you're talking about QBs who are winning games.   But Trestman?  He made the change away from Franklin rather quickly.   Acting like he stands by his guy when hes had Calvillo & Ray... awful examples!

Yes, but winning or losing you can always spell out your starter. It is just not all that common now. Hamilton has had the opportunity to spell out Masoli and Calgary has had ample opportunity to spell out Bo. I just don’t get the stubbornness that coaches in this league have to spelling out their starters when they have the opportunity. Even the limited reps some of the guys had behind Nichols in the last few years helped. It really is just a mystifying thing to me.

5 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

When asked if he went through a process to select the QB for the next game he said nope, in his mind it was always going to be Nichols because of his body of work and his drive. Well if that's going to be the criteria then a backup will rarely ever see the field because there is little "body of work". So there you have it. It could be the most talented QB ever born and he wouldn't play on O'Shea's team. It would be Pick Six Nichols. What a dumb thing for MOS to say and to stubbornly believe.

20 minutes ago, TheSource said:

I know you will get blasted here for doing it, but I'd be interested to hear what your theories are.

I too think that the problem is more than just changing out the QB, changing out LaPo, changing out Hall, or any combination thereof.

I'm interested in different opinions on that.

Well, I have to wonder is it that we have crappy receivers or is there something in their instructions of what to do when our QB is in trouble. Whether it is Streveler or Nichols and they roll out or not why is it we don’t have the guys finding the gaps. 

Is Loffler really a crappy safety or how is he being instructed? To me he isn’t the first safely we have had in the last few years that is invisible in the pass defence scheme. 

What the flock has happened to our Oline? They allow Jefferson to step back from the line into the passing lane unchallenged while two linemen watch. 

Has our HC deluded our players into thinking that everything is right and rosey when it is clear to many fans and “experts” they have their issues. A few years ago I couldn’t determine if it was insufficient playing or coaching that was killing us. Last year, despite the finish I thought we had most if not all the pieces to win. Now I just don’t know for sure because there just seems to be no transparency or visible leadership on this team aside from our local boys like Harris and Demski 

18 minutes ago, J5V said:

When asked if he went through a process to select the QB for the next game he said nope, in his mind it was always going to be Nichols because of his body of work and his drive. Well if that's going to be the criteria then a backup will rarely ever see the field because there is little "body of work". So there you have it. It could be the most talented QB ever born and he wouldn't play on O'Shea's team. It would be Pick Six Nichols. What a dumb thing for MOS to say and to stubbornly believe.

That’s as annoying as when some of the Bomber players were caught on camera laughing and joking around on the sideline while getting slaughtered on the field. I didn’t expect players to be all mopey an dour but to be ambivalent about a trashing is a kick in the gut. I don’t even want to listen to MOS anymore win or lose because he really has zero to say. As annoying as terse as Don Matthews or Richy could be and as much as Berry offended some here at least you could count on those guys to not constantly blow smoke up your hiney. MOS only makes me wanna scream, run down from the stands and slap that smirk off his face.