So, Apparently Johnny Football Will Start For Als.

SpeedFlex27

Taking first team reps at today's Als practice. Gotta hand it to the Als, Pipkin didn't have a great game & now they bench him? Kid isn't even given the chance to redeem himself.  If he struggles, put in Manziel. If not, keep playing him. They're destroying Pipkin's confidence because Kavis was stupid enough to mortgage the future for the next 2 seasons.  If it was me, I wouldn't bench him.  At least not yet. I think he deserved one more game to get back on track. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I think I picked an interesting game to attend.....so many side stories....and I get to see Johnny football play.   If Matt helps to win the game for the blue great, if not and Big Chris comes in and pulls it out to beat Johnny that would be fine as well, even Bennett winning would be good.   But if Johnny somehow found a way to win I am sure I will experience the full sound of the boo birds...... it's gonna be entertaining .

56 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What's the odds of us losing twice to Saskatchewan and then to lose to Johnny Manziel...  no possible way that we could set the trifecta of all humiliating losses!

its either gonna be we chase manziel and see pipkin in the 4th after 10 sacks and 4 picks with a couple defensive TDs, or a LOT of Bomber fans will be hyperventilating in the 4th. 

Would be our kind of luck to be the first team to lose to manziel as he makes high lights all down south. but naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. He still has no OL and is still johnny manziel. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Taking first team reps at today's Als practice. Gotta hand it to the Als, Pipkin didn't have a great game & now they bench him? Kid isn't even given the chance to redeem himself.  If he struggles, put in Manziel. If not, keep playing him. They're destroying Pipkin's confidence because Kavis was stupid enough to mortgage the future for the next 2 seasons.  If it was me, I wouldn't bench him.  At least not yet. I think he deserved one more game to get back on track. 

Im torn on this one. Id be the last one to pull a young qb. And pipkin has shown the most life of what the als have. But dude is tossing up ints like hes danny mac-nichols. (i kid i kid) 

Id probably use a 2 qb system the rest of the way for the als. Even rotate in adams if one of the other two is in a deep struggle. Dont bounce back n forth with who is the starter this year. Establish that they are in a dog fight going into camp next year to try and lock up a qb1 job. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

its either gonna be we chase manziel and see pipkin in the 4th after 10 sacks and 4 picks with a couple defensive TDs, or a LOT of Bomber fans will be hyperventilating in the 4th. 

Would be our kind of luck to be the first team to lose to manziel as he makes high lights all down south. but naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. He still has no OL and is still johnny manziel. 

Im torn on this one. Id be the last one to pull a young qb. And pipkin has shown the most life of what the als have. But dude is tossing up ints like hes danny mac-nichols. (i kid i kid) 

Id probably use a 2 qb system the rest of the way for the als. Even rotate in adams if one of the other two is in a deep struggle. Dont bounce back n forth with who is the starter this year. Establish that they are in a dog fight going into camp next year to try and lock up a qb1 job. 

Can't put the blame wholly or even largely on Pipkin. He got no protection from his O-line and little help from his receivers. I am not sure that his coach knows what a "rouge" is yet If the Bombers manage to lose what is a close to a gimme game, they will deserve whatever scorn and derision they would get. Nothing less than a good old-fashioned ass-whupping of the hapless Als will do.

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Can't put the blame wholly or even largely on Pipkin. He got no protection from his O-line and little help from his receivers. I am not sure that his coach knows what a "rouge" is yet If the Bombers manage to lose what is a close to a gimme game, they will deserve whatever scorn and derision they would get. Nothing less than a good old-fashioned ass-whupping of the hapless Als will do.

yeah its true. he is working with very little. 

1 minute ago, Dragon37 said:

This will be an interesting second half. Waiting to see which offence will hand the game to the other. I call the odds even in this game both are pretty weak teams right now.

My money is on Montreal. Bombers are still showing complacency going into this one.

Bomber D hasn't had that bad a game for a few in a row, so they are due. Nothing has changed and they are still not a good defense, so the letdown is inevitable.

Manziel is hungry, and traditionally the Bomber D does very poor when there is a new QB that they have to face. Couple this with the potential to really demonstrate how well they can tank in front of a big US audience, and it is almost irresistible for them not to screw up. Also, Bowman has a chance to have a huge game, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up over 200 yards with 2 or 3 TDs.

Montreal still has a pretty good D, so I think the regression of the Bombers O will unfortunately continue and they will be unable to keep up with Montreal scoring. If Montreal gets up by more than 2 possessions in this one, it is all over.

26 minutes ago, TheSource said:

. Also, Bowman has a chance to have a huge game, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up over 200 yards with 2 or 3 TDs.

You haven't been watching him play, have you?  He looks so checked out running his routes. That said, if there's a team he'll be motivated to have a big game against, it would be us. 

35 minutes ago, TheSource said:

My money is on Montreal. Bombers are still showing complacency going into this one.

Bomber D hasn't had that bad a game for a few in a row, so they are due. Nothing has changed and they are still not a good defense, so the letdown is inevitable.

Manziel is hungry, and traditionally the Bomber D does very poor when there is a new QB that they have to face. Couple this with the potential to really demonstrate how well they can tank in front of a big US audience, and it is almost irresistible for them not to screw up. Also, Bowman has a chance to have a huge game, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up over 200 yards with 2 or 3 TDs.

Montreal still has a pretty good D, so I think the regression of the Bombers O will unfortunately continue and they will be unable to keep up with Montreal scoring. If Montreal gets up by more than 2 possessions in this one, it is all over.

20rwryu.jpg

Someone said the Amerc's tuning in to Johnny football will put Wpg. on the map, to many down south....Well we are already on the map , in plenty of hollywood xmas, wintery movies, where they change the name of Winnipeg to some city in the states...They just don't know the streets belong to our fair metropolis

35 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Someone said the Amerc's tuning in to Johnny football will put Wpg. on the map, to many down south....Well we are already on the map , in plenty of hollywood xmas, wintery movies, where they change the name of Winnipeg to some city in the states...They just don't know the streets belong to our fair metropolis

You are talking about the Albert street area aren't ya......

12 hours ago, TheSource said:

Holy ****. I sometimes think I'm too negative here calling for the firing of MOS & his staff if things don't improve which truly bothers me but you take the cake. I at least, hope the Bombers turn it around while you hope they lose every game by 50 points.  It's crazy some of the things you say while pretending to be a Bomber fan, my God.  All you do is talk trash.

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Holy ****. I sometimes think I'm too negative here calling for the firing of MOS & his staff if things don't improve which truly bothers me but you take the cake. I at least, hope the Bombers turn it around while you hope they lose every game by 50 points.  It's crazy some of the things you say while pretending to be a Bomber fan, my God.  All you do is talk trash.

I don't believe he is a bomber fan...... him thinking Bowman is gonna get over  200 yds and 2 or 3 touchdowns sounds like something a rider fan would predict against the Bombers...