Pre-Season

Floyd

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

Probably right - one forward and one D...

Was thinking Niku would get a shot but I think they'll let him 'age' in the AHL this year - maybe until first injury

I wouldn't even expect to see him on the first injury. I think he needs to play and if there's an injury, they'll plug their 7th defenseman in first, leaving guy called up in the press box. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

I wouldn't even expect to see him on the first injury. I think he needs to play and if there's an injury, they'll plug their 7th defenseman in first, leaving guy called up in the press box. 

The trouble is we don't have anyone else on the left side that can really move the puck... Morrow is decent at the first pass but he definitely does not put pressure on the other team

Myers on the left seems pretty scary to me - especially logging big minutes with Buff...  but it sure seems like Maurice wants to force that pairing

J

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

The trouble is we don't have anyone else on the left side that can really move the puck... Morrow is decent at the first pass but he definitely does not put pressure on the other team

Myers on the left seems pretty scary to me - especially logging big minutes with Buff...  but it sure seems like Maurice wants to force that pairing

And Kuli on right side.

Uncle Joe having good camp.

Game 5  @ Flames

1st Period

Flames get out to quick 2 goal lead. 2nd goal bad for Brossy.

Niku gets one at the closing bell and its Jets 1-2 Flames after 1.

2nd Period

Ehlers snaps one in.

Another goal for Niku.

3rd Period

Lil CJ Suess pots a pass past the CAL goalie.

4-3

4-4

Wonder if Berdin gonna play now...

Overtime

SLXddN9.jpg

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I still think its just crazy not to play Niku this year - the league is full of young defenders now and Niku obviously knows how to score...  at least give him 20 games

I honestly have my doubts that Morrow or Chiarot would get picked up on waivers anyway...

Suddenly you have three defensive pairings with scoring/play driving capability

16 hours ago, Floyd said:

I still think its just crazy not to play Niku this year - the league is full of young defenders now and Niku obviously knows how to score...  at least give him 20 games

I honestly have my doubts that Morrow or Chiarot would get picked up on waivers anyway...

Suddenly you have three defensive pairings with scoring/play driving capability

Chiarot wouldn't. Morrow might but... Id play Niku with Buff... Id honestly consider waiving Kulikov at this point. 

I like Kulikov and hope he can regain his form but two major back issues says its a gamble.  Jets arent in dire need of cap relief so its not a concern.  But I do agree with Goalie that if you have other players ahead of him, then perhaps its time to waive him.  Ideally, you'd trade him but no one will bite without thinking he's at least healthy.

So in a perfect world, he regains his form and helps the Jets.  Second best scenario is, he regains his form enough to be traded.  Next summer, with one year remaining, if the Jets need his cap space they could consider buying him out or do a deal where they send him somewhere (and throw in a pick to sweeten the pot).  Josh being a two year deal matches up nicely with Kulikov expiring though.

Looking like Rosso-Ehlers might be a thing...  interesting to see what Niku-Chiarot looks like

Would like to see Copp bumped up and Lemieux replace him on the 4th... that's starting to make the most sense to me

Based on morning skate, here’s tonight’s #NHLJets line up for Minnesota:

Vesalainen-Roslovic-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Dano-Suess-Lipon
Lemieux-Reichel-Appleton

Morrow-Byfuglien
Niku-Chiarot
Kulikov-Nogier

Brossoit starts

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Would have thought the opposite!

There isn't a need for Vesalainen right now...  Scoring on the top 9 is already there and no sense playing him on the fourth

Still hoping for the Copp-Roslo-Ehlers line - felt like Copp and Ehlers did well together...  Maybe Perrault is the spark for Little-Laine...

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

There isn't a need for Vesalainen right now...  Scoring on the top 9 is already there and no sense playing him on the fourth

Still hoping for the Copp-Roslo-Ehlers line - felt like Copp and Ehlers did well together...  Maybe Perrault is the spark for Little-Laine...

that's a bummer though, but he'll be called up soon enough