Pre-Season

Floyd

More excited for this game than the next bomber game...

#NHLJets lineup for Mon pre-season opener vs #mnwild includes Gs Laurent Brossoit and Eric Comrie, Ds Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Chiarot, Joe Morrow, Tucker Poolman, Sami Niku and Logan Stanley

#NHLJets Fs for Mon: Ehlers-Little-Laine, Vesalainen-Roslovic-Perreault, Lemieux-Petan-Dano, Kerdiles-Griffith-Appleton. #mnwild lineup includes former Jets Matt Hendricks and Eric Fehr. Andrew Hammond and Dereck Baribeau are the goalies listed on the roster

Edited by Floyd

Pre-season notes:

- Brossoit's mask reminds me of Stephane Beauregard - so I'm scared everytime there's a shot

- Stanley is not 'steady', he is slow and rarely makes it past centre...

- Niku should make the big team - better than Morrow and Chiarot

- Petan Dano Lemieux played well...  would be a nice fourth line

- Like the Roslo line - not sure about Perrault on RW though

And yeah Little Ehlers Laine is just as underwhelming as last year

Stanley was very good last night.. Anyone who thinks otherwise has a huge axe to grind for some reason. Slow? WTF? He made several plays due to his size strength and speed. 

Thought Stanley Vesa Lemieux Roslo Perreault were all very good. Brossoit was unbeatable.. Looked like Helle a bit... Strong positioning

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Stanley was very good last night.. Anyone who thinks otherwise has a huge axe to grind for some reason. Slow? WTF? He made several plays due to his size strength and speed. 

Thought Stanley Vesa Lemieux Roslo Perreault were all very good. Brossoit was unbeatable.. Looked like Helle a bit... Strong positioning

I must have missed Stanley's speed plays - I thought he played well positionally, still a bit weak in the corners but held his own in front of the net

But I really never saw Stanley making an impact across centre... and he was always cheating a bit to retreat into his zone - thats not going to cut it in the NHL...  but I'm def not writing him off - maybe in a couple years - he's a shot blocker...

All accounts are Stanley is slow. Maybe it’s relative to the overall high team speed of the Jets. But saying that those sane accounts have him looking solid and making good plays. Is strong and nasty. 

Based on one game I’d suspect he spends the year wirh the Moose to ripen.  

Petab...I don’t know.  

On Vesa:

40 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

All accounts are Stanley is slow. Maybe it’s relative to the overall high team speed of the Jets. But saying that those sane accounts have him looking solid and making good plays. Is strong and nasty. 

Based on one game I’d suspect he spends the year wirh the Moose to ripen.  

Petab...I don’t know.  

On Vesa:

Sounds like high praise for Armia 2.0.