Stampeders @ Tiger Cats

Zontar

23 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Any other pulling motion on a guy from behind is a penalty now.  The pull is the issue, not grabbing a guy by the hair.  That wasn't a tackle either.  A tackle is a stick and a wrap, torso to torso.  That was a grab and a pull.  If they focused more on enforcing the rules on legal tackling and requiring form tackles using proper technique injuries would go way down.

You're going to pull  if you grab the hair. I don't follow your logic. Again, if players want to grow their hair extremely long then the locks are fair game. As Milt Stegall said about that play... "Cut your hair". Long hair is a lifestyle choice. It is a safety issue but no one tells players to do it.  And it isn't against the rules.

45 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's a choice by a player to grow his hair halfway down his neck. No one forces them to grow their hair long.  So just like an arm or leg, hair is part of the body & can be used legally to tackle. And it was.

An offensive player who chooses to have his hair at that length is asking for trouble. There’s no reason, other than vanity, to keep your hair at that length when your playing a sport like football. Look at that play. There is no chance for a tackle if the dreads are not flopping out there. Nobody wants to see injuries, but good gawd man..protect yourself.

Just now, Mr Dee said:

An offensive player who chooses to have his hair at that length is asking for trouble. There’s no reason, other than vanity, to keep your hair at that length when your playing a sport like football. Look at that play. There is no chance for a tackle if the dreads are not flopping out there. Nobody wants to see injuries, but good gawd man..protect yourself.

Yes, agree. To play football with your hair in dreads covering your name or even the top part of the numbers is insane. But that's the way it is today. Players wear smaller & tighter jerseys as well as smaller pads so they can show off their biceps, tats & hair. If they want to do that & get injured that's on them.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Coaches that do these fishing trips & lose a challenge should have a 15 yard delay of game. This is why I don't want more than 1 challenge per team per game because of garbage challenges like that.

I would give 1 challenge per half but I like the idea of penalizing  15 when they lose

Edited by bustamente

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You're going to pull  if you grab the hair. I don't follow your logic. Again, if players want to grow their hair extremely long then the locks are fair game. As Milt Stegall said about that play... "Cut your hair". Long hair is a lifestyle choice. It is a safety issue but no one tells players to do it.  And it isn't against the rules.

What I'm saying is grabbing the hair shouldn't be an automatic penalty like grabbing the facemask is, but the pull should be a penalty for rough play, especially when it's that blatant in the open field on a guy running full speed.

Yes, they have better receivers, but they also have a better offensive system that allows the ball to be thrown deep. And, oh yeah, they have a top 2 QB who knows how to throw a deep ball. We don’t utilize our receivers in the same manner, so it’s pointless to say our receivers aren’t good. They rarely get a chance to shine. Our system - our QB.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

What I'm saying is grabbing the hair shouldn't be an automatic penalty like grabbing the facemask is, but the pull should be a penalty for rough play, especially when it's that blatant in the open field on a guy running full speed.

What if they just grab the hair and hang on. No pulling just hanging on and letting the weight of their body slow the runners momentum .... kinda hard to judge for a penalty I think.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

It can't be as hair is a part of the body like an arm or a leg.  It's treated the same way. Players need to cut their hair if they are worried about their own safety.  Players are vain & obviously not concerned wearing long hair.

Punish the tackler for reaching out and grabbing what’s available? I don’t think so. Like I pointed out, there would have been no chance for a tackle if the runner didn’t have that hair choice. I don’t care how you wear your hair, but think smart, wrap it, or hide it, don’t let it be a disadvantage, or a cause for injury. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Yes, they have better receivers, but they also have a better offensive system that allows the ball to be thrown deep. And, oh yeah, they have a top 2 QB who knows how to throw a deep ball. We don’t utilize our receivers in the same manner, so it’s pointless to say our receivers aren’t good. They rarely get a chance to shine. Our system - our QB.

That certainly is a major part of the problem as we tend to spread the field horizontally by throwing all over the field. LaPo likes a ball control type offense instead of a quick strike offense. (Don't know why we can't do both). It is a hinderance if we get behind or is a slump like we are now. However, our receivers just aren't good enough.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It can't be as hair is a part of the body like an arm or a leg.  It's treated the same way. Players need to cut their hair if they are worried about their own safety.  Players are vain & obviously not concerned wearing long hair.

The head is a part of the body too.  The facemask.  It's not that difficult.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Again, if a player grabs hair they're going to pull it which is legal. I don't understand your argument here as it makes no sense. Grabbing & pulling hair is legal.