Morrissey

Floyd

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Why was Trouba's bridge so low?

I'm not sure I understand your question... 

If you're asking if I think Trouba's deal was low? I do. I think, comparably, he probably deserved more. However, when you're an RFA without arbitration, you get what you get and you don't get upset. He could have signed a long term deal and made more. He took his chances and I'm not sure his stock has risen as much as he thinks it would have. 

Also, Trouba held out and lost a bunch of time. Did it hurt him longterm? Can't tell. But missing camp and a bunch of games has to hurt some. 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm not sure I understand your question... 

If you're asking if I think Trouba's deal was low? I do. I think, comparably, he probably deserved more. However, when you're an RFA without arbitration, you get what you get and you don't get upset. He could have signed a long term deal and made more. He took his chances and I'm not sure his stock has risen as much as he thinks it would have. 

Also, Trouba held out and lost a bunch of time. Did it hurt him longterm? Can't tell. But missing camp and a bunch of games has to hurt some. 

Well Trouba for 2m/yr is pretty low. If that's the going rate, lets bridge Morrissey!

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well Trouba for 2m/yr is pretty low. If that's the going rate, lets bridge Morrissey!

I kind of agree; however, I would like to lock him up longterm to lower the AAV.

If the AAV goes down, say $2M, cause it's a longterm deal that covers some RFA and UFA years, then I think it helps the team down the road. 

If you bridge him now, then you'll have to pay the man a larger AAV, when you have a bunch of other big time contracts to pay too.