BC (4-6) @ Montreal (3-8)

NorthernSkunk

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Pipkin turned into a pumpkin, before midnight, tonight......

I didn't pin that loss on the young QB. I thought he did the best he could with what he had. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

y'all need to stop being such negatrons, be positive, it won't kill you. 

Positive and negative are two sides of the same coin. It is better to transcend positive or negative and accept instead what is real. The reality is that we suck. 

“our constant efforts to eliminate the negative… is what causes us to feel so insecure, anxious, uncertain, or unhappy,” -- Oliver Burkeman

9 hours ago, J5V said:

dreams.gif

Well, they most certainly could win next week, and they do match up much better against a team like Montreal compared to their recent competition.

This is again another game that is going to tell us who the Bombers really are this season.

Win this one and they are in the hunt for the crossover spot, not that I think it really matters in the long run.

Lose this one and this team will end up with the worst record in the CFL this year - book it!

A month ago, we were talking up the upcoming 4 games as "finding out what kind of team we have"

Ottawa - didn't show up, got blown out
Stamps - 2nd half collapse 
Riders series - overall was there....but totally boned ourselves with critical errors.

That sort of thing.... that can induce a bit of "negativism"  It certainty does not indicate some kind of lack of realism.

That said, there is time to right the ship and pull a Toronto, this year - but it has to start real soon.

Montreal lost last night because of a horrible performance by their o-line and receivers. Pipkin had no time on most plays to make any kind of play, and his receivers didn't help much either. BC's defence was the best they have looked all year, but the loss of Lulay was critical. If he can come back soon and play, making the playoffs is not out of the question.

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I said it before, that line is tired and untrue. It's not realism, it's just a different sort of bias. 

Nope. People a lot smarter than us have studied this sort of thing. The attempt to stay positive all the time burns energy that would be better used dealing with the reality of the situation, which very well may be negative. Accept the truth and stay in the real world. I know it sucks but it's better for you psychologically. 

2 hours ago, TheSource said:

Well, they most certainly could win next week, and they do match up much better against a team like Montreal compared to their recent competition.

This is again another game that is going to tell us who the Bombers really are this season.

Win this one and they are in the hunt for the crossover spot, not that I think it really matters in the long run.

Lose this one and this team will end up with the worst record in the CFL this year - book it!

No point speculating. Let's wait and see what happens. Only the Bombers can change their reality from something that sucks to something else. 

34 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The games against the +.500 teams revealed who our team is. The game against Montreal won't reveal anything.

Just whether or not we can win on that day. It probably won't take long, maybe 1 quarter. Montreal will come out looking to change their fortunes. They very well may kick our fragile asses. We haven't played a sixty minute game this year. 

22 minutes ago, do or die said:

A month ago, we were talking up the upcoming 4 games as "finding out what kind of team we have"

Ottawa - didn't show up, got blown out
Stamps - 2nd half collapse 
Riders series - overall was there....but totally boned ourselves with critical errors.

That sort of thing.... that can induce a bit of "negativism"  It certainty does not indicate some kind of lack of realism.

That said, there is time to right the ship and pull a Toronto, this year - but it has to start real soon.

Toronto had Mark Trestman and Ricky Ray. We have Nichols and O'Shea. Hardly an apt comparison.

18 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Montreal lost last night because of a horrible performance by their o-line and receivers. Pipkin had no time on most plays to make any kind of play, and his receivers didn't help much either. BC's defence was the best they have looked all year, but the loss of Lulay was critical. If he can come back soon and play, making the playoffs is not out of the question.

Jennings can play lights out at times. They'll be fine.

IF we somehow find a way to lose to the Als., the boos will be deafening...directed I would say at our current coach and Nichols....However IF we win the eventual drop to the bottom will probably commence the following week as dashed dreams start to become a reality...I hope for this managements sake that doesn't happen.. BUT...……...

44 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The games against the +.500 teams revealed who our team is. The game against Montreal won't reveal anything.

It will tell whether the Bombers are the worst team in the league in terms of both personnel or management, or whether they are a mediocre "one and done" playoff contender.

Everyone seems to be OK with mediocre, content to just spin a mediocre reality into a contender fantasy.

It may not be the case, but I'm curious to see what people say if it turns out this is not mediocrity but really Mike Kelley/Joe Mack bad, but just in a different disguise.

5 minutes ago, TheSource said:

It will tell whether the Bombers are the worst team in the league in terms of both personnel or management, or whether they are a mediocre "one and done" playoff contender.

Everyone seems to be OK with mediocre, content to just spin a mediocre reality into a contender fantasy.

It may not be the case, but I'm curious to see what people say if it turns out this is not mediocrity but really Mike Kelley/Joe Mack bad, but just in a different disguise.

No it won't. Win or lose, it doesn't tell us anything more than we won or lost.

16 minutes ago, Stickem said:

IF we somehow find a way to lose to the Als., the boos will be deafening...directed I would say at our current coach and Nichols....However IF we win the eventual drop to the bottom will probably commence the following week as dashed dreams start to become a reality...I hope for this managements sake that doesn't happen.. BUT...……...

You don't want a change? You want another 5 years of this?

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

BC has: Hamilton, Hamilton, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatchewan, Calgary

Winnipeg has: Montreal, Edmonton, Ottawa, Saskatchewan, Calgary, Edmonton

We need to win at least two because I'm not sure BC wins 3 of those 7.

Looks like BC and us will be in the West basement. I know we have the season series but BC with Jennings > Wpg with Nichols. That's been proven before.