BC (4-6) @ Montreal (3-8)

NorthernSkunk

26 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

BC has: Hamilton, Hamilton, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatchewan, Calgary

Winnipeg has: Montreal, Edmonton, Ottawa, Saskatchewan, Calgary, Edmonton

We need to win at least two because I'm not sure BC wins 3 of those 7.

I see BC winning one of the Hamilton games maybe Toronto and then if Calgary has first place wrapped up maybe win against Calgary - that gives them 3 wins.

I see Winnipeg winning against Montreal and maybe finally win one against the Riders (as it is in the Peg). But that's about all I see on the win side for the Bombers.

That would leave the Bombers with a 7-11 and  BC 8-10. Will be interesting to see if either team can pull one out against Calgary or Edmonton.

Edited by BBRT

1 hour ago, J5V said:

You don't want a change? You want another 5 years of this?

Just a figure of speech....'For their sakes' doesn't mean I personally want to see them back...What it does mean is that will be a foregone conclusion if we miss post season and they will be dealt with...which is quite possible...I still hope we can pull something off in the last few games..(unlikely if we lose to the basement dwellers)...but there's still a flicker....Once that's extinguished.....clean house

3 hours ago, J5V said:

Just whether or not we can win on that day. It probably won't take long, maybe 1 quarter. Montreal will come out looking to change their fortunes. They very well may kick our fragile asses. We haven't played a sixty minute game this year. 

A win against Montreal is by no means a guarantee, and if the Bombers manage to fumble away a victory, it would signal that the season is over for them.  There is absolutely no reason for the Bombers to lose and if they want to reestablish their credibility as a playoff team they need to win decisively. It would be heartening if the offence woke up and the defence also played well. The Riders are winning on the backs of their defence, but that will take them only so far.

20 minutes ago, Tracker said:

A win against Montreal is by no means a guarantee, and if the Bombers manage to fumble away a victory, it would signal that the season is over for them.  There is absolutely no reason for the Bombers to lose and if they want to reestablish their credibility as a playoff team they need to win decisively. It would be heartening if the offence woke up and the defence also played well. The Riders are winning on the backs of their defence, but that will take them only so far.

That happened already this season. We beat them by 46 points, then went 4-6. We are what we are.

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

I see BC winning one of the Hamilton games maybe Toronto and then if Calgary has first place wrapped up maybe win against Calgary - that gives them 3 wins.

I see Winnipeg winning against Montreal and maybe finally win one against the Riders (as it is in the Peg). But that's about all I see on the win side for the Bombers.

That would leave the Bombers with a 7-11 and  BC 8-10. Will be interesting to see if either team can pull one out against Calgary or Edmonton.

I'd be surprised if BC wins another game...  Lulay is finished and Wally has basically destroyed Jenning's confidence...

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

That was then and this is now. The September team has to know how close they are to the abyss and that Nichols can no longer be relied on.

Are you suggesting that they'll suddenly find this great performance within themselves because they've realized their QB is crap? How does that work, exactly?

10 hours ago, Tracker said:

13 hours ago, J5V said:

Are you suggesting that they'll suddenly find this great performance within themselves because they've realized their QB is crap? How does that work, exactly?

I am not expecting much from the 2018 Bombers except that they will stumble into the playoffs by way of crossover and lose in the first game. What I am hoping for is that the players who are worth keeping will show themselves in a much better effort in the games to come. Until recently, I had thought that we had the talent to not only get to the playoffs but maybe even get to the western final. I am not smart enough to judge whether its a lack of talent, inept coaching or a combination of both, but whatever the problem is, I think we are way past the tinkering stage and down to the rebuild stage.

At the beginning of the year most people thought that we had a great team on paper. Backup QB after double-doosh took the money and ran was the only weak spot personal wise. Turns out that backup QB is the least of our problems. I still think we have the players to win more games than we have. I don't think the coaches are getting the most out of the players we have.

What do we have to lose by giving Big Chris another start and see if it brings any kind of a spark to the team ?......I could be in Wpg this Friday night if I wanted( got a flight on Sunday),  thinking I should attend the game.  It's gonna be interesting no matter which QB plays and how the game pans out...........could start with huge cheers, or huger boos.  

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎15 at 11:57 AM, Mr Dee said:

I was watching the Thursday night football game - Ravens and Bengals. Play by play revealed something called mis, mis, oh yeah mis-direction. Not missed direction.

Does anybody know know what that means in a team’s offence?

Don’t recognize the term right off...

Do you have kids? Like playing hide & seek in the aisles of a grocery store with a 10 yr old. You zig & they zag. Kinda like that.