Third Jerseys

Floyd

I actually love it.  And I liked it immediately.  I know all the twitter people who think they're sports experts are tripping over each other to bury it but its a simple and sharp design.  Its a third jersey, not a new primary jersey.

The Heritage Classic is awesome.  Using it for the third jersey, however, doesn't afford the Jets an extra design for marketing.   You can see its inspired by the original WHA logo (they had the word mark with the swoosh underneath in a round coke like circle and a simple wordmark logo that had a Jet-like swoosh as the cross over the T).

I find it really clean and sharp and I like the blue.

Curious if you love it enough to buy one?

I’d say I’m indifferent on this jersey.  Don’t hate it, but at the same time, I don’t find it compelling enough that it will be something I’d go out and buy.  

And if the majority of people feel that way, then it would have to be considered a failure as this is the primary reason teams do these jerseys   

Will be interesting to see how many of these we end up seeing around the city and at games    

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Curious if you love it enough to buy one?

I’d say I’m indifferent on this jersey.  Don’t hate it, but at the same time, I don’t find it compelling enough that it will be something I’d go out and buy.  

And if the majority of people feel that way, then it would have to be considered a failure as this is the primary reason teams do these jerseys   

Will be interesting to see how many of these we end up seeing around the city and at games    

People will buy them.  I think I might, yes.

If it was an ode to the original logo or even Winnipeg in the swipe underneath, I'd probably be fine with it...

Or maple leafs/Jets on the shoulders or something...

This smacks of the Jays logo when they tried to erase Canada for marketability... not saying TrueNorth is doing that, but it just feels so 'bleh'...