Bombers Management: Proactive, Reactive, Passive or Delusional - Streveler

BigBlue

My first question is will the Bombers start Streveler against Montreal?

My second question is what is MOS and Walters doing to right the ship?

My third question is based on the  answer to the second question: why are you doing what you are doing?

It breaks down to management philosophy ... are we sticking to what we recruited in training camp? 
It sure seems that way ... I can't recall one newbie since camp (other than maybe replacing some Canadian special teamers)

Hamilton have made trades and just signed Chad Owens ... BC has brought in more receivers, Toronto switched QBs and is rehabing Carter, Chris Jones doesn't sit on his hands ... top teams might be able to stand pat but those of us with losing records need to fix what is broken ... we have a long record of being passive even before MOS came to town ... are we being delusional by standing pat?

In the very least can we develop Streveler into a starter and the leader needed to win a Grey Cup, finally ... winning Cups are not a statistical probability, they have to be soundly earned

Cutting Bond was bad judgment as was not replacing Loffler and Ritchie Hall

We are not even tinkering in our downward spiral ... even a couple of adjustments earlier may have led to a winning record

I am very close to giving  up on this club and focusing on The New England Patriots, perhaps the best coached team in the world

Here's one for you....beating an improved Mont. team is not a slam dunk by any means...Popkin...or whatever his name is hitting targets all over the field....Their D is starting to swarm like their old days...They don't need to start Johnny football cuz what they have is going to be a challenge...AND IF we do drop the next one say goodbye to 18' and most likely to our not so illustrious coach...Playing at IGF is not the advantage it used to be and Streveler will have to have a great game...O'Say says he's starting Nichols....I doubt he finishes...BUT surprise the hell out of me Mike and Matt

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

I am very close to giving  up on this club and focusing on The New England Patriots, perhaps the best coached team in the world

1. I, for one, will NEVER give up on my team. 

2. It is easy to follow a winner like the Patriots. (I liked the Patriots way back in the mid '70's when they had little Mack Heron - but I do follow other teams too).

3. My guess is that Nichols starts against Montreal, but is on a shorter leash.

4. I am a little concerned about the Bombers seemingly lack of signing some NFL cuts.

Edited by blueingreenland

1 hour ago, blueingreenland said:

2. It is easy to follow a winner like the Patriots. (I liked the Patriots way back in the mid '70's when they had little Mack Heron - but I do follow other teams too).

4. I am a little concerned about the Bombers seemingly lack of signing some NFL cuts.

The quality of NFL cuts available to the cfl is not gonna be what it was. And our scouting staff sucks so I’m not sure that this is going to be the solution to what currently ailes this team.  I can’t believe that this team hasn’t brought in some veteran receivers when they were actually available.  I guess Bakari Grant is still out there. 

38 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It is all but confirmed publicly that Nichols will start against the Als, and Chad Owens re-injured his leg today and is gone for an indefinite period. Why are Calgary, Edmonton Ottawa etc able to find darned good receivers but the Bombers cannot?

Because the Bombers are not really looking. Which is stupid.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 hours ago, BigBlue said:

My first question is will the Bombers start Streveler against Montreal?

No.

My second question is what is MOS and Walters doing to right the ship?

Everything they can. 

My third question is based on the  answer to the second question: why are you doing what you are doing?

Because they are doing what they feel will work.

It breaks down to management philosophy ... are we sticking to what we recruited in training camp? 
It sure seems that way ... I can't recall one newbie since camp (other than maybe replacing some Canadian special teamers)

Looks that way, the DB Preister? saw some action for Fogg ans wasn't a total disappointment (bad PI penalty that took a pick off the board). 

Hamilton have made trades and just signed Chad Owens ... BC has brought in more receivers, Toronto switched QBs and is rehabing Carter, Chris Jones doesn't sit on his hands ... top teams might be able to stand pat but those of us with losing records need to fix what is broken ... we have a long record of being passive even before MOS came to town ... are we being delusional by standing pat?

Look, we may have lost 4 in a row, but when your all star QB is playing like schat, it doesn't matter what the rest of the team is like, ask the Detroit Lions.

In the very least can we develop Streveler into a starter and the leader needed to win a Grey Cup, finally ... winning Cups are not a statistical probability, they have to be soundly earned

I don't see why not, I like both Streveler and Bennet, they are accurate passers who can escape, they have the tools but need time to develop, probably 2 - 3 years or you run the risk of killing their confidence.

4 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Hamilton was reacting to the loss of Shamawd Chambers for the season
BC was reacting to loss of Arceneux for the season
Toronto - They were on a three game losing skid before changing QBs... we changed QBs at 3 1/2 (halfway through the Banjo Bowl)... what's the problem here?
Jonesy - they just set a franchise record for most non-offensive TDs in a season, they're having 2011-swaggerville turnover luck right now which will not last.

Cutting Bond was bad judgment as was not replacing Loffler and Ritchie Hall
The offensive line has been fine this year, offense has other problems certainly, but the O-line has not been a problem. Yeah I'd agree with your assessment of Loffler/Hall here...though the D has been pretty serviceable as of late.

We are not even tinkering in our downward spiral ... even a couple of adjustments earlier may have led to a winning record
Four of our losses (EDM 33 - 30, BC 20-17, SSK 23-31, SSK 32-27) were in one-possession games, so we could easily be 7-3 right now...

If that's how you feel, there's the door.

17 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

If that's how you feel, there's the door.

Yes, but if he left:

Who would start new threads?

Who would ask all the questions?

What would the Patriots think?  Would they be happy?  Would they be sad?

What of the children?

Edited by WBBFanWest

How can you guys say Loffler should have been replaced?  You guys loved Loffler until this season.  I told you he was crap last year and he was defended like crazy.  You can't be on both sides of that.  Love a guy in the off-season and then halfway through the season he should have been replaced when you were loving him.

52 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

How can you guys say Loffler should have been replaced?  You guys loved Loffler until this season.  I told you he was crap last year and he was defended like crazy.  You can't be on both sides of that.  Love a guy in the off-season and then halfway through the season he should have been replaced when you were loving him.

Hell, everybody liked Loffler better.....when he was a visible, play making part of the D....doling out big hits, picking off passes etc.   But watching him this year - just not making any plays, and his lack of range is problematic, in terms of over the top help for anybody, back there.

Like watching a ball rolling right off the table.

36 minutes ago, do or die said:

Hell, everybody liked Loffler better.....when he was a visible, play making part of the D....doling out big hits, picking off passes etc.   But watching him this year - just not making any plays, and his lack of range is problematic, in terms of over the top help for anybody, back there.

Like watching a ball rolling right off the table.

Manny crushing loffler >  tackle whiffing loffler.

7 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Well I have been cheering for the Blue since 1962 ... 2008 & 2011 we were total underdogs ... gotta go back to Kevin Glenn leadership to see a serious chance at the Cup .... I would like to see the Bombers hoist it before I die

The Patriots have been great and don't cause emotionally induced illness for their cheering fans

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Is it that he’s crap or poorly coached. If the guy is not doing the things you want you bench him. They have replaced guys for reasons other than injury. So my assumption is Loffler must be doing what is asked of him.

Same with our receivers and what they do when the QB is in trouble.

18 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

True, its never an option.

12 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Well I have been cheering for the Blue since 1962 ... 2008 & 2011 we were total underdogs ... gotta go back to Kevin Glenn leadership to see a serious chance at the Cup .... I would like to see the Bombers hoist it before I die

The Patriots have been great and don't cause emotionally induced illness for their cheering fans

How long do chimpanzees normally live?  Just asking.

33 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

When was it actually an advantage...? Since moving to IGF, the team's home record is 20-31. That's 11 games below .500 and a .392 win percentage with one winning season (2017).

That's unparalleled ineptitude.

You're right it is inept overall BUT I guess I was thinking home field in 2017...Doesn't translate to 18 however....Matter of fact very little about this club is translating from 17' to this year

Edited by Stickem

13 hours ago, BigBlue said: