Whatever Happened To....

Zontar

17 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Without looking up his name or spelling, I’ll say “Ed Hoculy” is an NFL ref. 

CFL refs seem to want to be part of the show throwing undue number flags, then consulting further delaying the game. The other thing they seem to do by design is when a convert or field goal is good, they look at each other and both of them under the goal posts raise their arms in a synchronized fashion. Synchronized reffing isn’t necessary. I’d like to see one signal in and the other say out, someday. 

I don’t watch games to see refs flaunting their colourful scarf dance or synchronous signalling. 

Hochuli retired from the NFL this past year .. no longer a referee.

8 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I think the biggest reason we're seeing less kick returns for TDs is because teams are more often electing to take the ball at the 35 yard line instead of having the opponent kickoff after a FG. Less kick offs...less kick returns.

Which is a change they seem to have made due to lack of success. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Which is a change they seem to have made due to lack of success. 

Not just the Blue and Gold though, it is pretty much universal across the league that if you give up a FG, you take the 35 yard-line... the exception being when the rules prevent you from doing so (final 3 minutes), or if there is an excessive wind for the kicking team...

Edited by Eternal optimist

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Not just the Blue and Gold though, it is pretty much universal across the league that if you give up a FG, you take the 35 yard-line... the exception being when the rules prevent you from doing so (final 3 minutes), or if there is an excessive wind for the kicking team...

Agreed - I was referring to the entire league.