So can we start talking about firing MOS yet?

White Out

Should MOS be back next season?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should MOS be back next season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's give it another 5 seasons and see if he can eek out a playoff win

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Moss was put in a difficult position when they made him head coach, with his limited experience coaching. That was an unusual move in Pro football.  Can't fault him for taking the job. I'm sure he thought he could do the job, and win the Grey cup. But it's a very complicated job, that usually requires apprenticeship that he did not get. It might have worked, but it is increasingly apparent that it will not. Five years in, and not looking promising at all, no matter what some people are saying.

He was a horrible choice and if Walters made it then Walters needs to go too.

You're right. Had MOS done a proper apprenticeship he might have realized that he is not head coach material and instead may have settled for a coordinator or scout type job. By repeatedly enabling him year after year now we can't get his head down to a normal size and he thinks he's smarter than everyone. I wish he had some humility and just fall on his sword if no one is going to relieve him.

11 minutes ago, J5V said:

He was a horrible choice and if Walters made it then Walters needs to go too.

You're right. Had MOS done a proper apprenticeship he might have realized that he is not head coach material and instead may have settled for a coordinator or scout type job. By repeatedly enabling him year after year now we can't get his head down to a normal size and he thinks he's smarter than everyone. I wish he had some humility and just fall on his sword if no one is going to relieve him.

Well that all started from the top down.....rookie CEO....rookie GM.....rookie HC......It has been a rookie show from the start....what is going to change it? 

Just now, pigseye said:

We lost the battle of the special teams in the series with the Riders, that usually doesn't happen with MOS. Nor did we even attempt a trick play, that icr? That tells me they are tight, and it's rubbing off on the players. I get the feeling that they are feeling the pressure. 

Bombers dominated field position today.  Riders left their base defense on for punt return to stop the fakes.

10 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Well that all started from the top down.....rookie CEO....rookie GM.....rookie HC......It has been a rookie show from the start....what is going to change it? 

The Board. Get out your pen and start writing.

Just now, DR. CFL said:

The good or bad of it is the BoD is no longer the old boys club that actually influenced football decisions....they are now an at arms length group designed to oversee the business operation. 

Nepotism is still king in everything Bombers, has been since Cal Murphy was shown the door. There is an element in the Bombers who think they 'saved' the team from bankruptcy and are owed for it. 

Nothing changes until Miller instills a new GM who will tell the BOD where to shove things.

2 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

The good or bad of it is the BoD is no longer the old boys club that actually influenced football decisions....they are now an at arms length group designed to oversee the business operation. 

How is business? In the eyes of the board as long as Miller is generating revenue and pumping the hands of fans and kissing the babies he has value. When the ticket sales slump and the goodwill wears off, he'll be expendable.

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

Nepotism is still king in everything Bombers, has been since Cal Murphy was shown the door. There is an element in the Bombers who think they 'saved' the team from bankruptcy and are owed for it. 

Nothing changes until Miller instills a new GM who will tell the BOD where to shove things.

That should be Miller’s job not the GM’s.   Miller was buddies with the old boys on the BoD...Dunn and Asper.  They finally put a plan in place to prevent the long standing positions on the BoD....ironically that came after Miller became CEO.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

How is business? In the eyes of the board as long as Miller is generating revenue and pumping the hands of fans and kissing the babies he has value. When the ticket sales slump and the goodwill wears off, he'll be expendable.

Ticket sales aren't good.  They've been down every year since the move to the new stadium win or lose, and are several thousand below the average of the same period in the old stadium.  They are playing to about 80% of capacity.  In the old stadium it was over 85%.

1 minute ago, DR. CFL said:

That should be Miller’s job not the GM’s.   Miller was buddies with the old boys on the BoD...Dunn and Asper.  They finally put a plan in place to prevent the long standing positions on the BoD....ironically that came after Miller became CEO.

Optics, nothing more. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ticket sales aren't good.  They've been down every year since the move to the new stadium win or lose, and are several thousand below the average of the same period in the old stadium.  They are playing to about 80% of capacity.  In the old stadium it was over 85%.

There certainly appeared to be a lot of empty seats today....sadly for a game that should have been a sell out.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's not good. Miller is first and foremost, a salesman. The fans will not be buying what he is selling when it looks like the last 4 games.

Just now, DR. CFL said:

There certainly appeared to be a lot of empty seats today....sadly for a game that should have been a sell out.

It was a sellout.  Empty seats are a symptom of the design of the stadium.  Always a tonne of people at the rum hut and concourse.  You can still see the game from there.

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

That's not good. Miller is first and foremost, a salesman. The fans will not be buying what he is selling when it looks like the last 4 games.

I think they've done a good job of shifting the demographic of who is buying tickets younger.  But they've lost a lot of mature fans with the transition to the new stadium.  And I'm not trying to get into the blame game about people not going even though it's so convenient now.  There's a perception and an experience people have had and that is something they have to fight against to sell tickets.

15 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

By definition, the Board of Directors doesn't meddle in the day-to-day operations of the organization it presides over. They're supposed to direct and control the organization's overall success, the only employee they are responsible for evaluating is the CEO.

Miller has done a real good job.  

Walters has done mostly a good job,  needs some help on recruiting American Receivers but for the other positions I wouldn't complain.   

I don't think this team needs a massive overhaul.    No need to panic and freak out... the last 2 seasons were really good.  

Team needs help on offense ... maybe one stud Receiver  (Darvin Adams is to streaky IMO)  needs to be more consistent.    

Need a new defense coordinator ... players seem to be talented enough IMO.  

LaPo is a wild card...  I'm still on the fence if it's all on Nichols or a joint effort.  

Clearly Nichols isn't good enough to get it done.   For a guy like him he doesn't have the physical tools that can off set shitty decisions.   The guy with his limited mobility and not so hot arm needs to be playing at a A+ level in order for him to win at the league.  Someone like Masoli and Reilly have the physical tools to at least run for their life and or toss deep bombs that can at least give the plays a chance.   

I haven't fully given up on Nichols yet,  but he needs to sit for at least 2 games to get his head out of his ass and prove that he can still play.  

Edited by Brandon

Fire em all but unless the QB pulls his head out of his ass it makes no difference. Id fire Lapo cuz the O is awful and very predictable. Rook comes in.. No touches for Harris.. Rook has the ability to run.. No run calls. Lapo is a huge problem right now. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

LaPo is a wild card...  I'm still on the fence if it's all on Nichols or a joint effort.  

Well here is something to consider... Nichols and Streveler today both came out 10/20 in completions for the same number of yards. So that to me says the OC is a much bigger factor than the qbs. 

49 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Really the worst coaching decision made was starting Nichols.  There's a 17 point handicap in each of the last two weeks.  Chris Jones didn't do anything to earn that.

I agree with this. Also, pulling Streveler out when we were knocking on the door 1st and goal from Riders 9 - only to replace him with Nichols who immediately shuffled it for a pick-6 - that too ranks up there as a seriously bad coaching move. I know it's hindsight but I was there in the stands and shook my head at the time and even before the snap wondered WTF - why is he pulling Streveler?

Edited by Doublezero

Just now, Doublezero said:

I agree with this. Also, pulling Strreveler out when we were knocking on the door 1st and goal from Riders 9 - only to replace him with Nichols who immediately shuffled it for a pick-6 - that too ranks up there as a seriously bad coaching move. I know it's hindsight but I was there in the stands and shook my head at the time and even before the snap wondered WTF - why is he pulling Streveler?

I Think its a Lapo decision

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

This team did not fire Tim Burke the worst head coach ever(IMHO) during the season so why would they fire MOS now?

Tim Burke was not in year five, a year they went "all in" to win it all. This collapse is by far a worst case scenario for all of them.