So can we start talking about firing MOS yet?

White Out

Should MOS be back next season?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should MOS be back next season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's give it another 5 seasons and see if he can eek out a playoff win

9 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Like it or not you would want your commander and chief to come across as self assured and confident....anything else would be perceived as weakness. The expectation that press releases or conferences will divulge anything other than the usual predictable sports cliches is unrealistic 

I think you're confusing self assured and confident with being stubborn and unwilling to admit that what you're doing isn't working.

If it's just going to be the usual predictable sports cliches then why do it at all? 

Isn't it true that if a person is self assured and confident that they can afford to admit they might have been wrong and that they are making corrections? That still wouldn't give anything away.

The problem with being stubborn is that you can't admit you might be wrong which stifles your ability to learn.

8 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Turn the sound off so you don't have to listen to the BS. Just watch the body language. If you step back and actually look, he comes across as more defeated in yesterday's news conf than ever before. It's obvious the writing is on the wall and he knows it.

I'm sure you're right. I think he wants to be a great coach and who knows, he may be one day, but for now he's killing us. As I've said before, it's too bad he didn't get more experience and better mentoring.

39 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I’m skeptical - you always reply to my comments ha..

It would be accurate to say that I respond to some of your comments.  While I disagree with a lot of your posts, you don't act like a blatant troll, like the guy with the Kelly avatar, nor do you spew "old man yells at cloud" level silliness like the guy named after an old football.  And occasionally, you actually make a good point!   So I'm happy to put them on my "pay them no mind list" and just shake my head wearily at most of your stuff.  😏

2 hours ago, J5V said:

I think you're confusing self assured and confident with being stubborn and unwilling to admit that what you're doing isn't working.

If it's just going to be the usual predictable sports cliches then why do it at all? 

Isn't it true that if a person is self assured and confident that they can afford to admit they might have been wrong and that they are making corrections? That still wouldn't give anything away.

The problem with being stubborn is that you can't admit you might be wrong which stifles your ability to learn.

J5V...not saying I agree with it...but more that it is the expectation of the fan base.  Always appreciate your posts.

11 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I say MOS must at least get to the playoffs to keep his job minimum.

But I think once the offseason hits upper management needs to force him to hire a new defensive coordinator and open up the QB competition next preseason between Nichols and Streveler.

And Bennet and whoever else is invited to camp.

On 2018-09-18 at 8:35 AM, DR. CFL said:

Like it or not you would want your commander and chief to come across as self assured and confident....anything else would be perceived as weakness. The expectation that press releases or conferences will divulge anything other than the usual predictable sports cliches is unrealistic 

There's such a thing as appropriately confident and self-assured, and then there's just flat-out delusional. Our coach is a nice guy who is the latter. While I don't share J5V's vociferousness about him (that I felt for Mike Kelly or even the hapless Burke), I certainly find it curious how many folks are seemingly eager to defend this paragon of mediocrity. I mean, **** guys, the man is 3 games below .500 over a 5 year career with not a single playoff victory under his belt. Is that good enough for y'all?

40 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I say MOS must at least get to the playoffs to keep his job minimum.

But I think once the offseason hits upper management needs to force him to hire a new defensive coordinator and open up the QB competition next preseason between Nichols and Streveler.

I agree.

O'Shea's job is to extract maximum performance from his players. If what we saw last night is an example of that, we need a new HC or better players or both.

On 2018-09-09 at 7:52 PM, Floyd said:

I'm actually worried with the coming bye week that we'll pull another 'Doug Berry'...

Team was flailing in early 2008... so Doug Berry asks Taman to 'remake' the team - with Joe Smith/Fred Reid thunder n lightning...

The team has a winning run in the second half... so of course Bauer rewards everyone by cleaning house...  then Kelly cuts Joe Smith - back to square one (actually square minus 10... but whatevs)

It's helpful whenever anyone mentions Mike Kelly, because that almost makes me grateful for MOS.

7 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

There's such a thing as appropriately confident and self-assured, and then there's just flat-out delusional. Our coach is a nice guy who is the latter. While I don't share J5V's vociferousness about him (that I felt for Mike Kelly or even the hapless Burke), I certainly find it curious how many folks are seemingly eager to defend this paragon of mediocrity. I mean, **** guys, the man is 3 games below .500 over a 5 year career with not a single playoff victory under his belt. Is that good enough for y'all?

Key point being below .500 in 5 seasons. What pro coach in any sport survives that? It’s not an overreaction based on one or two seasons, it’s a trend. Nice guy or not, stubborn or not, poor coordinators or not, that’s not succeeding. 

On 2018-09-09 at 8:52 PM, Floyd said:

I'm actually worried with the coming bye week that we'll pull another 'Doug Berry'...

Team was flailing in early 2008... so Doug Berry asks Taman to 'remake' the team - with Joe Smith/Fred Reid thunder n lightning...

The team has a winning run in the second half... so of course Bauer rewards everyone by cleaning house...  then Kelly cuts Joe Smith - back to square one (actually square minus 10... but whatevs)

I can understand this thinking, but let's remember something.  Berry was here a mere three years, and had just come off a close Grey Cup loss during which he had to go with a backup QB who did virtually nothing else throughout his entire CFL career.  And the key was he built some momentum at the end of 2008 and reached the playoffs but just couldn't quite close the deal.  And he also didn't hire a big old dud as his defensive coordinator.

Mike O'Shea has been here 5 years already and while it's good that some patience is warranted, some way somehow it's gotta start making these playoff runs count.  And that is assuming we get to the playoffs which right now we're on the outside looking in and needing help from BC's opponents.

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Bombers win and O'Shea gets a stay of execution. Bombers lose, and the noose gets tighter. Bombers get blown out and O'Shea gets to take the long walk down the hallway.

not a chance. This management went an entire season with Etch as D coordinator. They aren't going to fire a head coach who could still make playoffs before the season is over.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

not a chance. This management went an entire season with Etch as D coordinator. They aren't going to fire a head coach who could still make playoffs before the season is over.

Do you really think that the team could rebound emotionally from another blowout? There has to be a limit as to how many losses of game they ought to have won before the confidence of the players in themselves and the coaches is shattered. There were high expectations of the team at the beginning of the season that have not been met and that has to make things worse.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Do you really think that the team could rebound emotionally from another blowout? There has to be a limit as to how many losses of game they ought to have won before the confidence of the players in themselves and the coaches is shattered. There were high expectations of the team at the beginning of the season that have not been met and that has to make things worse.

I'm not disputing that. I'm saying all the coaches on this team, are 100% here for the remainder of the year regardless of the outcome of this game.

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not disputing that. I'm saying all the coaches on this team, are 100% here for the remainder of the year regardless of the outcome of this game.

You may well be right, but if the current losing skid continues with lop-sided loss to the Esks and there are no consequences to the coaches, that would send a bad message to the players and fans alike.