So can we start talking about firing MOS yet?

White Out

Should MOS be back next season?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should MOS be back next season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's give it another 5 seasons and see if he can eek out a playoff win

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Durant handed us a gift-wrapped Adam Bighill...  I'm eternally grateful.

If Durant was starting, we'd be totally finished, he was garbage the last two years... and Walters would be fired mid-season.

Agreed. Durant shows he had a crappy attitude, and I know for a fact that it would not translate into onfield performance any better than Nichols or Streveler, and would most likely be worse.

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

You fire the head coach when he loses the room. He has not done that. Entire team stepped in when Gainey got in his face. Fire MOS.. Bring in another head coach but have no QB and he gets fired and repeat.. MOS is not the issue... His OC and QB is. You fire BOTH Hall and Lapo long b4 u fire the coach who hasn't lost the room. You wanna see the team really go to ****? Fire the head coach they all believe in.  You fire the OC who has been fired twice b4 here.. You fire the DC... You fire MOS and we get a seasons worth of Tim Burke LDC games. 

You fire a head coach when he does not perform to expectations, or stops performing to expectations;  "loses the room" is a symptom, not the disease.  In fact, if you wait until then, you've waited too long.  The coordinators are O'Shea's.  If they fail, he fails.  O'Shea needs to starting producing NOW.   Playoff win or bust.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Mike O’Shea won’t reveal on his weekly CJOB radio show who his starting QB will be Sept 21 vs Mont. but he did hint at it when he said Matt Nichols still has his confidence.

We need Matt Nichols to find his own confidence, make quick decisions and distribute the ball to our playmakers.  O'Shea's confidence won't do it for him.

Just now, ALuCsRED said:

We need Matt Nichols to find his own confidence, make quick decisions and distribute the ball to our playmakers.  O'Shea's confidence won't do it for him.

I was at the game when we cheered Kent Austin - OUR starting QB...  being helped off the field 

Nichols needs to sit 3-4 games until the fans decide he's now the backup and start cheering for him again ha

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Nichols was always going to start the next game. Streveler didn't go out and blow the doors off, he showed the same struggles NIchols was having so of course they'll go back to the veteran guy. Probably have Nichols on a shorter leash than in the past but he was going to be the guy. 

I've pretty much been a Streveler fanboy, but, if you're going to try to salvage Nichols season (career?) and justify the $400K salary, I think you have to start him against the team with the worst record in the league (notice I didn't say worst team), and see if he can get back on track. A win; 270 yards, 2 TD's, 1 pick - sadly, that would be a "good" day for him this year. If he wins, definitely a very short leash the rest of the season for him. And tell him that Strevelation will be coming in the second he even hints at an underhand pick 6. If he loses, craps the bed, I'd suggest he start looking into coaching opportunities in US colleges. 

8 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

I've pretty much been a Streveler fanboy, but, if you're going to try to salvage Nichols season (career?) and justify the $400K salary, I think you have to start him against the team with the worst record in the league (notice I didn't say worst team), and see if he can get back on track. A win; 270 yards, 2 TD's, 1 pick - sadly, that would be a "good" day for him this year. If he wins, definitely a very short leash the rest of the season for him. And tell him that Strevelation will be coming in the second he even hints at an underhand pick 6. If he loses, craps the bed, I'd suggest he start looking into coaching opportunities in US colleges. 

I don't care about salvaging Nichols season or career. I care about salvaging the Bombers season. The $400K has already been spent. It's now about is next year's $450K worth it considering how Nichols has been playing.

If you want to give Streveler the best chance at success, you start him against Montreal, a team that he's already done well against. Boost his confidence and get him some more valuable game reps. If he's losing, then you can put Nichols back in to be the savior. He'd love that role and it would get the fans back on his side.

If (and I think he will) Nichols starts.....it will be interesting to see how the entire O responds around Matt.....as I think we are on the cusp......of a comeback or a slide right into the abyss. 

Anything resembling the Banjo bowl first half, would probably put paid, to Nichol's tenure as a starter, round these parts.   Which given his past status, and current coin.....would be awkward indeed.

On 2018-09-10 at 9:06 PM, Tracker said:

Ironic, isn't it? Durant screwed the team over by bailing after getting his signing bonus, but if he were here, he would probably be starting now. We have Streveler but his experience is very limited.

God, the only thing that would make the current seeming **** show more of a joke is to have the washed-up, super-thin-skinned Durant running the offense. Guy's a total ****.

Edited by deepsixemtoboyd

32 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

What coach is going to publicly admit defeat, or admit he is in over is head and has been beaten down....no one

Tim Burke didn't say it outright but he sure showed it. Whether it was the sad eyes or just shrugging his shoulders when asked if he had any answers as a head coach. The 2013 season couldn't come soon enough to put him out of his misery.

4 hours ago, pigseye said:

imo, MOS is as arrogant as they come. A 4 game losing streak may just be the best thing for him. 

Getting fired may just be the best thing for him. What a smug, arrogant, prick.

16 hours ago, J5V said:

Getting fired may just be the best thing for him. What a smug, arrogant, prick.

DiD MOS stuff you in a locker when you were younger? Steal your fiancee? Run over your dog? Beat you out for a movie part?

You got a crazy hate-on for MOS. It's ridiculous if none of the above happened...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

23 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

DiD MOS stuff you in a locker when you were younger? Steal your fiancee? Run over your dog? Beat you out in a movie part?

You got a crazy hate-on for MOS. It's ridiculous if none of the above happened...

OMG! Listen to the guy. I won't apologize for what I think of him. He is exactly as I described.

15 hours ago, J5V said:

OMG! Listen to the guy. I won't apologize for what I think of him. He is exactly as I described.

A smug, arrogant prick...? Have you met the guy or interacted with him in any meaningful way ever?

Go see a doctor and get your turd-addled brain looked at.

Edited by blue_gold_84