So can we start talking about firing MOS yet?

White Out

Should MOS be back next season?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should MOS be back next season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's give it another 5 seasons and see if he can eek out a playoff win

7 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

I want to see what kind of plays they design for Streveller two weeks from now before I cast shade on lapo.  And even if Streve struggles against Montreal, how much blame can you fairly assign to Paul anyways?  Strev is pretty inexperienced and will make his fair share of mistakes.

It'll be the same kind of plays they always use. This isn't Lapos first time running an offense in the CFL, it's not even his first time in this city, this is go #3 in Winnipeg for Lapo and it's the same **** he was running in 2002, except without Milt Stegall to make it work better. 

Lapo won't turn Streveler into the next great qb, we need to fire Lapo to take that step. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lapo should watch a lot of Mike Reilly film if he needs a blueprint for building a gameplan for Streveler.  They get him on the move all the time and challenge the defense to hold contain and cover 3-4 guys in the route that are accessible to Reilly.

Did you watch that shootout out West today? Wow!

3 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Don't put words in my mouth.

Sorry. I misread that. My bad. 

The supporting staff could have helped him more, for sure. Hopefully with more game time together they'll develop the chemistry that seems to be missing when Nichols plays.

49 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Proof? Cuz this is Nate level BS 

Your feeling of entitlement is comical. As someone who has been trained, and worked in media, never, ever reveal your sources.

I may not post as often as I use to, but I'm quite comfortable with what my track record is here. Whether or not you believe me is not something I'll be losing sleep over.

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It'll be the same kind of plays they always use. This isn't Lapos first time running an offense in the CFL, it's not even his first time in this city, this is go #3 in Winnipeg for Lapo and it's the same **** he was running in 2002, except without Milt Stegall to make it work better. 

Lapo won't turn Streveler into the next great qb, we need to fire Lapo to take that step. 

The 2002 team was one of the best all-time offenses in CFL history.  Hardly an indictment of Lapo.  I will wait and see what they have planned a few weeks from now. 

People here are being myopic and are not nearly assigning enough blame to Nichols and his declining/lack of skills.  Lapo probably played a significant role in his success considering how poorly he played in Edmonton prior to be traded to Winnipeg.  Without Lapo's play-calling Nichols may have very well never have had those two good seasons in 2016 and 2017.  

Nice to see the poll results so far. I must not be taking crazy pills.

You know what really pissed me off? The lack of push back from these ******* rider players and fans. The Jeffcoat zig zag. The Riders going up to the fans after their TD. They came into our house and pissed on our rug. And the team let it happen. MOS's team let it ******* happen. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Your feeling of entitlement is comical. As someone who has been trained, and worked in media, never, ever reveal your sources.

I may not post as often as I use to, but I'm quite comfortable with what my track record is here. Whether or not you believe me is not something I'll be losing sleep over.

I'm not surprised to hear that, regarding Miller micro-managing the team.  I'd be interested to know what decisions he has influenced in a negative way related to  the on-field product.  Guess you can't reveal anything specific though, huh?  

I'd start Streveler next game. He didn't do much more than Nichols, but then again, I don't expect as much from a rookie QB as I do from an 8 year CFL vet. Nichols threw 5 picks in a half, mercifully, 2 were taken off the board due to penalties. Streveler threw 2, one of which was on a 3rd down when he was being hit.

7 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

The 2002 team was one of the best all-time offenses in CFL history.  Hardly an indictment of Lapo.  I will wait and see what they have planned a few weeks from now. 

Stegall, Bruce, Jones, Roberts, Sellers... easy to run that offense.

Just listened to the Matt Nichols post game interview. He feels like crap and I feel bad for him. He claims to still have his confidence. BTW, he said whether he starts next game is O'Shea's decision so let's put that responsibility where it belongs.

Perhaps I'm in the minority here but what's not to like about Walters?  He's brought in the talent to rebuild this sad sack team inherited from Joe Mack.   Say what you want but the guy has done a remarkable job . Lest we forget that we had a 3-15 team not too long ago.   The blame should squarely fall on the coaching. I'm running out of excuses to defend O'Shea.   Hall needs to go.  LaPo just looks lost right now.. no imagination again. Just like it was all those years ago.  This season is slipping away and changes need to be made.

27 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Perhaps I'm in the minority here but what's not to like about Walters?  He's brought in the talent to rebuild this sad sack team inherited from Joe Mack.   Say what you want but the guy has done a remarkable job . Lest we forget that we had a 3-15 team not too long ago.   The blame should squarely fall on the coaching. I'm running out of excuses to defend O'Shea.   Hall needs to go.  LaPo just looks lost right now.. no imagination again. Just like it was all those years ago.  This season is slipping away and changes need to be made.

Well we lack talent at american receiver for one thing... I like Thompkins but other than him we haven't really recruited anyone in the years Walters has been here. That has to change. Considering how long they've been here we haven't seen enough talent come from the states. FA and drafting yeah he's done well there but scouting? Needs improvement. 

Our biggest problem is our American scouting.  How many years and can't find a receiver or a middle linebacker. Probably two of the easiest positions to find.  I would look at overhauling our American scouting and hire Cory Mace to run the defense next year. Gotta continue developing the qb's we've got. Get rid of Nichols and brining in a mobile style qb with some experience to compete with Streveler and Bennet next season.

Turning point of the game. Thompkins drops a pass from Bernie at midfield. I slouched and said, “ the receivers don’t understand they need to catch passes.” Like I know nothing but our champs need to learn to grab the ball and hang n. 

Wolitarsky slips and misses an easy pass. Demski dropped one and another guy, Miller, failed to catch a very catchable ball.

any one of those passes been completed and the bombers would have cmtimued to move the ball well. 

Ambulance leaves after a 25 minute delay. Any air the blue had was released with  this bit of adversity.