Game Day Thread - Banjo Bowl

BigBlue

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah I was ticked. TSN is a Mickey Mouse network. I was scrambling to find the other stations. Imagine if you were pvr'ng. Just moronic. 

I did PVR the game but I always record the game on two different channels.  Just because TSN pulls this type of stuff all the time. 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else feel that Streveler would do well in a Hamilton style offense but is afraid that Lapo will just keep the same game plan?

Every QB will perform better under an offence that was not designed by Paul LaPolice.

Edited by B-F-F-C

7 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I did PVR the game but I always record the game on two different channels.  Just because TSN pulls this type of stuff all the time. 

I forgot to. I often do as well.   But seems to be standard practice to stay with the game you’ve been showing all afternoon rather then pull away with two minutes left. Oh well. I was annoyed. Not the end of the world.  Those with TSN stock don’t take it personally lol 

Maybe it was for the best. Imagine how I’d feel if the bombers had made a xomeback to win haha

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lol whatever. It’s nkt advertised as a regional channel. It’s clearly their main channel. It’s not TSN1. Sorry do you work for TSN?

No I don’t work for them but unlike you I know how to google.

TSN1 September 1, 1984
August 15, 2003 (HD)[15]
Originally established as the primary, national TSN service since its launch, on August 25, 2014, this feed was renamed TSN1 and became the primary TSN feed for viewers in British ColumbiaAlbertaand Yukon.[4]
On August 15, 2003, TSN launched a high definition simulcast, branded as TSN HD, airing widescreen and high-definition feeds of programming when available. As virtually TSN's entire schedule is now broadcast in HD, the separate branding was dropped from on-air usage in 2013, and the HD feed is now letterboxed for standard definition viewers. All of the other TSN channels below have had HD simulcasts available since their respective launch dates.
TSN2 August 29, 2008 Replaced a part-time "alternate feed" in operation since 1997. For the most part, it has served as an overflow channel for TSN's various sports rights, particularly when all four "regional" feeds are jointly carrying another major event.
  • The primary channel for TSN's Toronto Raptors (and other NBA) regular-season coverage.
  • Carries regional Montreal Canadiensbroadcasts.[3]
  • Normally simulcasts the full ESPN2talk lineup weekday afternoons from 3:00 to 6:00pm ET.
  • Simulcasts CHUM's Overdrive.
TSN3 August 25, 2014 The primary TSN feed for viewers in ManitobaSaskatchewan, the Northwest TerritoriesNunavut and northwestern Ontario.[43]
  • Carries regional Winnipeg Jetsbroadcasts.[40]
  • Simulcasts 12:00 p.m. CT hour of CFRW's Donvito Roundtable(branded as Jets Lunch)
  • Normally airs ESPN's College GameDay.
  • Normally simulcasts the full talk lineup from ESPN's main U.S. channel weekday afternoons from 2:30 to 6:00pm ET.
TSN4 The primary TSN feed for viewers in most of Ontario.
TSN5 The primary TSN feed for viewers in eastern OntarioQuebec, and Atlantic Canada.

I'm very very disappointed in the game today. Horrified at the performance of Nichols. As a lot of posters have stated, it certainly appeared like we didn't have a play package for Streveler. We need to have a play package set up ASAP for Streveler.

We have some serious coaching issues on offence. Far too much predictability.

I don't agree with people criticizing Neufeld. He's been starting left guard for close to a season. ( 17 and 18 ) Now he's been asked to play right tackle. Very different position, coupled with having to completely change his footwork. Yes there's some pain with him out there, but this isn't an easy transition. The plays I watched him he did just fine.

We lost yet another trench battle today. On both sides.

Sure didn't see much blitzing.

I really feel the Riders should be thanking their lucky stars. They should've lost both of those games.

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

I'm very very disappointed in the game today. Horrified at the performance of Nichols. As a lot of posters have stated, it certainly appeared like we didn't have a play package for Streveler. We need to have a play package set up ASAP for Streveler.

We have some serious coaching issues on offence. Far too much predictability.

I don't agree with people criticizing Neufeld. He's been starting left guard for close to a season. ( 17 and 18 ) Now he's been asked to play right tackle. Very different position, coupled with having to completely change his footwork. Yes there's some pain with him out there, but this isn't an easy transition. The plays I watched him he did just fine.

We lost yet another trench battle today. On both sides.

Sure didn't see much blitzing.

I really feel the Riders should be thanking their lucky stars. They should've lost both of those games.

Lucky stars had nothing to do with it. The Riders were ready for the Bombers and really proved it in the second half. Collaros was no better than Nichols but had a much better supporting cast.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Is it so bad that we no longer get odds and sods ?

Family, health and other issues have made this year particularly difficult to crank out the O+S this year.   I apologize to the small and devoted following, for this.  May produce one in the morning - if I can restrain myself from overly ranting about this particular abortion.....

3 minutes ago, do or die said:

Family, health and other issues have made this year particularly difficult to crank out the O+S this year.   I apologize to the small and devoted following, for this.  May produce one in the morning - if I can restrain myself from overly ranting about this particular abortion.....

If you do, thanks. We appreciate your work.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Live from the game, Rider fans are cheering Nichols.

If Strevy doesn’t go in, I’m over MOS

Does this mean you and MOS are still ... tight?

17 minutes ago, do or die said:

Yikes hopefully everything turns the corner for you.   No need for the odds and sods.... I just personally want something to read on the site that doesn't involve pitch forks and firing of all coaches. 

By far the biggest official/league  failure is the continuing non calls of head shots.

Saw two absolute failures in that department this weekend.

four games,  two blatant head shots missed completely.

Discipline officials for those failures, and tell us about it. Time to stop this old school, out of date, protection of officials. 

If my Doctor screws up, I can find out about it, but if a ref screws up, it's kept secret. 

Overprotecting these refs lowers fan respect, the opposite of what they want to achieve.

And eject players on the spot for this crap.

And don't give me any  "football is a violent sport" crap.

I saw two plays where defenders clearly lowered their helmet just before a big hit. 

Credit to the Bombers, they are the least dirty team in the league. 

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

By far the biggest official/league  failure is the continuing non calls of head shots.

Saw two absolute failures in that department this weekend.

four games,  two blatant head shots missed completely.

Discipline officials for those failures, and tell us about it. Time to stop this old school, out of date, protection of officials. 

If my Doctor screws up, I can find out about it, but if a ref screws up, it's kept secret. 

Overprotecting these refs lowers fan respect, the opposite of what they want to achieve.

And eject players on the spot for this crap.

And don't give me any  "football is a violent sport" crap.

I saw two plays where defenders clearly lowered their helmet just before a big hit. 

Credit to the Bombers, they are the least dirty team in the league. 

I'd agree with you outside of Loffler who is quickly becoming a one dimensional goon and forgetting about the fundamentals of good football.

The last play of the first half he tried to decapitate Moore I believe. I like Loffler, I love hard physical aggressive football but Loffler needs to be better and I bet he knows it.

We need our safety to make plays on the ball now and then, not consistently coming late to the game looking for a kill shot that usually does nothing other than the receiver signalling first down.

12 hours ago, ddanger said:

As much as this is partially true, I also felt the Riders were ready for Streveler.  With Nichols struggles, I'm positive they watched all the available film on Chris knowing they'd likely see him in the second half.  On his read option where he tried to take off up the middle (a play that has worked for him almost every time), they knew to watch for it and snubbed it out right away.

Also, knowing he's still a rookie, brought the heat and said 'force him to make a quick decision' .   There was still positive signs though, and I think they can build from it!