Game Day Thread - Banjo Bowl

BigBlue

Just now, 17to85 said:

Oh  man wasn't it Dirty Sanchez with a brutal blindside hit on Stegall at one point? I'd be surprised if Stegall and Sanchez like each other at all. 

Yeah Sanchez always went for his knees, Stoddard absolutely lit him up one game after he submarined Milt for about the 3rd time. Stoddard was good at a lot of things, have to have a guy like.  

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Our Canadian receivers are better than our american ones, start them all and play Leggett at safety when he's healthy and problems solved. Though if they keep using the safety the same way they use Loffler it won't really matter. 

This is really the problem but it shouldn't be. I think Walters and MOS are planning on fielding an entire team of nationals. 

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Our Canadian receivers are better than our american ones, start them all and play Leggett at safety when he's healthy and problems solved. Though if they keep using the safety the same way they use Loffler it won't really matter. 

They won't because of fear of one getting hurt and lack of depth....   

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

So Cdns today...  4 OL, RB, 2-3 REC, S...

Were we playing 9-10 Cdns?

Ya when two import receivers went out.  The backups are Canadians, we didn't have a DI receiver.  I don't for the life of me understand what they love about Loffler so much.  You'd think you'd want any of the guys on your defensive depth chart to make some plays on the ball carrier and the ball.  He's barely made any in 12 games.

We also only dressed 6 DL, one of them being here only 2 weeks.  That's a disaster.  Need at least 7.  Not sure why we don't have more options on our practice roster in terms of imports on both lines.

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

They won't because of fear of one getting hurt and lack of depth....   

You'd just have to start Petermann in addition to Wolitarsky and Demski to be able to go all import on D.  I mean they could have done it anyway today with 4 NI OL starting.  But once they go back to 3 NI OL, start the three receivers, you have Simonise to backup along with Lafrance, probably call back Tylor Henry and dress him instead of the 7th OL dressed today.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

TSN can go **** thenselves for switching away from the bombers game with two minutes left with a two point game.  What idiot made that call?  I’ve seen starting coverage a few minutes late cause one game runs late. But to air the entire game and switch away with two minutes left??? 

I PVR’ed it. Ignorant pricks 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

TSN can go **** thenselves for switching away from the bombers game with two minutes left with a two point game.  What idiot made that call?  I’ve seen starting coverage a few minutes late cause one game runs late. But to air the entire game and switch away with two minutes left??? 

Always PVR TSN3 for Bomber games.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ya when two import receivers went out.  The backups are Canadians, we didn't have a DI receiver.  I don't for the life of me understand what they love about Loffler so much.  You'd think you'd want any of the guys on your defensive depth chart to make some plays on the ball carrier and the ball.  He's barely made any in 12 games.

We also only dressed 6 DL, one of them being here only 2 weeks.  That's a disaster.  Need at least 7.  Not sure why we don't have more options on our practice roster in terms of imports on both lines.

Before the injuries... we were starting 9 NIs...  its getting a bit crazy

Don't really understand why Flanders didn't draw in - but I'd be fine with Woli, Thompkins and a rotation of Demski/Petermann as our permanent SB core

Using Wild as a DI makes no sense anymore

No amount of 'fresh' Des are going to fix Hall's crap D either

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Always PVR TSN3 for Bomber games.

Well I guess so now. Who would think they’d switch their main network which was scheduled to show the bombers game and was actively showing it. 

The right call is to show the warm up of the other game and advise to switch over to the other channels and join it in progress. It’s two friggen minutes.  Jerks. 

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Before the injuries... we were starting 9 NIs...  its getting a bit crazy

Don't really understand why Flanders didn't draw in - but I'd be fine with Woli, Thompkins and a rotation of Demski/Petermann as our permanent SB core

Using Wild as a DI makes no sense anymore

No amount of 'fresh' Des are going to fix Hall's crap D either

8 NI's.  7 on O, 1 on D.  But doesn't really matter just means there's an import on O who can sub in for anyone, really 6 on O, 1 on D.

20 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

The smell of manure was wafting strongly into the stadium grandstands today, which appropriately added to the overall ambience. At first we thought it was just the Sask fans who brought it with them but no, it was permeating around the Bombers. One highlight was that some of the Jets were there: Nik Ehlers, Adam Lowry and Andrew Copp. After Nichols threw his second I/C (or was it his fifth?) a few of my seatmates were calling for Copp to go in as QB - apparently he was a hell of a high school quarterback at Michigan. It was fun to see Ehlers throwing those little souvenir smurf footballs into the stands to fans however. I guess at $6M/year he earns more than the entire Blue Bombers roster :)

Ummm, these 2 Provinces side by side and both rely Heavily on Agriculture.

I’m going to help you with your knowledge of the Prairie Provence’s. The green Province is a wheat Province. The red Province 2 over named Alberta. They are the live stock Province. They have horse crap on the field where their Mascot takes huge dumps. So why would you think the fans from SK smell anymore like manure than the Manitoba fans? I think most of the game had energy. That bad energy was shell shock coming from Matt Nichols. Matt was so stressed out his old coach called it earlier today before the game started. Chris Jones said you could see how heavy it was weighing on Matt by the look on his face. 

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah I was ticked. TSN is a Mickey Mouse network. I was scrambling to find the other stations. Imagine if you were pvr'ng. Just moronic. 

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well I guess so now. Who would think they’d switch their main network which was scheduled to show the bombers game and was actively showing it. 

The right call is to show the warm up of the other game and advise to switch over to the other channels and join it in progress. It’s two friggen minutes.  Jerks. 

TSN1 is NOT the main network. I repeat it is NOT the main network.