Alex Ross

rebusrankin

27 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Another QB prospect falls by the wayside...sounds like a soap opera.

I sure hope Shreveler is the real deal and we can sign him to another contract.

STREVELER..........  we should be able to sign him once he has been shown management believes in him.  As long as they do it before some other team comes along and promises him more playing time.

20 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

STREVELER..........  we should be able to sign him once he has been shown management believes in him.  As long as they do it before some other team comes along and promises him more playing time.

Yeah teams gonna show the money to a green as goose poop rookie QB for sure. In what world do you live in? Cuz it certainly isn't the real world

Just now, trueBlue83 said:

BUT..... we're all here because we cheer for the team that gave Drew Willy starters money..... so..... haha

Willy was considered to be in the same Tier as Collaros... Or close to it. Bombers had to pay Willy cuz there was no other option.. People aka players didnt want to come here cuz it was a huge Gong show.. Now the only Gong show is a few posters on this site.. Trying so hard to make it in to one again. 

Streveler  might well have other opportunities. Why not an NFL shot. Seems to be similar to some of the young qb they are playing/looking for now.

mobile, big, fast, strong, smart, hardworking, decent arm, fearless, confident, team player, and a leader.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Streveler  might well have other opportunities. Why not an NFL shot. Seems to be similar to some of the young qb they are playing/looking for now.

mobile, big, fast, strong, smart, hardworking, decent arm, fearless, confident, and a leader.

Hes a fn rookie in the CFL who is 1 and 2 as a starter.. I like the guy.. Nice upside but FFS some of you are seriously reaching at times here. 

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

mobile, big, fast, strong, smart, hardworking, decent arm, fearless, confident, and a leader.

Yeah, but his playing time is capped by coach, y'know ...

Just now, Goalie said:

Hes a fn rookie in the CFL who is 1 and 2 as a starter.. I like the guy.. Nice upside but FFS some of you are seriously reaching at times here. 

you have some pretty strong opinions yourself.

Carson wentz was a rookie from North Dakota.

Seems to have done ok for himself and his team.

2 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Ross's stat line with us was 1 game played with 1 attempted pass that was incomplete.... oh did I mention it was on a botched FG attempt? In a game we ended up losing by 3 points?

Yeah... good riddance.

Didn't he get hurt on that play, I agree not missing out by him being cut.

21 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Willy was considered to be in the same Tier as Collaros... Or close to it. Bombers had to pay Willy cuz there was no other option.. 

He was also their 3rd choice.  They tried to get Collaros but he went to Hamilton, which cause the release of Burris.  They tried to get Burris, but he chose Ottawa.    With Nichols, he really got paid based on half a season of production.  He came to Winnipeg with an 8-12 record.  It can be argued that Nichols got paid as well because we had no other option.  I could be totally wrong here, but did the Bombers not try and get Harris before he signed in Ottawa before the 2017 season?

Now we've got a guy who's showing a ton of promise, and he's going to stay buried behind a declining Nichols.  Streveler could very easily ask for his release at the end of the season if he wants to bet on himself!

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

you have some pretty strong opinions yourself.

Carson wentz was a rookie from North Dakota.

Seems to have done ok for himself and his team.

28 minutes ago, J5V said:

Wentz was a first round draft pick. Second in the draft.  He's also playing the same game he played in college. Not Canadian football. So, less of a learning curve to a different size field, rules, motion & 3 downs. I like Streveler  but bring him along slowly. Having said that, not this slowly. O'Shea's refusal to give him just a little playing time is baffling. Which is typical O'Shea par for the course stupid & why he needs to go. Yesterday. His act is wearing thin.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

29 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

He was also their 3rd choice.  They tried to get Collaros but he went to Hamilton, which cause the release of Burris.  They tried to get Burris, but he chose Ottawa.    With Nichols, he really got paid based on half a season of production.  He came to Winnipeg with an 8-12 record.  It can be argued that Nichols got paid as well because we had no other option.  I could be totally wrong here, but did the Bombers not try and get Harris before he signed in Ottawa before the 2017 season?

Now we've got a guy who's showing a ton of promise, and he's going to stay buried behind a declining Nichols.  Streveler could very easily ask for his release at the end of the season if he wants to bet on himself!

He can ask but he won't get it.

Tony Dungy made some memorable comments about playing young football players,  I can't quote exactly how he said it, but he said something along the lines that when you have a specimen of a player who has huge upside and has shown some of it in their first appearances.....that you play them.  If it doesn't work, then next man up.  

And I got a question,  why does it sound like only the QB position "needs to be groomed " before they can earn a starting spot ?..... it is just a game all these young men have been playing since they were kids......either they can play or they can't. (?)

4 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Tony Dungy made some memorable comments about playing young football players,  I can't quote exactly how he said it, but he said something along the lines that when you have a specimen of a player who has huge upside and has shown some of it in their first appearances.....that you play them.  If it doesn't work, then next man up.  

And I got a question,  why does it sound like only the QB position "needs to be groomed " before they can earn a starting spot ?..... it is just a game all these young men have been playing since they were kids......either they can play or they can't. (?)

It's not just QB.  The vast majority of players don't play right away when they jump to the next level, be that high school to university or junior or junior/university to pro.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's not just QB.  The vast majority of players don't play right away when they jump to the next level, be that high school to university or junior or junior/university to pro.

Yes I agree with that,  I just find it funny when fans are calling for the scouts, management, coaches to find some American (etc) talent at whatever position and get them here now !....cause we need the help.......when they post that I always think, "but don't they have to learn the Canadian game as well, so we don't ruin them".......

and to what you said JBR,  do you think Streveler looks like he could make that next step from where he was to the CFL .?