2018-19 Lines

Floyd

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I just read an article in the Winnipeg Sun and he is waiver except still.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets/niku-shines-with-pair-of-goalsjets-defence-battle-heating-upbrossoit-gets-2nd-look

"That could work against Tucker Poolman, who is the only member of the competition (of the eight) who is exempt from waivers this season."

He is. Needs to play in 60 nhl games. Hasn't yet

I think you could see 

Connor Scheif Wheeler 

Laine Little Perreault 

Lemieux Roslo Ehlers 

Tanev Lowry Copp 

Dano 

Trouba Morrissey 

Buff Niku 

Myers Kulikov

One of Chiarot or Morrow waived. If im choosing between the 2 i waive Chiarot as Morrow seems to be a bit better overall.. I think both clear tho. Or you waive no D and send Poolman to the Moose and go 8 D and 13 forwards. I think this is likely.. Petan likely not back soon as his dad passed away suddenly. 

Edited by Goalie

18 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think you could see 

Connor Scheif Wheeler 

Laine Little Perreault 

Lemieux Roslo Ehlers 

Tanev Lowry Copp 

Dano 

Trouba Morrissey 

Buff Niku 

Myers Kulikov

One of Chiarot or Morrow waived. If im choosing between the 2 i waive Chiarot as Morrow seems to be a bit better overall.. I think both clear tho. Or you waive no D and send Poolman to the Moose and go 8 D and 13 forwards. I think this is likely.. Petan likely not back soon as his dad passed away suddenly. 

I would rather send poolman down and wait for injuries. We need to hold onto the depth we have. Poolman doesn’t impress me all that much.  He seems like more of a depth guy than a potential difference maker.

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I would rather send poolman down and wait for injuries. We need to hold onto the depth we have. Poolman doesn’t impress me all that much.  He seems like more of a depth guy than a potential difference maker.

Would have been nice to see Poolman more in the pre-season...  his contract for the next three years is pretty cheap 

With him and Morrow as RFA, I'd way rather develop them - we've seen Chiarot's ceiling and its just 'okay'

53 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Would have been nice to see Poolman more in the pre-season...  his contract for the next three years is pretty cheap 

With him and Morrow as RFA, I'd way rather develop them - we've seen Chiarot's ceiling and its just 'okay'

Chairot is definitely nice to have around. I trust him quite a bit but I don't disagree with your views on Morrow and Poolman. 

If it were up to me, I would send Poolman down right now to get the playing time with the Moose but should be the first call up and right into the starting line-up if there is an injury. 

After pre-season, these would be my lines...

Connor-Scheif-Wheeler

Laine-Little-Perrault (either wing Frosty...)

Copp-Roslo-Ehlers

Dano-Lowry-Tanev (maybe Dano provides a bit of scoring punch?)

Lemieux

Morrissey-Trouba

Morrow-Buff

Kulikov-Myers

Chiarot

Helle-Bross

I would run everyone equally even though guys want big minutes for the first 20-30 games... we really ran out of steam in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Of those choices Dano but am I crazy in thinking it might be Vesa?

I cant see Copp/Lowry/Tanev being broken up.

I'm wondering about that too - but then that puts a lot of pressure on Roslovic...  Still think the best choice is Copp-Roslo-Ehlers / Lemieux-Lowry-Tanev

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

You would think having Ehlers playing 3rd 4th line is just simply balancing the talent out and wanting to roll with four lines. If it aint working Maurice will adjust in-game.

Its like a long forgotten dream for Maurice to roll four lines...  fingers crossed

https://thehockeywriters.com/winnipeg-jets-find-patrik-laine-center/

Interesting that no one looks at Andrew Copp to centre Laine/Ehlers...  he had great chemistry with Ehlers - basically the ONLY guy who really does...

Copp's FO % was really progressing through his first three years...  2C is too much for Roslovic right now

Little would replace Copp on the checking line in a heartbeat and provide more scoring punch...