Crossover Standings after Week 12

DougR

18 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Duck that,

I am already planning the Grey cup parade route. 

This is our year. I'm calling it

THATS the spirit! I need them to at least have the parade snake along Regent avenue from Bond to Lagimodiere and Waverley from Academy to Taylor. What portion of the route can you add that is a necessity for your needs?  

Oh, and Moray, Grant to Ness. 

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

THATS the spirit! I need them to at least have the parade snake along Regent avenue from Bond to Lagimodiere and Waverley from Academy to Taylor. What portion of the route can you add that is a necessity for your needs?  

Oh, and Moray, Grant to Ness. 

Transcona way to penguins to reenders yo panet up to Concordia to Henderson to main and Portage up Portage.

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Transcona way to penguins to reenders yo panet up to Concordia to Henderson to main and Portage up Portage.

We just may have the North East portion connected at a minimum unless someone else chimes in with their needs. WE CAN BUILD THIS THING, 

Ill volunteer to map it out and update the information as it rolls in. 

Should this be the topic of a new thread? 

Edited by Rod Black

18 hours ago, Booch said:

Nichols had 166 passing and 2 ints and we were lucky to win? Nichols wasn't the reason we lost with his "irrelevant stats"...it was the pop warner play by us on your return TD...and the basically pick six your defense got you...so your superior quarterback won't win many games generating 17 points a game in the CFL..and like Rider fans trumpeted last 2 years when our defense and ST 's were producing scores week in and week out...it won't last

Ottawa beat us in Ottawa after Collaros got hurt and our back up was in So your QB got hurt and you lost...that's just an excuse really...we hammered Montreal with as raw a rookie as you can have..on the road...and the 3rd stringer as well chipped in points...whats your point...should we have defaulted that as a loss?..I guess our back-up is better...you saying if Collaros goes out again..which is likely that you guys won't win again??

Riders have beat teams with winning records The rest of your analysis is your own opinion basically and really based on nothing...and thats your right to have...no qualms with that...but you guys are 1-3 versus teams with a winning record at this point in the year...so again..whats your point?....your season is really just as much in the balance as is Edmonton and Winnipegs...really...not sure how you feel Sask is in the drivers seat by any means....do explain...

1.  I never said we had a superior qb, not once.  Collaros needs to not turn the ball over and see if he can generate 20 points or so, that all we need from him. Of course it won't last, that's the reason I have been wanting Macadoo fired for the last 3 years, and still do. Our offense is improving every week so hopefully that continues.  Nichols stats are not irrelevant, they show how run dependant you guys are. Its called one dimensional, the only time Nichols gets any decent numbers is when he hits a couple long ones to Adams. That makes his number look better on the outside but it doesn't really change anything if a person is paying closer attention to the breakdown of where his passes are thrown.

2.  Collaros getting hurt in Ottawa game wasn't a excuse, it was exactly what happened. We were also in bad shape with injuries in the secondary. Both have changed, that and us being at home is the reason why I like our chances.  As far as backups, no question yours is better. Schreveler looks dam good from what I have seen so far. 

3. Of course its my opinion, what else would I post. I could be totally out to lunch.  Predictions are nothing more than a guess. We aren't necessarily in drivers seat, but don't tell me you wouldn't want to switch schedules with us, have a game in hand, and have the first win in our season series. 

18 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah no doubt...too bad you cant play Montreal all year...oh crap...they beat you....as will T.O most likely as Carter eats your lunch...you barely eeked out a win against them before when they were brutal

Classic riders playing down to the competition that day.  Big coaching mistake by Jones, he let his emotions get in the way of common sense and solid player management.  He was pissy at Bridge for some reason so he pulled him out that game, it cost us the win.   As far as Carter, he is likely the most talented receiver in the league, he has eaten a lot of peoples lunches. But ask Andrew Harris if one player can win a game for a team that is not doing its part to help.  Knox will be the big addition in Toronto, not Carter.  Woods and Knox will shore the run game, a place where Toronto has been bad. 

28 minutes ago, Ripper said:

1.  I never said we had a superior qb, not once.  Collaros needs to not turn the ball over and see if he can generate 20 points or so, that all we need from him. Of course it won't last, that's the reason I have been wanting Macadoo fired for the last 3 years, and still do. Our offense is improving every week so hopefully that continues.  Nichols stats are not irrelevant, they show how run dependant you guys are. Its called one dimensional, the only time Nichols gets any decent numbers is when he hits a couple long ones to Adams. That makes his number look better on the outside but it doesn't really change anything if a person is paying closer attention to the breakdown of where his passes are thrown.

2.  Collaros getting hurt in Ottawa game wasn't a excuse, it was exactly what happened. We were also in bad shape with injuries in the secondary. Both have changed, that and us being at home is the reason why I like our chances.  As far as backups, no question yours is better. Schreveler looks dam good from what I have seen so far. 

3. Of course its my opinion, what else would I post. I could be totally out to lunch.  Predictions are nothing more than a guess. We aren't necessarily in drivers seat, but don't tell me you wouldn't want to switch schedules with us, have a game in hand, and have the first win in our season series. 

YoU said a team can't win games based on mediocre stats....and then on flip you say you guys are basically better based on more or less the same mediocre play, with a QB with a poorer track record recently, and most likely never to be elite agian in any offence...he is one shot away from being down and out again...any team that has a QB who won't turn the ball over and generate 20 or so points has a chance to win. 

Collaros' numbers are inflated with random lucky big shots as well...so really...whats that got to do with anything...take away his one or  two long shots and his numbers are all based off of hitch screens and short out passess...

Injuries happen, and good teams overcome them...so injuries are excuses on both arguments...You also played Harris win Ottawa when he wasn't 100 percent yet either from his knee injury..and their defense had some questions in it...neither is an issue now..so it's no gaurantee of a win. And like you mentioned...you gotta beat teams with a winning record right?..you guys are only 1 for 4 in that regard...so not like you have been beating top teams all year

Schedules are irrelevant to season's end...as all teams play equal games and generally save for a game here and there the same opponents the same amount of times...you had a gravy schedule early in the year and didn't rip it up...so schedule means nothing really

3 hours ago, Booch said:

YoU said a team can't win games based on mediocre stats....and then on flip you say you guys are basically better based on more or less the same mediocre play, with a QB with a poorer track record recently, and most likely never to be elite agian in any offence...he is one shot away from being down and out again...any team that has a QB who won't turn the ball over and generate 20 or so points has a chance to win. 

What's your definition of recently?  Collaros is 4-1-1 this year.  Game was tied against Ottawa when he got hurt, so basically one loss in Edmonton for him.  Nichols has 5 int's in last 3 games, is that recently enough for you.  Its not the 166 passing that is killing you guys, its the 5 picks and 9 sacks that are a bit concerning I would think.  Every qb is one shot away from being done aren't they?  I wouldn't suggest Nichols is very durable either.   In any event, I'm sure we could argue this for days.  Much like myself, I don't see you giving a inch either.  Lets agree to disagree. 

19 minutes ago, Ripper said:

What's your definition of recently?  Collaros is 4-1-1 this year.  Game was tied against Ottawa when he got hurt, so basically one loss in Edmonton for him.  Nichols has 5 int's in last 3 games, is that recently enough for you.  Its not the 166 passing that is killing you guys, its the 5 picks and 9 sacks that are a bit concerning I would think.  Every qb is one shot away from being done aren't they?  I wouldn't suggest Nichols is very durable either.   In any event, I'm sure we could argue this for days.  Much like myself, I don't see you giving a inch either.  Lets agree to disagree. 

basically the last 3 years and up to now...thats a pretty good amount of games and current and past to evaluate from...he hasn't done anything spectacular this year to show he is a top tier guy...as hasn't Nichols since he came back from injury...up until that his numbers speak for themselves...as do the wins considering he played on a team with a leaky sieve defense

QB's with concussion history/issues are more prone to be done from a good shot...sometimes just an innocent shot that wasn't much...ala Collaros already once this year...Nichols I believe is hurt...but has been very durable since he took over in 2015...up until lately

And Collaros' record of 4-1...not sure when you tied a team...but whatever....is nothing to do with him...a team that has scored on average 19 offensive points per game all year...and has passed for 7 td's after 10 games isn't winning because of QB play...if you actually think that..then your just as clueless as most Rider clowns who think everything related to Riders is the best...

And wouldn't Collaro's 5 td's vs 4 Pics...and Bridges 1 TD vs 3 picks  for a total of 6 TD'd vs 7 Picks total for your top 2 QB's be of more concern than Nichols 11 Td's vs 9 Picks and Strev's 8 TD's vs 2 Picks totaling 19 TD's vs 11 picks be more cause for concern as the season progresses?....curious about that

I agree tho...everyone has an opinion and I in no way say Nichols is the answer by any means, that being said you seem to think that Collaros is a reason you guys can consistently win for whatever reason and that makes no sense as he has not been a major reason or factor in any of your wins

3 hours ago, Booch said:

basically the last 3 years and up to now...thats a pretty good amount of games and current and past to evaluate from...he hasn't done anything spectacular this year to show he is a top tier guy...as hasn't Nichols since he came back from injury...up until that his numbers speak for themselves...as do the wins considering he played on a team with a leaky sieve defense

QB's with concussion history/issues are more prone to be done from a good shot...sometimes just an innocent shot that wasn't much...ala Collaros already once this year...Nichols I believe is hurt...but has been very durable since he took over in 2015...up until lately

And Collaros' record of 4-1...not sure when you tied a team...but whatever....is nothing to do with him...a team that has scored on average 19 offensive points per game all year...and has passed for 7 td's after 10 games isn't winning because of QB play...if you actually think that..then your just as clueless as most Rider clowns who think everything related to Riders is the best...

And wouldn't Collaro's 5 td's vs 4 Pics...and Bridges 1 TD vs 3 picks  for a total of 6 TD'd vs 7 Picks total for your top 2 QB's be of more concern than Nichols 11 Td's vs 9 Picks and Strev's 8 TD's vs 2 Picks totaling 19 TD's vs 11 picks be more cause for concern as the season progresses?....curious about that

I agree tho...everyone has an opinion and I in no way say Nichols is the answer by any means, that being said you seem to think that Collaros is a reason you guys can consistently win for whatever reason and that makes no sense as he has not been a major reason or factor in any of your wins

What Collaros is or is not not is moot. The Riders and 4 and 0 in their last four games and the Bombers are not. That is all that counts, right? Should the Bombers lose on Saturday, it will be all hands to panic stations and more than one career will be in jeopardy.

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's clear the reason why the Riders are on this little run, Duron Carter is a ******* cancer and removing him improved the teams fortunes. 

The correlation is, undeniable. From this point on, the example of what a duck wad did to a team. 

Edited by Rod Black

3 hours ago, DougR said:

Isn't it funny how WINNING takes care of a lot of problems for a team? 

Winning is what it is all about. This is another chicken or the egg. Every team has issues and problems over the course of a season. When those factors become significant they contribute to poor results on the field.

27 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Winning is what it is all about. This is another chicken or the egg. Every team has issues and problems over the course of a season. When those factors become significant they contribute to poor results on the field.

Agreed that winning is everything.

I hear you on the chicken and egg situation.  I am hoping the Bombers get some fire under their butts and go into the playoffs (no matter what position - crossover or not) strong.  I would rather have the Bombers NOT go into the playoffs as a weak team than watch them get in and get blown out in the first round.

Either way...GO BOMBERS this weekend!  

On 2018-09-05 at 2:12 PM, Ripper said:

Too bad you can't play Toronto and Hamilton all year

Well played. 

You know you guys are the 2018 itteration of Swaggerville right?

Don't  get too high... that offense will drag you guys down.

Been there done that.

The irony is that the co-founder of swaggerville is in your secondary.

49 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Well played. 

You know you guys are the 2018 itteration of Swaggerville right?

Don't  get too high... that offense will drag you guys down.

Been there done that.

The irony is that the co-founder of swaggerville is in your secondary.

I am not going to brag about anything as it will end up being thrown in my face later. Our defense is getting scary these days and that is exciting.  Offense is still a work in progress. Happy to win a few games, feels good.  Lots of football left to play.  Streveler looks good, has a nice arm. He was rattled in there much like any rookie would be. Time marches on, time for Nichols to sit.  Could hear it in MOS's voice however, Nichols will play.  The biggest problem yesterday was how bad Jefferson was beating Neufeld, Hardick being back will help with that.  Its just one game