Comparison: 2017 Ti-Cats / 2018 Bombers

trueBlue83

1 minute ago, Dragon37 said:

As often as he can. If he holding the ball too long that’s not always on him. That’s a coverage sack and you need to adjust your O. Nichols scrambled a few times in the last game and even ran when he needed to.

5 plays out of 35 dropbacks in a game where he couldn't hit a receiver.  Not enough to make a defense respect it, makes the coverage sacks and throwaways easy.

I agree it's not always on him because the plays need to be designed to get the ball out of his hands quickly, but he also doesn't have a quick release.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

I agree it's not always on him because the plays need to be designed to get the ball out of his hands quickly, but he also doesn't have a quick release.

Its been like winding up a catapult lately... I think he's tentative not wanting to hurt his knee further.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

but he also doesn't have a quick release.

I will disagree on this point. He has done it before but right now they don’t run a lot of quick release type of plays. Especially not short plays that have long play potential depending upon what the receivers can do after. The only quick stuff they do are those brutal screens to to WR.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Yesterday O'Shea said that "the ball is going where it needs to go" and the quarterbacking is not a problem. Hmmm.....

is this in an audio or video clip somewhere!?   I need to hear this!   I hope he's filling in "employed until 2018" on his resume if he actually said that!

30 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

is this in an audio or video clip somewhere!?   I need to hear this!   I hope he's filling in "employed until 2018" on his resume if he actually said that!

Taken a little bit out of context..

In breaking down the film, in their meetings, they determine where the ball should be going in reflection of what they see. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the ball gets there, but more that the right read has been identified.

As to the QB’s ability to get it there..well, that’s a different matter.

I believe that clip was from the Coach’s show, Tuesday, audio vault, CJOB. 7pm

its on the Bomber app, press conference from Wednesday..... where he says Nichols is making the right throws and has been accurate and is grading very well.  That's where I have serious problems with his assessment of good QB play.  To say he doesn't see a drop off in his play from last year is just unfathomable. 

20 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

its on the Bomber app, press conference from Wednesday..... where he says Nichols is making the right throws and has been accurate and is grading very well.  That's where I have serious problems with his assessment of good QB play.  To say he doesn't see a drop off in his play from last year is just unfathomable. 

favre_3-1.jpg

10 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.