New Regime...

Floyd

Nope. 

11 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Top bad Mike Riley signed with that new league (American League?) which begins in February..Maybe if we offered  him head coach and assistant G.M. he would/could come.

Iirc they have a fist full of interesting coaching types. That or its the other league that wont last a year. 

On 2018-09-02 at 8:12 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Haha, he'll be getting 7 figures USD to be an OC in NCAA or NFL for the next 20 years. 

Actually kind of funny all the QB's we dressed in the 07 Grey Cup have already gone on to pretty good coaching careers.  Kingsbury, Dinwiddie is coaching BLM with the Stamps, Zac Taylor is the QB coach for the LA Rams and is actually Mike Sherman's son in-law.

Dinwiddie would probably be top of my list to be our next OC.  Didn't think he was awful calling plays for Montreal, had awful QB's for sure.  Has worked with Dickenson for 3 seasons now, if anything rubs off there we'd be laughing.

I can't see MOS getting fired.  I think both co-ordinators are due for replacement.  3 seasons is a pretty long stretch for coordinators.

Dinwiddie is a pretty interesting idea...

Not sure that Lapo isn't HC with Dinwiddie OC though...

29 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lapo won’t be head coach.  If, HUGE IF, Lapo is head coach no credible CFL OC would come here.

Hence the Dinwiddie connection...

I don't think anyone believes that between Dickenson and BLM that Dinwiddie is actually calling the plays...

Edited by Floyd

Walters the GM and O'Shea the Head Coach came into this thing together 5 years ago. 5 years is a long time.

Walters' job is to bring in the players and he has brought in some good ones, especially Canadian talent, but has it been enough? How does his work compare to that of John Hufnagel, Ed Hervey, Brock Sunderland, Chris Jones, Eric Tillman, Kavis Reed,  Marcel Desjardins, and Jim Popp?

O'Shea's job is to coach and to get the most out of his players. How does his work compare to that of June Jones, Mike Sherman, Rick Campbell, Marc Trestman, Wally Buono, Dave Dickenson, Jason Maas, and Chris Jones?

I'll go first.

I'd put Walters ahead of only Kavis Reed and maybe Ed Hervey, but just barely.

I'd put O'Shea dead last. 

I'm curious how the rest of you see it.

19 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Well...maybe third time's the charm.

Really? What has Lapo done to warrant a head coaching job here again? Isn't it about time we started hiring people at the top of the list instead of the bottom? That would just be change for change's sake.

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

Walters the GM and O'Shea the Head Coach came into this thing together 5 years ago. 5 years is a long time.

Walters' job is to bring in the players and he has brought in some good ones, especially Canadian talent, but has it been enough? How does his work compare to that of John Hufnagel, Ed Hervey, Brock Sunderland, Chris Jones, Eric Tillman, Kavis Reed,  Marcel Desjardins, and Jim Popp?

O'Shea's job is to coach and to get the most out of his players. How does his work compare to that of June Jones, Mike Sherman, Rick Campbell, Marc Trestman, Wally Buono, Dave Dickenson, Jason Maas, and Chris Jones?

I'll go first.

I'd put Walters ahead of only Kavis Reed and maybe Ed Hervey, but just barely.

I'd put O'Shea dead last. 

I'm curious how the rest of you see it.

giphy.gif

I think O'Shea has reached his own level of incompetence.  It's called the Peter Principle. He brought the team up to the level it was at last season & now they're falling back. I believe from what I'veseen that he is absolutely incapable of delivering us a West Division Championship let alone a Grey Cup victory. Another head coach will have to do it. At the end of the season he will have had 5 complete seasons to get things done. If the Bombers continue their tailspin then he doesn't deserve to come back next year. 

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Hey can we at least see what happens the rest of the year before firing EVERYONE!?

I can't wait to rub every negative Nellie, debbie downer and Sally sadsack nose in **** when we win the Grey Cup.

Would love to eat corvine.

3 hours ago, J5V said:

Really? What has Lapo done to warrant a head coaching job here again? Isn't it about time we started hiring people at the top of the list instead of the bottom? That would just be change for change's sake.

Sorry, forgot to use the sarcasm font again.