New Regime...

Floyd

So who would you bring in... if this team loses the Banjo Bowl, there will be blood...

My dream team for 2019:

Tom Clements - HC/GM - if he could develop Aaron Rodgers...  major connections in NFL - will bring in a legit scouting staff

Bob Dyce - Asst HC/ST - promo in $$ and role - Cdn scouting guru

Mark Nelson - DC 

Barrin Simpson - Asst DC/LB

Markus Howell - OC - long-time CFL foot soldier... time for him to step up

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I wouldn't. I'd fire Lapo Hall maybe MOS depending on how things go.. Walters has done fine... We have some talent.. Its just not at the most important position. 

Bring in whoever... Its irrelevant until you have a QB tho. 

The stink from Mack is over... Walters' has to be accountable now.

Streveler is only playing because Durant ditched - otherwise this would be a complete tire fire.

Bowman fiasco, revolving door at DL, no import receivers...

Letting Heath walk in exchange for Gaitor and Clarke...?

Walters could be a great Cdn scout and Asst GM - but he's probably the lowest paid GM in the league... so I guess there's that

Just now, pigseye said:

How about Kliff Kingsbury, former Bomber, about to get canned as HC at Texas Tec (only makes about $4M/year but I'm sure we can afford him). 

Haha, he'll be getting 7 figures USD to be an OC in NCAA or NFL for the next 20 years. 

Actually kind of funny all the QB's we dressed in the 07 Grey Cup have already gone on to pretty good coaching careers.  Kingsbury, Dinwiddie is coaching BLM with the Stamps, Zac Taylor is the QB coach for the LA Rams and is actually Mike Sherman's son in-law.

Dinwiddie would probably be top of my list to be our next OC.  Didn't think he was awful calling plays for Montreal, had awful QB's for sure.  Has worked with Dickenson for 3 seasons now, if anything rubs off there we'd be laughing.

I can't see MOS getting fired.  I think both co-ordinators are due for replacement.  3 seasons is a pretty long stretch for coordinators.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Haha, he'll be getting 7 figures USD to be an OC in NCAA or NFL for the next 20 years. 

Actually kind of funny all the QB's we dressed in the 07 Grey Cup have already gone on to pretty good coaching careers.  Kingsbury, Dinwiddie is coaching BLM with the Stamps, Zac Taylor is the QB coach for the LA Rams and is actually Mike Sherman's son in-law.

Dinwiddie would probably be top of my list to be our next OC.  Didn't think he was awful calling plays for Montreal, had awful QB's for sure.  Has worked with Dickenson for 3 seasons now, if anything rubs off there we'd be laughing.

I can't see MOS getting fired.  I think both co-ordinators are due for replacement.  3 seasons is a pretty long stretch for coordinators.

jj about Kingsbury.

It's pretty impressive actually seeing all the former Bomber qb's going on to coaching careers, Khari too. I can see Nichols coaching when his qb days are done too.

Barker would be a good player personnel guy, lost of connections down south and 4 GC's to prove it. 

14 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Barker would be a good player personnel guy, lost of connections down south and 4 GC's to prove it. 

Drafts very well also. I will say this. he & his staff prepare about as well as Hufnagel does. That 2008 Stamps GC team was all Barker's draft & FA work as Huff was just the coach & Barker started building it in 2005. Overall though, Walters has done a pretty good job drafting for the Bombers as well. He knows Canadian talent that's for sure. I think though if Barker was our GM we'd have found some pretty good receivers by now. Our DL would be stronger as would our secondary. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, pigseye said:

jj about Kingsbury.

It's pretty impressive actually seeing all the former Bomber qb's going on to coaching careers, Khari too. I can see Nichols coaching when his qb days are done too.

Sooooo...you're referring to September 10th?

9 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Dude do you even follow football down there?  Rodgers ain't retiring anytime soon.

I do believe the original post was suggesting Tom Clements because he helped develop Aaron Rodgers.  Not bringing in Aaron Rodgers.