Milt Stegall Right On Today's Pregame Show On MOS

USABomberfan

Yeah in regards to vet salaries sure...in my thought process though I was thinking in general terms through a season in cutting guys before guarantees are locked in. That being said too though if I guy isn't cutting it...and you don't have plans to move forward with him why keep around to save several games worth of salary at the expense of not being able to bring in another body to evaluate...eat your losses and move on...only so many roster spots available to house guys and no point keeping a guy if you have no use..and no future with just because you have to pay him...

Just now, Booch said:

Yeah in regards to vet salaries sure...in my thought process though I was thinking in general terms through a season in cutting guys before guarantees are locked in. That being said too though if I guy isn't cutting it...and you don't have plans to move forward with him why keep around to save several games worth of salary at the expense of not being able to bring in another body to evaluate...eat your losses and move on...only so many roster spots available to house guys and no point keeping a guy if you have no use..and no future with just because you have to pay him...

That is true but the practice  roster expands now whenever the Bombers want it to.

As a for instance, say they released Dressler and then the guy replacing him in the depth chart tears his ACL.  Now what?You can’t even call Dressler back if it’s after the trade deadline because he’s not eligible to play.  If you wanted to bench Dressler why not just stash him on the 1 game IR and put someone else in but keep him in case he ends up being needed since he’s paid anyway?

Just now, pigseye said:

Well, in the past, we could rely on our defence getting turnovers and scoring or short fields for the offence and the special teams usually scored too.

This team isn't getting that extra scoring and the offense isn't good enough to get it on their own. 

Offense has had actually had at least a couple short fields in each of the last 3 losses.  Best they got was a FG on any of those drives and on three of them came away with 0 points starting on the opponent side of the field.

When I think about the past couple seasons the D usually started out super slow and adjusted and the offense picked up the slack late, this year though seems the D is starting better but as the game goes on teams adjust to what they're doing and also adjust to stop the offense entirely. Is this the classic play to not lose Lapo and Hall and they can't handle having a lead? There's only been a couple games this year they haven't had a lead. 

17 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Offense has had actually had at least a couple short fields in each of the last 3 losses.  Best they got was a FG on any of those drives and on three of them came away with 0 points starting on the opponent side of the field.

Last game was a perfect example of a game they would have won last year just on Medlock's leg, this year they're incapable of moving the ball into his range frequently enough to take the easy pts.

23 hours ago, Booch said:

Paging Ryan Lankford here.  Swear to god even when he's not in the lineup he has already contaminated this team.  This is why the heat is cranking up on MOS.

41 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Paging Ryan Lankford here.  Swear to god even when he's not in the lineup he has already contaminated this team.  This is why the heat is cranking up on MOS.

He has probably his best game as a Bomber against the Stamps and gets rewarded by being benched the next game, lol. 

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

He has probably his best game as a Bomber against the Stamps and gets rewarded by being benched the next game, lol. 

One TD and then disappeared for the rest of the game. I guess he figured he was done.