Milt Stegall Right On Today's Pregame Show On MOS

USABomberfan

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Are you 100% confident with Nichols? I was before the season but he has gone off a major cliff.

No but there's nothing saying he can't or wont turn it around.  I'm just saying you don't give up on a proven starter who is far from damaged goods.   

26 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lapo is on thinner ice IMO.

I expect if next week goes anything like every game Nichols has started this season against anyone but the Argos he's going to lose playcalling if not get fired outright.

Thing is, Miller and Walters give MOS authority over coaching assistants, and he definitely won't fire Lapo.

I'm thinking once O'Shea is gone the whole coaching staff exits with him.

17 minutes ago, White Out said:

Well, I'm going to BBQ some potatoes and try and put this loss behind me.

In a sad way I sort of expect to be disappointed by this crap club. The last time I was able to enjoy a Grey Cup I was 10. I'll be 40 in a couple years. ****. When you write it out like that it's really something else. We are cursed. 

Oh this thread? Yeah. MOS is a bad coach, no kidding. I'm willing to guarantee if we make the playoffs we're out 1 and done. 5 years of not a single playoff win and you'll surely find idiots defending this guy.

Looks like you’ve changed your tone. This team has been trash for the better part of the season and it’s funny you couldn’t see that until now.

I would start Streveler at this point and put Nichols in for a change of pace/ so Streveler can see the field a bit if Strev is struggling in a game. To me, we’ll just have more options on offence if Streveler is in there. Pretty much all the sacks Nichols took were coverage sacks, same thing for the throw away passes. If that was Streveler, he likely takes off for a positive gain in those situations. 

4 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Looks like you’ve changed your tone. This team has been trash for the better part of the season and it’s funny you couldn’t see that until now.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've probably posted 3 times before this game at least that I'd be ok with a change at QB and Nichols has had a poor season. I've also been very critical of this team almost all year. I wonder what you're reading to be honest.

12 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Thing is, Miller and Walters give MOS authority over coaching assistants, and he definitely won't fire Lapo.

I wonder if they'd let Nichols call the plays like Kevin Glenn in the second half of 2008.  Usually when that happens it's a pretty good sign that the coaching staff has totally lost control.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm 100% uncomfortable with Nichols as our QB if it doesn't turn around for the rest of the season to the point where they miss the playoffs.  That basically means they can't win 2 more games in half a season.

Whether it's Streveler or someone else the change needs to be made at that point.  I'd assume if this skid continues through this month it'll happen even sooner.

This, hell my post just said I'd consider trading Nichols assuming that O'Shea and company are fired, because itd be pretty likely if that happened that his performance keeps going down.

Besides, get a brand new outsider HC here and you don't even know if he'd favor Nichols.  He could end up favoring Streveler.

I've backed O'Shea before as well as Nichols, but their windows could be closing shut quick here.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wonder if they'd let Nichols call the plays like Kevin Glenn in the second half of 2008.  Usually when that happens it's a pretty good sign that the coaching staff has totally lost control.

O'Shea will never agree to it.  He'd never throw Lapo under the bus.  if he did there'd be a few of us who'd be willing to drive that bus.

It's interesting how the game has changed. There isn't a QB in the CFL or in the NFL for that matter that still call their own plays.  It's just not done anymore. 

22 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Are you 100% confident with Nichols? I was before the season but he has gone off a major cliff.

Remember the despair when Nichols injured himself pre season? 

The decision to "cap" Streveler's playing time is looking kind of ill advised at this point.

Maybe  one of MIke's poorer decisions. It would be a hell of a lot easier to put Streveler in, if he had some game time.

But, I predict this change will end up being a no brainer if the O struggles next game.

Edited by Mark F

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well if that led to more no huddle plus more play action (the only plays working right now), I'd be all for it.

12 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

O'Shea will never agree to it.  He'd never throw Lapo under the bus.  if he did there'd be a few of us who'd be willing to drive that bus.

It's interesting how the game has changed. There isn't a QB in the CFL or in the NFL for that matter that still call their own plays.  It's just not done anymore. 

It's basically a video game at that level with the tablets.  Players just need to be robots.

14 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Remember the despair when Nichols injured himself pre season? 

The decision to "cap" Streveler's playing time is looking kind of ill advised at this point.

Maybe  one of MIke's poorer decisions. It would be a hell of a lot easier to put Streveler in, if he had some game time.

But, I predict this change will end up being a no brainer if the O struggles next game.

If Nichols is unable to move the ball at critical times in the Banjo Bowl, O'Shea will have no choice but to pull him to protect his crumbling confidence.  If he lays an egg the crowd is primed to crucify him on the spot which could rattle the entire team and send this season into a death spiral.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I guess we can put the "LaPo Is The Next Head Coach In Waiting" on hold. 

That would be the absolute worst thing they could do. Is the problem MOS, LAPO, and Hall or is it Walters and the players he has provided them with? Can you imagine how bad this D would be without Bighill? I found it bizarre that MOS was gushing over Hurl today. How much does it hurt to lose to a D with Hurl? Yikes.

56 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I’ll ascribe to this theory of holding each coach, each GM, each player responsible and each onfield participant for their performance. To achieve a true view of their performance, they need the authority to act on opportunities, and sometimes those opportunities result in atrocious failures. 

Edited by Rod Black

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

That would be the absolute worst thing they could do. Is the problem MOS, LAPO, and Hall or is it Walters and the players he has provided them with? Can you imagine how bad this D would be without Bighill? I found it bizarre that MOS was gushing over Hurl today. How much does it hurt to lose to a D with Hurl? Yikes.

I actually think the coaches are getting the most out of what they have to work with. This roster is not very deep. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

We got rid of Kenny Ploen.  Bring him back, he won games and has tons of experience!

Gotta judge it more on what the players offer.  Sure experience counts, but when it's a struggle to hit 200 yards passing week to week there's some big problems.

Hell we ran for more than we passed for, should be easy to hit some passes with that running game and all the attention it takes from the D.

Streveler comes in for two plays last week and hits Lankford for a long major with an absolutely beautiful pass.

Streveler comes in today and hits Adams for a major with a difficult but absolutely beautiful pass.

The kid just makes plays. I seriously doubt we win another game this year with Nichols. Give the kid a chance.

5 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I actually think the coaches are getting the most out of what they have to work with. This roster is not very deep. 

Disagree, except for maybe the OL which clearly missed some blocking assignments on a few series I saw.

I still say Hall and even now potentially Lapo are wasting talent or not scheming to use it right.

MOS also was foolish to stick Demski on Kick return duties.

Edited by USABomberfan

Just now, J5V said:

Streveler comes in for two plays last week and hits Lankford for a long major with an absolutely beautiful pass.

Streveler comes in today and hits Adams for a major with a difficult but absolutely beautiful pass.

The kid just makes plays. I seriously doubt we win another game this year with Nichols. Give the kid a chance.

No kidding.  And when you stall out for a whole half how do you not run him out there for a series or even a few plays, keep him in for a play or two in no huddle after he runs a sneak?

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Amen.

1 hour ago, White Out said:

Well, I'm going to BBQ some potatoes and try and put this loss behind me.

In a sad way I sort of expect to be disappointed by this crap club. The last time I was able to enjoy a Grey Cup I was 10. I'll be 40 in a couple years. ****. When you write it out like that it's really something else. We are cursed. 

Oh this thread? Yeah. MOS is a bad coach, no kidding. I'm willing to guarantee if we make the playoffs we're out 1 and done. 5 years of not a single playoff win and you'll surely find idiots defending this guy.

In a 9 team league, if every team had the same committment to winning, you'd think the odds are that you'd win the Cup at least once every 9 years. We're past 3 times that long and don't seem any closer.