Matt Nichols is the worst starting QB in the CFL

blueandgoldguy

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎02 at 8:06 PM, J5V said:

He saw a confused and scrambling Sask D and thought he could catch them unprepared and hoped for a miracle. A quick-hitter over the middle to his new inside receiver might have been a better idea than a 30 yard lob to the sideline though.

Almost fell to my knees puking at that point.

I shut the tv off 

Pretty depressing actually reading through this thread. Couple of things come to mind:

If it's working, why change it?? First half we roll the pocket and run the ball hard. And we move the ball. Why would we change ??

I completely agree we need to see more of Streveler. Keep him in after he does the second or third down sneak, and change the look of the offence. Hmmm, I just said why would we change things. I'm not advocating for a full qb change, just a different look for a series and then back to Nicholls.

Personally we should've killed Regina, they scored 14 points off of 2 plays that simply shouldn't happen. This week in our barn I think we kick their ass. 

On 2018-09-03 at 12:31 PM, Eternal optimist said:

If there is a single Bombers' coach that is tonedeaf to the ire and vocal disapproval of fans - it is Mike O'Shea.

Agreed, and it will take a really desperate situation for O'Shea to consider replacing Nichols and even then, it will probably be for a couple of plays. Lets face it. O'Shea has bound his fate to both Hall and Nichols and they will all succeed or fall together.

I think any coach who bends to the wishes of the fans, like us, is not a good coach. With that said any coach who cannot see that their offense has stalled, continues to stall in the second half of what the last 3 games, and does absolutely nothing about it other than try to justify it through stats, also is not a good coach. So either way you look at it MOS is not really a good coach and frankly doubt he will ever bring a Grey Cup to Winnipeg.

24 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

I think any coach who bends to the wishes of the fans, like us, is not a good coach. With that said any coach who cannot see that their offense has stalled, continues to stall in the second half of what the last 3 games, and does absolutely nothing about it other than try to justify it through stats, also is not a good coach. So either way you look at it MOS is not really a good coach and frankly doubt he will ever bring a Grey Cup to Winnipeg.

Sorry but this makes no sense. I would describe O'Shea as an incomplete coach. Good in some respects, lousy in others. A Grey Cup could still come with some good fortune. 

6 hours ago, J5V said:

Sorry but this makes no sense. I would describe O'Shea as an incomplete coach. Good in some respects, lousy in others. A Grey Cup could still come with some good fortune. 

O'Shea is a great coach when they're winning, frustrating when they're losing, first thing he needs to do is get his momentum detector fixed.