Winnipeg 5-5 @ Regina 5-4 Game Day

Mr Dee

Just now, rebusrankin said:

This is one of those times when I ask myself, why do I keep supporting this team and putting up with this? Year 19 of Season Tickets, attended at least half of the home games very season since about 96. Been going to games since 88. Frustration thy name is Blue Bombers.

[sarcasm]

Hey man, didn't you read earlier? The past doesn't matter. 

as Much as I’m a bomber fan I don’t think the better team lost today. A team consists of the players and coaches and unfortunately I have to say jones is by far a better coach than O’Shea and their coordinators are slightly better than ours. Player wise I think we have have an edge other than that I think the better team won

Matt Nichols is done. Sit him down on the bench.

If this team trots him out for the Banjo Bowl, they should all be ashamed.

Defense played pretty well. 14 of those points against were from Nichols and the special teams. Not their fault Nichols is having less success than Antonio Freaking Pipkin. 

Just now, BBRT said:

I agree 100%. I actually morbidly want them to lose next week - only then can the Bombers at least understand they need to make changes. Doubt they will but we can hope! 

Agree with this 100%

I believe that they will lose next week, and they will lose much more decisively than this game.

This game should also have been out of reach decisively in the 4th but the Sask coach took pity on them in the last few minutes.

Bombers are a crap team because Walters is a crap GM.

Let's force some change from the top down by really going into the tank now.

Need to do bad enough for the rest of this season so that we do not have to endure Walters again next year.

Thinking that if they did not win another game this year it would be best in the long run. That is actually quite doable at this point.

2 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I think the better team lost today.  However Nichols should consider his job on the line.

He's definitely not pulling the trigger like he was last year.  Sucks cuz that was what had me liking him over Willy was his faster decisiveness and getting rid of the ball quicker.  He definitely has started hesitating a lot more and appears to be not trusting what he's seeing.

Personally though, this teams non-aggressive mentality should be blamed on the whole coaching staff.  If Mike O'Shea repeats 2014 or 2015 in any manner of this season, get a new HC and entire new staff.

7 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

I think the better team lost today.  However Nichols should consider his job on the line.

The bombers have lost 3 in a row. The riders have won 3 in a row. The riders scored TDs in all aspects of the game. Pull your head out of the sand. Our team is not better. Our team has a better running game. End of story.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Once we stopped pressuring Collaros the game changed.  No idea what hall is doing as DC. Nichols has to play better but so do his receivers. 

All of their big plays aside from the Thigpen TD came on max protection with both Bighill and JSK blitzing.

2 and outs start, whole team craters.  D played fine when we had a reasonable offense.  More worried about figuring out how to make that offense consistent.  Shouldn't be impossible.  Just over 100 yards in offense in the 2nd half.  Can't expect the D to hold a 3 point lead for an entire half with basically no run support.

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

This is one of those times when I ask myself, why do I keep supporting this team and putting up with this? Year 19 of Season Tickets, attended at least half of the home games very season since about 96. Been going to games since 88. Frustration thy name is Blue Bombers.

They just keep finding ways to disappoint.

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ok but at some point the QB needs to make plays. Its not like he was running for his life. A lot of those sacks he had atleast 3-4 mississippi's. This is the CFL, the ball needs to be out!

This is exactly the same thing that happened to Drew Willy and all the other QB's the Bombers have that do not have good mobility and do not have any dangerous receivers.

Bombers have a receiving corps that is entirely comprised of possession receivers and that is because Walters is really goofy. Not finding anyone open when all the entire team does is run 3 yard curls.

He has crippled the Bombers long term with his very goofy drafting practices and lack of ability to scout quality US talent.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Once we stopped pressuring Collaros the game changed.  No idea what hall is doing as DC. Nichols has to play better but so do his receivers. 

The receivers need to learn to jump higher for when Matty throws to high....and the receivers need to learn how to catch it when matt throws it into the turf in front of them...... pretty tall order to ask don't ya think