First Scouting Bureau Rankings for the 2019 CFL Draft

rebusrankin

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Top ranked prospect Johnathan Kongbo torn his ACL this weekend was a starting DT with the Tennessee Vols

If memory serves, he was very good. If recovered 100% or close, he would be worth a higher draft pick. Jake the Snake ain't gonna be around forever.

Seeing as we have 2 firsts..I'd take him with one if he still there after we take the best player available regardless of position with our first one..feel we are in a position to do so...even more so if we sign chungh and Goosen..which I doubt even get to free agency.

46 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd look for a dlineman or linebacker/db

We have too many canadians now even with depth

Neufeld..Gray..CHinhg..Goosen..Spooner..Speller ..Couture..and that big French kid who went back to school..

When someone's ready to complain after a 31-0 win, I just want everyone to think of this line.... and remember the Mack years....

36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

When someone's ready to complain after a 31-0 win, I just want everyone to think of this line.... and remember the Mack years....

I think that when talking about O linemen specifically,  you do have  a max number that you can effectively roster.  Depending on who we re-sign before the draft, looking at yet more Oline guys might not be a good plan.

23 minutes ago, MC said:

Can never have too many quality Canadian offensive linemen.  We still start two imports on the line.  If nothing else, they can be traded for pretty much anything short of a franchise QB.

Actually, if you have a glut of O linemen and everybody knows it, they'll also know that you can't keep them all forever.  Kinda reduces their value.

We have a glut right now..say we resign them all..Thats Neuf..Chungh..Goosen..Gray..Spooner..Speller..Couture..French dude.(thats 8)..we start 3..have one on roster as a 6th..and you prob want 2 on PR/IR 

So of that 8 we technically need 6 readily available...drafting another 1 or 2 again would be a waste and very redundant as we have 2 extra as it is where really we have no room to stash and hold basically no trade value as they are not gonna start anywhere and if a team really wants one..they know we would be cutting a couple anyway.

We can go a year..possibly 2 without drafting a o-lineman and should be focusing on defense guys if you ask me...load up on d-line/lb types...that or more depth, or guys that can push our national receivers...thats the smart move in immediate future

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

We can go a year..possibly 2 without drafting a o-lineman and should be focusing on defense guys if you ask me...load up on d-line/lb types...that or more depth, or guys that can push our national receivers...thats the smart move in immediate future

I agree totally with one condition that...(and I know the draft can be a crap shoot), we do a better job of measuring talent....The Ekakitie pic comes to mind and the passing on guys like Kwatu Boateng were a fail on our part...We've done relatively well with the O Line and receiver pics, but we need to up our game with regard to the D Line guys

I think you have to aim for skill players in this draft and I think you need to look towards the idea of making a move on a future guy (a la Geoff Gray) with one of those firsts. This draft, from what I've heard, is pretty loaded.

I'd look to take a linebacker or d-lineman, and a receiver. Maybe a safety if there is one, since I think Loffler may be a question mark going forward for us. Then again, I'd love to see us transition to an American safety if he leaves. 

Dejon Brissett seems like the kind of guy O'Shea and Walters would be all over ... can play all over the field, on offence and special teams, honour roll student at Richmond ... big bodied receiver.

Maybe you grab a guy like that or Oliviera with the BC pick and aim for a guy like Kongbo with our pick later on.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I think you have to aim for skill players in this draft and I think you need to look towards the idea of making a move on a future guy (a la Geoff Gray) with one of those firsts. This draft, from what I've heard, is pretty loaded.

I'd look to take a linebacker or d-lineman, and a receiver. Maybe a safety if there is one, since I think Loffler may be a question mark going forward for us. Then again, I'd love to see us transition to an American safety if he leaves. 

Dejon Brissett seems like the kind of guy O'Shea and Walters would be all over ... can play all over the field, on offence and special teams, honour roll student at Richmond ... big bodied receiver.

Maybe you grab a guy like that or Oliviera with the BC pick and aim for a guy like Kongbo with our pick later on.

But could Brissett cut the mustard?

Apparently Brissett will be in the 2020 draft.  Applying for a medical redshirt.

In my opinion you don’t draft for position, you draft guys that can play and build depth.  Then you figure out your 7 from a position of strength and have flexibility.  Ideally you have a Canadian or two who can play every position that counts, obviously not looking for QBs.

On 2018-10-18 at 1:44 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Apparently Brissett will be in the 2020 draft.  Applying for a medical redshirt.

In my opinion you don’t draft for position, you draft guys that can play and build depth.  Then you figure out your 7 from a position of strength and have flexibility.  Ideally you have a Canadian or two who can play every position that counts, obviously not looking for QBs.

And - we may be able to start a Canadian OT in the future.