Practise Observations Aug 30, 2018

On Offence
- O line same as last week with Foketi at RT
- Simonise got Adams' reps;
- LaFrance got Harris' reps;
- Washington got all reps with 1st team...Lankford didn't get any with first team while I was there....leads me to believe that if either Adams or Dressler can't go...Washington draws in with Lankford off the game day roster;
- My sense is that Adam's will be good to go...while Simonise took Adams' scrimmage reps...they didn't have him taking part in 1st team offence drills while punt team was scrimmaging...he and the other reserve receivers were tending to their scout team duties on punt coverage...
- Dressler's participation in practise was similar to the past two weeks...helping out LaPo with drills...not sure he draws in...
- Nichols threw a bad pick to Priester (playing the scout team)
- Streveler moved the ball well against 1st team D hitting a home run deep shot to Lankford over Fogg...

On D
- Bryant got 1 team reps at tackle
- D Line was Roh, Bryant, Nevis, Okpalaugo (Thomas rotating in...didn't see Poop Johnson rotating in)
- Secondary was the same as last week
- Fenner in at SAM for Leggett
- Gaitor came in on some packages as extra DB...didn't see Cooper coming on as extra DB
- Randle subbed himself out intermittently with Priester coming on...doesn't look serious

Based on how they practised today, it appears as one lineup change will be Washington on for Lankford (Dressler was on the game day roster last week); another will be Jeffcoat coming off...not sure who comes on in place of Jeffcoat...maybe Gaitor

Fenner and Wild were on punt team...leading me to believe they'll continue to be on the roster as DI's...not sure if an extra DB like Gaitor will come on...if so...the other DI will likely be a choice between Poop Johnson and the extra DB.  

Based on the way they practised...it doesn't look like they're too concerned that Leggett won't be ready to go...I based this on the fact they kept Fenner on punt team...not likely that they would have him on punt and kick team and starting SAM...

They still have one full practise day left...plenty of time to change up D and ST if Legget can't go

FWIW...the team looked very loose...not especially as sharp as I've seen them in past practises...but that's a subjective opinion...others who attended may feel differently

Edited by Slingin Sammy
missed a sentence

35 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Would this info be useful to the riders in any way ?

We talk about practice all the time.  No mentioning trick plays or anything like that.  If a guy may have got hurt in practice or a little dinged up you don't want to mention that.  If you are playing the Riders its ok to mention those other things, lol

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We talk about practice all the time.  No mentioning trick plays or anything like that.  If a guy may have got hurt in practice or a little dinged up you don't want to mention that.  If you are playing the Riders its ok to mention those other things, lol

Heard Bennett is taking all the 1st team snaps.

Too bad about Bighill's injury. Probably won't play. 

I like the new fake punt they're working on. Medlock has a good enough arm to pull it off. 

If Bryant's knee injury doesn't heal, I wonder who they will start at LT? 

I like all the play action stuff with Harris. I bet the Riders fall for it every time and try to prevent the run. 

13 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Thanks for the normal response, and you are a rider fan correct.  These fan forums are sure confusing to understand at times,  a fellow bomber fan tells me to shut up, then a rider fan responds like an adult.  You think I would be better off at the riders forum ripper ?

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

Heard Bennett is taking all the 1st team snaps.

Too bad about Bighill's injury. Probably won't play. 

I like the new fake punt they're working on. Medlock has a good enough arm to pull it off. 

If Bryant's knee injury doesn't heal, I wonder who they will start at LT? 

I like all the play action stuff with Harris. I bet the Riders fall for it every time and try to prevent the run. 

Yup. I don't even know why SK would bother to put a returner back for punts at all...the Bombers, for what I saw, will fake the punt all game. Medlock had a cannon of an arm...been throwing it from his knees 60 yards all week (Brock was flown in secretly from Alabama to teach him).

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Thanks for the normal response, and you are a rider fan correct.  These fan forums are sure confusing to understand at times,  a fellow bomber fan tells me to shut up, then a rider fan responds like an adult.  You think I would be better off at the riders forum ripper ?

Promise? 

4 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Ahhh...so they would all ready have their spies in place, got it.  And hey, no need for being so rude it was just a question. 

I agree with you.

It seems you have become the go to poster for being on the receiving end of put downs. Not sure why. But it happens. Started with one person, now spreading.

If you were rude to other posters, I could see it, but you are not as far as I know. If not knowing much is the reason, I guess I should stop posting.

If it's a perception of being negative (don't see it myself) there's no shortage of that around here. 

There's been some school yard bully boy stuff in the past, seems to be back. not for long I hope.

Hang in.

Edited by Mark F
spelling error

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

The first time I heard nichols yell "Big Chris Big Chris" I thought it was great.  It kinda gets you excited for what is going to happen next.

Yeah. “Kinda” huh. Have you thought up a cool tingly goosebumpy kinda nickname for “Big Chris” yet? 

5 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/26tnjjQQRqPbwDxdK/giphy.gif

Edited by WBBFanWest

15 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Yup. I don't even know why SK would bother to put a returner back for punts at all...the Bombers, for what I saw, will fake the punt all game. Medlock had a cannon of an arm...been throwing it from his knees 60 yards all week (Brock was flown in secretly from Alabama to teach him).

We have been working on a trick play with Gainer in on short yardage.  They tuck the ball into one of Gainers fat rolls and no one knows where it is. It the hide and go seek play