Who is the incumbent DC?

trueBlue83

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

I had a friend I took a physics course with. after an exam, I told him I thought it was really tough test. He proclaimed that he aced it. 

I ended up getting something like 51, he got,  I kid you not, 11 out of 100. One of the funniest things ever, his face, looking at the results.

😂

If he's a bomber fan, he probably figures we're on the cusp of greatness lol.

( also,is 42 % in maths bad?)

In university, there was a guy that I took Biology 1 with, he thought the final would be easy because it was 100% multiple choice. To discourage guessing, the scoring system penalized you with a -1 for an incorrect guess. Only guy I've ever known to end up with a negative % on his exam (-3%).

4 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

This is like saying you improved on a math test by getting 42% instead of 33%.

You know that if the offense had put some drives together than the yardage woulda looked a hell of a lot better for the D these last few weeks. I felt especially against Calgary they were doing OK considering they're always going to be a bend but don't break D with this coaching staff, but when your offense keeps giving the ball back eventually the yardage will add up. 

28 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

When your offense keeps giving the ball back eventually the yardage will add up.

So obviously Nichols didn't have a particularly stellar game against Calgary. That said, how bad was it? After the Stamps went up 32-18, this is what Nichols did in garbage time:

1st & 10 on WPG 19: 7 yard pass
2nd & 3 on WPG 26: 14 yard pass
*** Pick 6 ***
1st & 10 on WPG 39: 11 yard pass
1st & 10 on WPG 50: 30 yard pass
1st & 10 on CGY 30: Incomplete pass
2nd & 10 on CGY 30: 4 yard pass
1st & 10 on CGY 13: Incomplete pass
2nd & 10 on CGY 13: 8 yard pass
1st & 3 on CGY 3: 3 yard TD to Adams

So in total - 77 yards in the final 100ish seconds of trash time. His game total was 258 yards - 1 TD - 2 INTs... take garbage time away, and his already pedestrian stats slink down to 181 yards - 0 TDs - 1 INT. If that doesn't paint an ugly picture, I don't know what does.

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Bombers had 58 yards on offense in the 2nd half. 

This is why I found it so funny a few weeks ago when Matt said "I don't really worry about the numbers".  That's a guy in denial, in hopes you don't start digging too deep into his numbers.

11 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

This is why I found it so funny a few weeks ago when Matt said "I don't really worry about the numbers".  That's a guy in denial, in hopes you don't start digging too deep into his numbers.

Matty is in denial, last post game all he could remember were the positives, he thought they were moving the ball well.  To be fair he has not been getting the kind of protection he needs to be successful lately.

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

To be fair he has not been getting the kind of protection he needs to be successful lately.

I would disagree... I thought he's had lots of time.  But when he stands still, and the pocket starts collapsing around him, he's gotta be able to move.  If he can't, or isn't seeing the collapse around him, come on, that's a huge red flag for what he's seeing out there.

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Matty is in denial, last post game all he could remember were the positives, he thought they were moving the ball well.  To be fair he has not been getting the kind of protection he needs to be successful lately.

I disagree. I think they've been providing him a ton of time back there. Going from my foggy memory, each time he was sacked, it seemed as though he was holding the ball wayyy too long. 

I don't think the oline has done a great job of creating holes for Harris latey but I suspect that most teams are protecting against the run first these days. 

I agree with 17to85. Good QBs can recognize a blitz prior to the snap of the ball and can either check off prior to with another play or pass that info to his offense. Nichols doesn't seem to be able to do that. Screen or check down passes to someone out of the backfield will work but are seldom used. He seems to stand in waiting for something and his 4 secs become 3 or less. There doesn't seem to be any adjustment. Wonder what a 2 back backfield would do to offset the blitz. Seemed to work last year? 

4 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Big Chris seems to be able to escape and make a play last longer, he even appears to keep looking down the field while escaping and is still checking all his options before picking one.

Streveler and bennett are un real athletes for qbs. Both would be good to very good athletes at WR. Streveler as a mobile passer is a pretty rare thing. Focused on limiting turn overs, smooth going run to pass and back. Doesnt get too caught up in one success. Takes what the defense gives him. The kid is special and has a very bright future in football.