The Collapse

Floyd

Re-watching the second half...   if Darvin Adams squeezes that pass its a different game 

Bombers are still matching up with Calgary really well - five mins left in the third...

Nichols avoids a sack and then gets hit as he's throwing...  this one and the next our OL - especially Foketi - gets slapped around...

Calgary pinned deep

Then its the huge play to Jordan - Leggett beat - then the TD to Michel - Randle beat...  but there is NO safety help over the top - Loffler playing as a glorified LB again...

Winnipeg responds with a decent drive - but Calgary D playing really well...  probably should have called a late hit on Junior Turner...

Calgary pinned deep...  

then big play by Michel - DBs with a TWENTY YARD CUSHION... wtf 

Bombers actually stop the Stamps but refs give them a ridiculously favourable spot...  Leggett with a huge knockdown - but its a 12 play drive - D on the field for a long time

Twist on Foketi and Chungh...  Nichols sacked...  Collapse ensues.

BLM to Jorden in QUADRUPLE COVERAGE... I didn't even know that existed...

Michel drops a TD - Alexander in chase... no safety help

Winnipeg OL getting destroyed...

2:30 left and Bombers are still in it...  offence is moving - Thompkins needs to make a hard cut and move upfield not just step out

Foketi DESTROYS our shot at a TD

Osh calls a squib kick instead of onside - stupid gimmick plays again...

Fenner in for Leggett - he can't jam Jorden...  Loffler overruns the play...  game over.

BRAIN DEAD pass by Nichols...  he had guys open - NO HUDDLE IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE...

Edited by Floyd

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

... which pass from Nichols to Darvin are you calling a perfect throw, the one he shorted into double coverage that Darvin had beat clean?

Well yes...  maybe perfect is too strong but it was a good pass - just over defenders and right in Darvin's hands... obviously over the shoulder would have been better but its still at absolutely catchable ball

I'm not being an apologist for Nichols - but I'm not going to lay the whole game on him...

Edit:  Watched it again...  yeah its not a perfect pass - Stamp got his hand in there...  can't totally blame Adams

Edited by Floyd

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

but its still at absolutely catchable ball

That’s my take on it also.

Fans have seen catches, much harder than that, being made by receivers in this league. We need our best, to be the best, at least on our team. 

Nothing against Adams, but damn, that catch could have changed the game..

That’s 100% one of those catches that looks way easier than it is to actually make. He had two guys beat and now all of a sudden, the throw is short and he’s essentially boxed out by two cover guys and has turned into a defender and people are saying it’s more on Adams. Kinda gets me confused to say the least.

Adams did his job on that play, he got wide f’n open for a free TD if the ball is on the mark. Nichols didn’t deliver.

No one is disputing the ball was under thrown at the worst possible time. Yes, there were two defenders closing, but Adams knew the ball was coming and even though it got through somehow, he got his hands on it. He’s got to squeeze it. But don’t try to push aside the fact that many receivers are put in that position on jump balls and well-positioned defenders..and they make the catch. That’s what I’m talking about. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

No one is disputing the ball was under thrown at the worst possible time. Yes, there were two defenders closing, but Adams knew the ball was coming and even though it got through somehow, he got his hands on it. He’s got to squeeze it. But don’t try to push aside the fact that many receivers are put in that position on jump balls and well-positioned defenders..and they make the catch. That’s what I’m talking about. 

That ball wasn't in a position where Adams had any reasonable chance to catch it.  You're confusing contested catches where the ball is put into a spot where a receiver can gain body position and win the ball.  I've never seen a receiver catch a ball like that one, stop dead and fight through two defenders moving toward the ball.

Adams has made a ton of brutal drops this season.  That wasn't one of them.

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

Moe Leggett’s worst game as a Bomber. 

And he knows it..

Dickenson/BLM ALWAYS abuse the flats against Richie Hall and its always Leggett that falls on his sword...

There was ZERO safety help over the top - Loffler

Look at the one play that Fenner was in at SAM...  68 yards...

Hall just has no answer.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That ball wasn't in a position where Adams had any reasonable chance to catch it.  You're confusing contested catches where the ball is put into a spot where a receiver can gain body position and win the ball.  I've never seen a receiver catch a ball like that one, stop dead and fight through two defenders moving toward the ball.

I do disagree. There have been catches made that have been as unreasonable as that. Don’t get me wrong, that wasn’t a catch made on easy street, but still catchable IMO. It would have been exceptional, but like I said before, exceptional is what you need from your top receiver..

And nobody said it was a brutal drop..

34 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

That’s my take on it also.

Fans have seen catches, much harder than that, being made by receivers in this league. We need our best, to be the best, at least on our team. 

Nothing against Adams, but damn, that catch could have changed the game..

Repeatedly over the past few games we are seeing receivers making great catches, and the quarterbacks brimming with confidence that are throwing these balls. I'm thinking our O isn't playing with a ton of confidence right now. 

20 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Isn't the QB supposed to throw the receiver open? 

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I tried to watch Leggett closely last game, and he looked like he has lost a step- just a tad late in his tackling and coverage.

A blown out achilles will do that to ya.

2 hours ago, J5V said:

A blown out Achilles will do that to ya.

Yes, but is this as good as he is going to be? Leggett is a good guy but if he cannot get it done, that is that. I was under the impression that Fenner was brought in if that was the eventuality but he doesn't seem to have won a job.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Yes, but is this as good as he is going to be? Leggett is a good guy but if he cannot get it done, that is that. I was under the impression that Fenner was brought in if that was the eventuality but he doesn't seem to have won a job.

You've got to get the idea, that the best players play on this team, out of your head. Then things will make sense. Seriously though, Leggett is a good guy and OSH won't replace him. That's not the way that Mike rolls, y'know.

49 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Leggett isn't a DB, let alone should be drawing the top matchup.  We need DB help fast from down south

wasn't he our safety his first season here?

*edit* and top d player nominee as safety 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/blue-bombers-sign-safety-maurice-leggett-to-contract-extension-1.2864329

Edited by brett_c_b

Just now, brett_c_b said:

wasn't he our safety his first season here?

Possibly?  Not positive.  But a safety doesn't have to match speed with a receiver from up near the line.  Moe is a good player, but he's not being utilized properly trying to chase down players much faster than him.