LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

2 hours ago, blitzmore said:

O'Shea keeps saying that Nichols continues to grade well, and describes all the things he did last year...getting rid of the ball fast, making good decisions etc. What a joke! If that is the result of

their grading system they need a new one. If they keep grading Fogg well enough to stay on the field despite his poor play lately, can't tackle worth shi*T...again they are in need of a new

system!

Lapo was asked point blank about tossing Streveler in for a series when Nichols struggles.  His response “we don’t do that.”  They also don’t beat teams over .500, so maybe time to rethink what we are doing.

7 hours ago, Booch said:

Not necessary...this is also a good way to pull more of the linebackers and the D-lineman they drop off closer to the line...into the box and freeing up space more in the mid to intermediate zones eliminating the congested zone coverages the Riders like to run.

Probably if anything give us some more 1 on 1 match-ups with Adams..Thompkins and Woli to be honest..

Too bad Nichols can't hit anything that deep.

14 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

he doesn't even seem to have enough zip on the ball to get the intermediate routes into tight spots.... that's a big part of the problem with his game right now.

Simply not true. He can zip it in there when he has to. He’s fired it into tight spots before. It’s the consistency we’re looking for.

17 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

again, if we're referencing last year.... irrelevant right now.

Again, not true. You’re just not giving credit where credit is due. Nichols has had good games. He’s had good throws in every game.to go along with the bad. That’s where the ‘consistency’ comes in.

Edited by Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Again, not true. You’re just not giving credit where credit is due. Nichols has had good games. That’s where the ‘consistency’ comes in.

He hasn't had 1 good game this year. Im sorry i enjoy you @MrDee but.... Nichols has been awful this season. 

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Again, not true. You’re just not giving credit where credit is due. Nichols has had good games. He’s had good throws in every game.to go along with the bad. That’s where the ‘consistency’ comes in.

I've been paying very close attention to his play, because I've been critical of him since mid-last season.... 2 "good" throws a game don't make a good quarterback.  He's hit some throws on busted coverages... any QB will do that if they're in the game long enough.   He's won games, sure... but it's not like he was carrying the team on his back.  He was adequate in his first game back, and been poor ever since.

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He hasn't had 1 good game this year. Im sorry i enjoy you @MrDee but.... Nichols has been awful this season. 

If you look closely, he has won some games for us, and in those games, he has thrown some pretty good balls. Now lately, it’s been a different story. He’s been very...ordinary, and we’ve been losing. That’s the easy part to see. We forget that he has put some good drives together, at least in the beginning of games. 

What’s that word again? Oh yeah, consistency. 

I’m in the corner of pulling him for a series when necessary, not dumping him on the sidelines.

2 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I've been paying very close attention to his play, because I've been critical of him since mid-last season.... 2 "good" throws a game don't make a good quarterback.  He's hit some throws on busted coverages... any QB will do that if they're in the game long enough.   He's won games, sure... but it's not like he was carrying the team on his back.  He was adequate in his first game back, and been poor ever since.

Sure, sure, two throws a game, on busted coverage. Have it your way, you’ve been paying close attention.

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Sure, sure, two throws a game, on busted coverage. Have it your way, you’ve been paying close attention.

Other than the deep ball to Darvin Adams in the Ottawa game 3 weeks ago (and go back and look at the highlights, the DB tripped),  please, I beg you, tell us what great throws Nichols has made the last while!

I cant be a hypocrite here. I was calling for Willy's head and the lack of patience here is understandable. Only a championship will solve it. Even then people like me won't just magically forget the last 28 years... So there's that. 

I just hope we can have a solid game tomorrow. Being swept in ldc bb series is the last thing we need for our mental health. 

Sask game alone: 3 minutes looking

Completed Pass to K. THOMPKINS, 31 yards TD

Completed Pass to N. DEMSKI, 16 yds

Completed Pass to D. ADAMS, caught at S48 (18 yds) before the LaFrance fumble.

These were all good throws

You wouldn’t have to look hard to find other examples. To deny he has made some good throws to support your theories doesn’t back up the facts.

Look nobody's denying Nichols has to step up his game, but in the completions he has made, some of them are pretty good.

I should have mentioned, I was down in the states last weekend and didn't get to watch the LDC.  Even still, 3 passes, and none in crunch time when it's been needed most (last 3 games) only supports my argument further.

I did look up stats from the LDC too.... in the 4th quarter, the offence had the ball less than 5 minutes, went 2 and out, had a first down on a Harris run, and then went 2 and out.  And then another 2 and out, and a game sealing INT that made zero sense making the throw he did.

If he doesn't routinely move the sticks tomorrow, they need to get Streveler in there in the 2nd half.  Tomorrow will not be a forgiving crowd for a underperforming QB.

Edited by trueBlue83