LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

Because our coach is an idiot.“ Eternal Optimist (poster - previous post)

It’s funny you should say that. After the practice today, in the post practice question period, Coach O’Shea said “I guess you can call me an Eternal Optimist”..

😀

Edited by Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Because our coach is an idiot.“ Eternal Optimist

It’s funny you should say that. After the practice today, in the post practice question period, Coach O’Shea said “I guess you can call me an Eternal Optimist”..

😀

That doesn't seem to translate into good on-field performances, unfortunately.

13 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

😀

he was actually referencing a caller from the CJOB show on Tuesday night who called him an 'Eternal Optimist'... I wondered if it was the same person on this board with that name calling in!  haha

Hardrick & Flanders draw in tomorrow.... I like it!   This is however a sign that there is going to be more short passes in hopes of YACs piling up!  Clearly a move to get Nichols more comfortable.  Hopefully it works out and they can sustain some drives... but I can't see how this changes the Riders game plan at all.  Take away the short stuff and let them try and beat you deep.    

16 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Hardrick & Flanders draw in tomorrow.... I like it!   This is however a sign that there is going to be more short passes in hopes of YACs piling up!  Clearly a move to get Nichols more comfortable.  Hopefully it works out and they can sustain some drives... but I can't see how this changes the Riders game plan at all.  Take away the short stuff and let them try and beat you deep.    

Not necessary...this is also a good way to pull more of the linebackers and the D-lineman they drop off closer to the line...into the box and freeing up space more in the mid to intermediate zones eliminating the congested zone coverages the Riders like to run.

Probably if anything give us some more 1 on 1 match-ups with Adams..Thompkins and Woli to be honest..

1 hour ago, trueBlue83 said:

I think there will be lots of short passes b/c Nichols probably won't have enough time for longer developing routes. I don't think it's carved in stone yet that Hardrick is starting.

4 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

So we took Dressler off the six game early yet he might end up missing six games? Did he have a setback or something? 

I’m estatic to finally see Flanders play, 

Yeah, that's a bit of a head-scratcher. 

I'm very excited too!

looking at depth chart we have 3 extra oline man ...and ony 21 canadians listed...so to me looks like they all dress with just Wild sitting...Or Hardrick is actually not gonna play and is a smokescreen, and we dress 2 extra olineman with Wild drawing in....either way..I thin k we are going to be doing some run heavy and creative run plays to wear down and spread out the Rider defense

2 hours ago, Booch said:

looking at depth chart we have 3 extra oline man ...and only 21 Canadians listed...so to me looks like they all dress with just Wild sitting...Or Hardrick is actually not gonna play and is a smokescreen, and we dress 2 extra olineman with Wild drawing in....either way..I think we are going to be doing some run heavy and creative run plays to wear down and spread out the Rider defense

God knows, we have to do something and better than last game. Sitting Leggett out is a sign that his time here is done. Too bad.

17 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

😀

3 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

he was actually referencing a caller from the CJOB show on Tuesday night who called him an 'Eternal Optimist'... I wondered if it was the same person on this board with that name calling in!  haha

I will quash this theory now before you guys go all Donald Trump conspiracy theory on me... it was just a coincidence. The username is simply meant to be ironic.

3 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Ed Tait @EdTaitWFC 17m17 minutes ago

The #Bombers 46-man roster features 5 changes to the 46-man roster. On are CB Robert Priester, OL Jermarcus Hardrick, Cody Speller and Qadr Spooner and RB Timothy Flanders. Off are Dressler, Morgan,Leggett, Rush and Foketi. Leggett and Foketi moved to 6-game inured list.

O'Shea keeps saying that Nichols continues to grade well, and describes all the things he did last year...getting rid of the ball fast, making good decisions etc. What a joke! If that is the result of

their grading system they need a new one. If they keep grading Fogg well enough to stay on the field despite his poor play lately, can't tackle worth shi*T...again they are in need of a new

system!

5 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

their grading system they need a new one. If they keep grading Fogg well enough to stay on the field despite his poor play lately, can't tackle worth shi*T...again they are in need of a new system!

I'm going to call in next week and ask him how Sam Hurl graded last season!   He never saw an issue with him either!

3 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I'm going to call in next week and ask him how Sam Hurl graded last season!   He never saw an issue with him either!

MOS recently addressed Hurl. He didn't praise his skill, he praised his work ethic. Said that he worked non-stop, harder than anyone else on the field. 

They obviously didn't grade him that high or he would have been back. 

sounds like someone else lately who says they work really hard, and are at the stadium for 5am every morning!

Interesting stat from the Bomber website:

46%: The Bombers second down conversion rate over the last three games has dipped to 46 percent, after being at 53 percent through the first eight games of the year. In their last three games and 70 second-down situations, only eight have been for second-and-three or less. That means a whopping 90 percent of their second-down situations have been second-and-four or more.

Further proving that Nichols more often than not, defaults to the 2 yard dump pass....  so when O'Shea says "he's putting the ball where he needs to"  what exactly is he watching??

1 hour ago, Booch said:

looking at depth chart we have 3 extra oline man ...and ony 21 canadians listed...so to me looks like they all dress with just Wild sitting...Or Hardrick is actually not gonna play and is a smokescreen, and we dress 2 extra olineman with Wild drawing in....either way..I thin k we are going to be doing some run heavy and creative run plays to wear down and spread out the Rider defense

Im guessing Hardrick and Priester

Fans have been asking for Flanders for a while, now we'll see how much he means to the offence. 

Main difference on offence (imports wise) this year to last, Denmark gone, Flanders out. well, also Bond gone.

I would like to see Harris get some plays off. Should not be up to him.

Think maybe Denmark was always undervalued. One thing he didn't do much, was drop passes. probably useful, for a receiver.

Anyway, since according to the team, all is well with the QB, hope Flanders does the trick.

Edited by Mark F

41 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I will quash this theory now before you guys go all Donald Trump conspiracy theory on me... it was just a coincidence. The username is simply meant to be ironic.

There's no such thing as a coincidence, it's just a matter of arranging conspiracies in the right order to uncover the truth.