LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

12 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

If the league can use offensive terms like "regina" and "saskatchewan", I can't see them having an issue with "Banjo Bowl".

Reported!

Code of Conduct

3.  Use of foul language and profanity will not be tolerated; the partial masking of such words (such as asterisks or punctuation marks) will be treated as if the actual word or words had been used. This also applies to off-site links - if it would not be acceptable in the MorningBigBlue forums then a direct link to the material is equally unacceptable.

We should dress Flanders. Even if there’s no specific role for him It would be nice to spell Harris and have a legit backup on the roster who doesn’t fumble he game away when he has to come in for a series. Hopefully once Gray is here that’s more of a possibility.

13 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

We should dress Flanders. Even if there’s no specific role for him It would be nice to spell Harris and have a legit backup on the roster who doesn’t fumble he game away when he has to come in for a series. Hopefully once Gray is here that’s more of a possibility.

Flanders is a guy who flat out makes plays and we’re lacking in that department. I really don’t understand why we keep trotting out these useless import receivers when we have a proven playmaker waiting in the wings.

4 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Flanders is a guy who flat out makes plays and we’re lacking in that department. I really don’t understand why we keep trotting out these useless import receivers when we have a proven playmaker waiting in the wings.

Pretty hard to argue with that.  I just don't get it.  If we were lighting up the scoreboard, fine, but that definitely isn't the case.

46 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Plus. Harris handles a lot of volume at his age and it’s fairly common that he misses a series or two.  It seems like every other week he’s being helped off the field and riding the bike just to stay in the game. Not a knock on harris it’s just that when you rush from 150 a game it’s gonna take a toll.  We could just dress Flanders ahead of a useless player like Ian wild and if Harris needs to go out then you put in simonise or peterman for one of our useless American receivers. 

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Plus. Harris handles a lot of volume at his age and it’s fairly common that he misses a series or two.  It seems like every other week he’s being helped off the field and riding the bike just to stay in the game. Not a knock on harris it’s just that when you rush from 150 a game it’s gonna take a toll.  We could just dress Flanders ahead of a useless player like Ian wild and if Harris needs to go out then you put in simonise or peterman for one of our useless American receivers. 

I agree, I think Harris is being overworked and needs a guy like Flanders to spell him without any drop off in play, perhaps even more of a game breaking possibility. We're no coaches but this seems to be a no brainer, what am I missing, anyone....

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

I agree, I think Harris is being overworked and needs a guy like Flanders to spell him without any drop off in play, perhaps even more of a game breaking possibility. We're no coaches but this seems to be a no brainer, what am I missing, anyone....

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

I agree, I think Harris is being overworked and needs a guy like Flanders to spell him without any drop off in play, perhaps even more of a game breaking possibility. We're no coaches but this seems to be a no-brainer, what am I missing, anyone....

We have LaFrance but when the opposition knows that if you do not have a running game, you have nothing else, its pretty much game over. That's what Ottawa, Calgary and Saskatchewan did and then the Bomber defence wore out.

iT'S NOT LIKE THE sask defense shut our run down tho...Harris ran for 55 yards on 9 carries...Demski had a 5 yard run and Lafrance..tho he fumbled which was a huge turnover had 1 yard...also Strev had a 1 yard sneek...so 62 yards rushing in a half isn't really being shut down..we went away from it, and from the play action and to give the receivers that half second of indecision on the DB's as to if it run or pass..thats what stalled us out I think...Now pretty sure that is on LAPO...Not Nichols as I highly doubt he was going rogue and changing the play calls....and if he is...and still not producing, that alone is cause to be yanked as we can't be in an Inmates running the Asylum situation...thats when you kn ow your season is done

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS AT WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8 – 4 P.M. ET

• This will be the 15th installment of the Banjo Bowl between Saskatchewan and Winnipeg.
  • Winnipeg owns the edge in the Banjo Bowl, going 8-6 including winning the last three and four of the last five.
  • Matt Nichols is 3-0 in the Banjo Bowl in his career, averaging 271 passing yards in those games.
  • A quarterback has passed for 300+ yards just once in the last six of these games. That was done by Drew Willy in 2014 for Winnipeg.
  • Saskatchewan’s Naaman Roosevelt has notched 10 catches for 223 and two TDs in the last two Banjo Bowls. For Winnipeg, Weston Dressler has recorded 10 receptions for 192 yards in the last two Banjo Bowls.
  • This will be the fourth different QB in the last four years for the Roughriders: 2015 Brett Smith, 2016 Darian Durant, 2017 Kevin Glenn and 2018 Zach Collaros.
  • Saskatchewan took care of business in the front end of the home-and-home set. The Riders will be attempting to record their seventh sweep. Winnipeg has swept the pivotal Labour Day/Banjo Bowl series twice and there have been six splits.
  • This will be the sixth time Investors Group Field has hosted the game; the Blue Bombers have gone 4-1 in Banjo Bowls since the building opened.

For word on the other games playing this weekend see:

https://press.cfl.ca/this-week-in-the-cfl-week-13-189417?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheCanadianFootballLeaguesPressreleases+(CFL+PR+√)

20 hours ago, pigseye said:

When Harris got hurt late against the Stamps, I couldn't help wonder why the hell was he on the field at that point

On 2018-09-05 at 11:13 AM, Colin Unger said:

Ah so we're giving up on Lafrance because he's had one fumble in three years ha

Makes sense.

On 2018-09-02 at 1:07 AM, Dragon37 said:

Except this “slump” is 28 years running in a 9 team league. That is futility. While you may like to remain optimistic I tend to not keep the blinders on. I will remain concerned as what has transpired so far this far and hope they can get rid of this trend of mediocrity.

You do understand that each season is separate, right.  Realistically you can, at best, only use the seasons that this regime has been here to compare with.  This team has nothing to do with the Kelly/Mack years, for example, so why would you hold this group responsible for the sins of the past.  That's just lazy thinking.