LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Gord Barnsley @WinnipegGordo 2m2 minutes ago

At #Bombers practice and Dressler isn't practicing. He seems to be running around pretty good however. Washington is currently on first teams.

20kpseb.jpg

We’ve all asked...now let’s hope Washington can receive..

which isn't uncommon...tho I did notice Jeffcoat on sidelines for better part of second half...sans helmet...so musta got knicked up...possibly why we brought in Rivers...though would have much rather flown in Montgomery but he wouldn't be in game shape since camp ended

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

which isn't uncommon...tho I did notice Jeffcoat on sidelines for better part of second half...sans helmet...so musta got knicked up...possibly why we brought in Rivers...though would have much rather flown in Montgomery but he wouldn't be in game shape since camp ended

Vet day maybe

On 2018-08-28 at 12:37 PM, szaroz71 said:

I'm pretty sure Nichol's receivers aren't happy with his comments he made about them. Wonder how the rest of the team feels about him throwing them under the bus.

Way to keep up. That was misquoted and spun outta control by tsn.  milt even owned it.

Milt apologizes: Listen to the whole thing here: https://globalnews.ca/news/4413881/milt-stegall-apologizes-to-winnipeg-blue-bombers-qb-matt-nichols/

“I want to apologize to Matt Nichols. Nowhere in his interview did he outright say that he was throwing his receivers under the bus. So I don’t want to put words in his mouth, so I want to apologize for thatAlso with saying that though, as a starting quarterback — as a leader of a team — I need Matt Nichols to say, take more of the blame. That’s what I don’t hear out of Matt Nichols.”

Doesn't sound like Milt thinks he's wrong about Matt's comments, just that Matt didn't outright throw his receivers under the bus. Kinda like the way Westwood apologized to the Riders for calling them Banjo Playing Inbred's because most couldn't play the Banjo.

Nobody has any idea what Matt says to his teammates.

he should just stay away from the microphone for a few games.

I have heard him say after a bad game " I have to be better" 

tempest in a teapot.  Thanks TSN.

I thought Montgomery would make the team, he was destroying the other team, in his chance in preseason.

maybe he's not interested now.

Edited by Mark F

7 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

Appears Darvin Adams is moving to the inside, and rookie Corey Washington is getting a shot at the X (outside wide receiver). That's a comfortable spot for CFL rookies, set on the line with limited waggle.

Ummm...  could we just go one week without a head scratcher personnel decision...?  Have we ever?

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Jeff Hamilton @jeffkhamilton

#Bombers HC Mike O'Shea says OL Jermarcus Hardrick and DE Jackson Jeffcoat are doubtful for #Riders game this weekend. #wfp

Losing Jeffcoat would be a big kick in the pants.

Without Jeffcoat they're screwed, they should have found a D.E. familiar with the CFL for the P.R. once Corney hit the 6- game.  If they have to rotate Rivers in this quickly he's going to generate a bunch of offsides adjusting to the one yard separation.  I wonder what Shayon Green is up to?

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Without Jeffcoat they're screwed, they should have found a D.E. familiar with the CFL for the P.R. once Corney hit the 6- game.  If they have to rotate Rivers in this quickly he's going to generate a bunch of offsides adjusting to the one yard separation.

Rivers played a few games with the Esks, so he should understand the CFL game. Unless that's why he got cut from Edmonton...

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Without Jeffcoat they're screwed, they should have found a D.E. familiar with the CFL for the P.R. once Corney hit the 6- game.  If they have to rotate Rivers in this quickly he's going to generate a bunch of offsides adjusting to the one yard separation.

They have Roh - he's pretty familiar with the CFL