LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Ok then, what did he say..exactly?

We've all read exactly what he said. It's not about that. It's about how people interpret what he said. It's about saying anything at all that could be misconstrued and it's about making that same mistake two weeks in a row. Better just to say mea culpa then go out and play football.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

We've all read exactly what he said. It's not about that. It's about how people interpret what he said. It's about saying anything at all that could be misconstrued and it's about making that same mistake two weeks in a row. Better just to say mea culpa then go out and play football.

Agreed. Look, all I was wondering if anyone else thought the team make take offense to the comment. 

47 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Ok, fair enough. I'll reword it so not to jump to any conclusions. If I were one of the receivers and my Qb said that, I would probably take offense. It's one thing to talk about these issues in the locker room, but to say it on tsn in a interview is a little harsh.

It wasn't a tsn interview, it was a cjob interview, you go look at the entire question and answer (believe Bob Irving even tweeted it for your convenience) and tell me if it sounds remotely like what TSN blew it up into.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

you could see the game changing because of the lack of offense but it was still within reach, and at that point all it takes is one play from the offense to be right back in the thick of things so yes the D did hold them in until late in the 4th quarter. The offense just never did their part. 

Still not completely convinced, but If you say this another thirty or forty times, I will be convinced that the D played great !

39 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I say this incalculably begrudgingly: you're absolutely right. Nichols should've said nothing or just gave some canned response. No harm, no foul.

That being said, I don't know if his teammates took offense to any of it. Personally, I doubt they could give a wet fart. They're pro athletes and the majority of them have pretty thick skin. I also think they have better things to do than attempt to interpret what their obviously frustrated and underachieving QB said in a post-game presser.

Regardless what or how he said it...he should have just said that things weren't working and he was just missing on some plays/throws

If I was to hear that as a teamate it would raise my eyebrows..as I am sure as others...and is a good way to start a crack in fracturing team chemistry and dividing a room....also..I can bet that there were some receivers..possibly others who under their breathes..or in private convo's most likely said...well..how bout you make some of them damn throws when we "are" open

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Wrong.

Go to page 8 Matt Nichols boo thread..read the transcript. Maybe you and burg can discuss..

Thanks for that. I read it and you're right, that's not exactly what he said, so my apologies. But it was close, and as others on here have mentioned, his teammates could take offense to the comment, or they could just shrug it off. I didn't realize this was discussed to death on your Boo Nichols page.

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, that’s better Milt..

“I want to apologize to Matt Nichols. Nowhere in his interview did he outright say that he was throwing his receivers under the bus. So I don’t want to put words in his mouth, so I want to apologize for that.” - Milt Stegall

lol, Milt you still da man. 

He still didn't let Nichols off the hook. Milt went on to say ... “Also with saying that though, as a starting quarterback — as a leader of a team — I need Matt Nichols to say, take more of the blame. That’s what I don’t hear out of Matt Nichols.”