LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

Biggest games of the year... couldn't be bigger for both teams right now... or bigger for this regime  

Bombers need both of these games imo - tall order

- I want to see Nichols and Streveler rotating as a 1A/1B...  that was working in the first half and then Lapo abandoned it

- Bring back the two back sets!!!  If Jones gets on a roll, Nichols confidence will absolutely be crushed...  need a big first Q from the O

- Let Bighill play MLB already... Hall's blitz D is just too predictable - luckily Sask's O sucks

- Is Ernest Jackson a trade option for the bombers? Als likely need to free up cap space ... not sure who else would be an option - receiving core is not scaring anyone

- Any other ideas?

Edited by Floyd

46 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Biggest games of the year... couldn't be bigger for both teams right now... or bigger for this regime  

Bombers need both of these games imo - tall order

- I want to see Nichols and Streveler rotating as a 1A/1B...  that was working in the first half and then Lapo abandoned it

- Bring back the two back sets!!!  If Jones gets on a roll, Nichols confidence will absolutely be crushed...  need a big first Q from the O

- Let Bighill play MLB already... Hall's blitz D is just too predictable - luckily Sask's O sucks

- Is Ernest Jackson a trade option for the bombers? Als likely need to free up cap space ... not sure who else would be an option - receiving core is not scaring anyone

- Any other ideas?

Yeah. Dial up Higgins. Give him full control. Let him fire and hire some top notch assistants then turn the laser on the players. 

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We have our own Ernest Jackson... Darvin Adams. Biggest disappointment for me this season. He has not stepped up & should be a team leader in the locker room & on the field. 

You cant possibly be more disappointed in him than Nichols?1?! The guy is on pace for well over 1000 yards and should have had another 50+ yesterday on the brutal underthrow. Not his fault he has a QB who cant hit the broadside of a barn.

On the surface, this year's matchup reminds me of the first Labour Day Classic I attended, in 2004. The Bombers won and then won the inaugural "Banjo Bowl" the following week and, call me crazy, I think they can sweep this year too. I'm feeling pretty discouraged right now, like most Bomber fans, but I think if they can limit turnovers on offence they can score enough points to get by, even against an impressive Rider D. I have not been at all impressed by the Rider O this year and I think it's an opportunity for the Bomber D to bounce back. Yes, I'm an optimist. Can't help it. I just hope I'm right! If I hear some Rider fans chanting "We're number 4!" in the stands next week, as thay did at that first LDC I was at, I'll be extremely happy.

2 hours ago, Bomberfan85 said:

On the surface, this year's matchup reminds me of the first Labour Day Classic I attended, in 2004. The Bombers won and then won the inaugural "Banjo Bowl" the following week and, call me crazy, I think they can sweep this year too. I'm feeling pretty discouraged right now, like most Bomber fans, but I think if they can limit turnovers on offence they can score enough points to get by, even against an impressive Rider D. I have not been at all impressed by the Rider O this year and I think it's an opportunity for the Bomber D to bounce back. Yes, I'm an optimist. Can't help it. I just hope I'm right! If I hear some Rider fans chanting "We're number 4!" in the stands next week, as they did at that first LDC I was at, I'll be extremely happy.

You may need your meds adjusted. They apparently are not working very well.

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

You may need your meds adjusted. They apparently are not working very well.

Lol So this is what someone gets for posting an optimistic thought. Take it somewhere else. They're probably not feeling arrogant enough yet over at Riderfans. Maybe they'll welcome you with open arms. 

I have zero confidence in us splitting these two games.   I honestly think we'll lose both.  I don't understand where Nichols is at this year.  Something is clearly bothering him cuz he looks awful.   The last 2.5 games offensively have flat out sucked.   Even the win against Hamilton you could see the 2nd half of that game where the o was pitiful . I'm not saying Streveler is our saviour but what's the harm in giving him the reigns for 2-3 games.  Nichols might well benefit from riding the pine.  O'Shea stubbornness is really going to hurt us if we end up missing the playoffs by 2 pts.

You gotta have enough hope that the Bombers will do well enough to win next Sunday..... and also win the week after that.  For me, it's because if they don't my Saskatchewan season ticket holding relatives will be blowing up my phone for a month after with stupid flatbilly jokes about the Bombers.. ., an I hate when that happens.

17 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

You gotta have enough hope that the Bombers will do well enough to win next Sunday..... and also win the week after that.  For me, it's because if they don't my Saskatchewan season ticket holding relatives will be blowing up my phone for a month after with stupid flatbilly jokes about the Bombers.. ., an I hate when that happens.

Eventually it will be possible and legal to get new relatives. For now, better hope for two wins. 

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

Would like to bet that our D can hold this Sask offense......to less than 500 yds in offense.  Yet my house is staying put.

You should start a poll for guessing the yards against through the air.......or combined yards whichever..... 100-150 150-200 etc etc  lol

Edited by NorthernSkunk

2 hours ago, Bomberfan85 said:

On the surface, this year's matchup reminds me of the first Labour Day Classic I attended, in 2004. The Bombers won and then won the inaugural "Banjo Bowl" the following week and, call me crazy, I think they can sweep this year too. I'm feeling pretty discouraged right now, like most Bomber fans, but I think if they can limit turnovers on offence they can score enough points to get by, even against an impressive Rider D. I have not been at all impressed by the Rider O this year and I think it's an opportunity for the Bomber D to bounce back. Yes, I'm an optimist. Can't help it. I just hope I'm right! If I hear some Rider fans chanting "We're number 4!" in the stands next week, as thay did at that first LDC I was at, I'll be extremely happy.

Well - I do like your enthusiasm! Not necessarily your logic but do like your enthusiasm. I just have to wonder if Richie Hall's defense will give up 500 or 600 yards to the Riders - Not sure what the over and under happens to be on this one. Also have to wonder if MN will just implode!

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

You cant possibly be more disappointed in him than Nichols?1?! The guy is on pace for well over 1000 yards and should have had another 50+ yesterday on the brutal underthrow. Not his fault he has a QB who cant hit the broadside of a barn.

We were discussing the  receiver position as the suggestion was made that we should perhaps pick up Ernest Jackson.  So, my answer just focused on that. Adams is  too inconsistent for me as he can be a game breaker but he also disappears for long stretches as well & his production falls off.  Yesterday, Nichols was off  target to Adams.  A couple of throws that were behind  & that bomb to him downfield. He was open but Nichols should have thrown the ball a second or so earlier.  He also dropped a couple of balls & seemed to be fighting his confidence as a receiver. The biggest offensive disappointment is undoubtedly the play of Matt Nichols & what has happened to our offense. Defensively, with Ritchie Hall I no longer am disappointed. He is what he is as a DC & his defenses play like it. The Bombers seem happy with him so what can anyone do?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We were discussing the  receiver position as the suggestion was made that we should perhaps pick up Ernest Jackson.  So, my answer just focused on that. Adams is  too inconsistent for me as he can be a game breaker but he also disappears for long stretches as well & his production falls off.  Yesterday, Nichols was off  target to Adams.  A couple of throws that were behind  & that bomb to him downfield. He was open but Nichols should have thrown the ball a second or so earlier.  He also dropped a couple of balls & seemed to be fighting his confidence as a receiver. The biggest offensive disappointment is undoubtedly the play of Matt Nichols & what has happened to our offense. Defensively, with Ritchie Hall I no longer am disappointed. He is what he is as a DC & his defenses play like it. The Bombers seem happy with him so what can anyone do?

I’m holding out hope for Zystra.  He was injured and missed the first two pre-season games and didn’t get a target in the 3rd game.  But he was only in when Seimian was playing so...

38 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Meh, a sweep either way is possible. Perhaps the 'Riders escape from BC place last night will mean they're fat and happy heading into the LDC? One can only hope we catch them off-guard.

Unfortunately, I believe the Rider players are more passionate and excited than the “look-at-tape-then-flush” Bomber players who can’t overcome poor execution..after 10 games..

Lots of questions will be answered this weekend..