Coaching

Floyd

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

And from this point on nobody will ever take any posts of yours seriously....  just terrible....

WTF are you talking about?

Buono ditched Harris - it was a huge mistake... everyone knew that he wanted to come back and play in front of his family and hometown...??

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If we lose in the first round or miss the playoffs, to me you have to consider letting MOS go. I think what will happen is Hall is fired unless we win the Cup and MOS gets year 6. Nobody will do anything about him at all. Walters gets even more of a pass. Seriously, ever read or hear anything negative from the media on him?

He engages with the local media so he is well liked. 

10 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

I understand the board's overall mood is at a new low right now ... but this good sir, is nothing short of blasphemy.

HA okay I get it - you somehow think I'm blaming Andrew Harris...  so obviously you didn't read the post I'm replying to - makes sense - this board is completely out of its mind for this past week...

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He engages with the local media so he is well liked. 

Maybe  old school football fans and media people like the idea of a canuck head coach, and manager, and ceo.

So our three guys maybe get more leeway than normal, in the hope that a Canadian run team can succeed.

Edited by Mark F

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel like Walters does a good job with free agency and has built on NI talent well and I like having 2 firsts next year but we have some glaring weaknesses that have been here his entire 5 years.

They aren't Canadian issues either. They are American. Like receiver & defensive line. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel like Walters does a good job with free agency and has built on NI talent well and I like having 2 firsts next year but we have some glaring weaknesses that have been here his entire 5 years.

Walters has done a good enough job to warrant some slack. But if he is prepared to go through another season, he is part of the problem.

3 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

How and why did Lapo go away from the two back set? Whether it’s with Flanders who I prefer, or with Demski, we’ve had tons of success with that formation. 

Start Streveler, dress Flanders and let Demski come into the backfield on sweeps. There won’t be a team in the league that could stop our running game. We can’t win throwing with Nichols and this receiving core. 

Even Lafrance is a pretty useful player.  Can run, catch and block, just does good things when he gets on the field.

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I still maintain that a lot of the continued weaknesses come down to roster management and less so recruitment.  How many guys are rotting on the practice roster (Flanders, C.Washington) while Lankford and Wild are on the field.

I mean how is Wild on the field defending 2nd and long when you’ve got Fenner playing only special teams?!

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd say not.  We've never had a great push from our DL. We have to blitz to get pressure & we get burned. Our DL isn't good enough to pressure on its own. 

That's on Richie Hall...  we have a good run D - hard to get pressure when the flats are always open

1 minute ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

I still maintain that a lot of the continued weaknesses come down to roster management and less so recruitment.  How many guys are rotting on the practice roster (Flanders, C.Washington) while Lankford and Wild are on the field.

I mean how is Wild on the field defending 2nd and long when you’ve got Fenner playing only special teams?!

Fenner got reps tonight and got burnt in a major way - he was chase on the last TD I believe

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The import scouting has been ****, and I think partially because they don't do a good job of developing guys or giving new guys a real shot to develop.  Instead they get stuck on one dimensional players like Lankford, because he's so damn fast!  He can make like two big plays in a whole season just by being so fast!

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Andrew Harris wanted to come here...  BC should have kept him

Signing Dressler, Bowman, Moore, Smith, Stafford, etc...  these are kind of 'meh' to me - Dressler is nice but I'd rather have developed our own guys...

Well if that's the case, you should ask why, and I'd say it's because it takes a good GM to provide the kind of place that players want to go to.  That was something Mack could not do and something Reed is failing bad at.

But that wasn't really even the main point.  Point is I wonder if they will have the guts to make a coaching change if necessary, or would they hang on to MOS the same way he has Richie Hall.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

And from this point on nobody will ever take any posts of yours seriously....  just terrible....

I think what he meant was that Harris is so good, BC should have kept him.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Maybe  old school football fans and media people like the idea of a canuck head coach, and manager, and ceo.

So our three guys maybe get more leeway than normal, in the hope that a Canadian run team can succeed.

I think you nailed it.

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

I understand the board's overall mood is at a new low right now ... but this good sir, is nothing short of blasphemy.

How its even remotely possible to question that move at this point is a little mind bottling..