Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

By my count - 3. But the issue is that your best receiver has to make those catches, if they’re anywhere near his hands..and they were.

Coach used to tell us if we can touch it we should catch it and that's high school ball.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Dunigan basically calling out Nichols character on TSN.  Saying adversity reveals character and Nichols isn't looking too good this season.

Panel goes off reservation for Matt Nichols character but ...checks notes..."the CFL needs Duron Carter" ?

Edited by Zontar

Oh, the TSN panel roasts Nichols for saying on CJOB that no one was getting open during the game. Especially Milt who said if he was a receiver should he go to the media if he was always open & Nichols wasn't throwing to him?  Dunigan just said Nichols needs to keep his mouth shut.  Looks like there are fractures in the locker room. Coach em up. Mike. Good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Milt is crucifying Nicholls during the BC/Sask halftime show.   he said he threw his receivers under the bus today and that he should shut his mouth and just play football.

I would have liked to have known what the question was CJOB had asked him, but regardless I've got to agree in that it is poorly worded at best and throwing his teammates under the bus at worst.

I definitely can buy in to the idea that Nichols is spiralling a bit now, letting his emotions get to him and making poor decisions on and off the field.

Nothing good can come from a qb blaming others for his poor performance. Even if it's true. My son played at SFU & by the time he got there he knew he always had to blame himself if the offense sputtered. To never blame a teammate. Leaders put the responsibility on their shoulders & don't spread it around. 

27 minutes ago, Stickem said:

To be fair....at that point in the game why the  hell were we throwing an out to the sideline when the play call should have been going deep....I'm totally befuddled on the call never mind the result

Irving, Brown, and the rest of us were too. Nichols needs to go and he needs to take Lapo with him for that lunacy.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Trying to backtrack. Guy is going to lose respect in the locker room and with the fan base.

I don't think people will be so quick to forget this time. That's 2 zingers in 2 weeks.  What has happened to the guy??? It's like he's melting down right in front of our eyes. 

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nothing good can come from a qb blaming others for his poor performance. Even if it's true. My son played at SFU & by the time he got there he knew he always had to blame himself if the offense sputtered. To never blame a teammate. Leaders put the responsibility on their shoulders & don't spread it around. 

Thanks for that. Does the same apply to head coaches?

Just now, J5V said:

Thanks for that. Does the same apply to head coaches?

Coaches can criticize because they're not on the field but they have to be careful doing it. Coaches will talk in generalities as in, "We didn't make plays downfield" but won't name any names, for example. Teammates criticizing others is dangerous because TBH, no one plays a perfect game. Until that happens any player that does criticize should say nothing because at some point they probably screwed up in a game. Players play & coaches coach.