Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Matt needs to sit agreed ...at least for awhile...I'm going to be a little nervous seeing Streveler start....BUT we may have no choice

There’s no other choice, maybe Matt figures it out after being sat for a couple games but at this point you can’t just keep trotting him out there expecting a different result.

I have not watched todays game yet,   but when I went to the game against Ottawa he had wide open guys and the time to make the throws to those guys.   He was not seeing the field at all.    His mobility wasn't very important.. it was him not seeing a guy wide open on his 2nd or 3rd read on the passing plays.  

When Streveler came in late in that game he made way quicker decisions and tossed balls to guys who were open or to guys hitting their route with the defender unable to make a play.    

I'm not saying bench Nichols,  but next game if he's struggling why not put Streveler in a series or two to see if he can jump start the offense.  If he does then leave the guy in the game,  if not then at least you made an effort to shake things.  

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Adams did not play very well, and dropped balls that I think he should have caught.

Unfortunately, Adams did not shine like a premier receiver should. His drops immediately cut off any offensive drive and put any QB in an unenviable position. We don’t have quite the team that can recover from those. 

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

Unfortunately, Adams did not shine like a premier receiver should. His drops immediately cut off any offensive drive and put any QB in an unenviable position. We don’t have quite the team that can recover from those. 

Maybe 1 drop.. Overthrown and underthrown a bunch tho. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Masoli suffered from a couple of drops by his receivers and he ended up getting a TD and field goal in the final minutes of the game to win it.  If Hamilton is able to overcome some questionable drops why can't the Bombers?  Is the talent on the Bombers inferior to that of hamilton's?

2 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Masoli suffered from a couple of drops by his receivers and he ended up getting a TD and field goal in the final minutes of the game to win it.  If Hamilton is able to overcome some questionable drops why can't the Bombers?  Is the talent on the Bombers inferior to that of Hamilton's?

Sure as spit looks like it.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Interesting quote from Bob on the post-game show:

When the coach starts listening to the fans, he'll soon be sitting with them.

We were playing better football during the first three games of the year.  I remember when Willy was replaced, the fans were making it clear they had enough.

When a coach refuses to correct the play calling of his assistants he could also find himself sitting with the fans

Streveler will produce the same amount of passing as Nichols (thinking actual game numbers, not the last 2 minutes when teams lay off, or the 20 minutes of prevent he saw vs Ottawa).  About 220-250 passing, but Streveler adds the element of running, both by design and out of necessity when plays break down.  This has to be defended and opens up passes to backs because the LB's have to wait for Streveler, they can't pay too much attention to Harris leaking out because if they run at him, Streveler runs up the seam for 20.  This offense with Nichols is just too easy to defend when he has no midrange game. and no hope of hitting a deep ball consistently.

Now Streveler is young so automatically you worry about turnovers, but in reality he's been better at protecting the ball than Nichols thus far in 2018.

I don't see a huge downside in terms of production.  The downside is Nichols losing his mind and never playing for us again, but seems to be heading that way regardless.  The guy is out of sorts.

41 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Hard to recover from the QB handing a free TD per game at minimum to the opposition too.  You can maybe do that it you throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's every game, but not if you're closer to 200 and 1 TD.

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I’m not going to defend Nichols on that pick in any way, but that was a great defensive play to reach out, stop the ball, catch it and score. Sometimes the D makes the play. We needed something like that..

That was the easiest interception I've ever seen.  Nichols stared down Demski who was standing beside him at the line of scrimmage and continued to do so as Davis backed off on the rush into the lane between them and then Nichols flipped the ball right to him like a point guard with glaucoma.

The interception at the end of the half was a hell of a play, but still a horrible throw into the line, a problem Nichols has had for the last season and a half.  Staring down throws and letting the DL read his eyes to get into the passing lane.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

21 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I’m not going to defend Nichols on that pick in any way, but that was a great defensive play to reach out, stop the ball, catch it and score. Sometimes the D makes the play. We needed something like that..

To be fair....at that point in the game why the  hell were we throwing an out to the sideline when the play call should have been going deep....I'm totally befuddled on the call never mind the result

Just now, Stickem said:

To be fair....at that point in the game why the  hell were we throwing an out to the sideline when the play call should have been going deep....I'm totally befuddled on the call never mind the result

Yeah, I muttered the same thing myself.  LaPo's play calling has been dreadful the last 2 games. MOS isn't helping either.

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

That wasn't an out, that was Nichols dumping the ball to Demski after hesitating through his reads.  Davis just stood with Demski and waited for Nichols to hand him the ball.

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That wasn't an out, that was Nichols dumping the ball to Demski after hesitating through his reads.  Davis just stood with Demski and waited for Nichols to hand him the ball.

Whatever the read was why wasn't the ball going down field at that point in desperation instead of the sidelines...Anything would have been better than that stupidity 

I've seen more big plays from the Lions & Riders receivers than I've seen from the entire Blue Bomber receiving corps thru 10 games. That is sad, gentlemen. We have a team of receivers who just can't make plays.  Our receivers as a group have been sub par for years now. It is frustrating to watch & no one in  football operations is held accountable. 

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Whatever the read was why wasn't the ball going down field at that point in desperation instead of the sidelines...Anything would have been better than that stupidity 

I agree.  Said to the people near me when that happened that throw is just completely inexcusable.  If he tries to make a tight throw downfield and throws a pick you live with it at that point, but that play was literally going for 2 yards even if it went well, Demski was getting the ball stationary and had nowhere to go.