Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Matt needs to sit agreed ...at least for awhile...I'm going to be a little nervous seeing Streveler start....BUT we may have no choice

Maybe but this thread is mistitled.  It should be "Lapolice boo"

I mean, think about it, he was putting Nichols in 2nd and long with his conservative play calling and predictable runs on 1st down.  If you do that against the Stamps, they'll just throw the kitchen sink at you every time.

Ffs how bout mixing in some draws, not waiting till late in the game to go up tempo and get Matt in a rhythm, and what was that garbage screen to Demski resembling what Trestman called last night?

9 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Nichols was struggling for many games in the second half of last season.  It's been over a year of average to below-average QB play.  I suspect his days as a good quarterback are over.  Lapo getting as much as he did out of Nichols in 2016/17 is a testament to his play-calling.

What about this season? What's with all the long pass attempts lately? That **** clearly isn't working, so why do it? Why not go back to what worked in the past?

Nichols needs to be way better in his execution but the play-calling lately has been utter trash.

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Maybe but this thread is mistitled.  It should be "Lapolice boo"

I mean, think about it, he was putting Nichols in 2nd and long with his conservative play calling and predictable runs on 1st down.  If you do that against the Stamps, they'll just throw the kitchen sink at you every time.

Ffs how bout mixing in some draws, not waiting till late in the game to go up tempo and get Matt in a rhythm, and what was that garbage screen to Demski resembling what Trestman called last night?

We hardly ran a lot of the second and long s were after missed passes. Both guys had awful games. The call to fake the short yardage keeper and pass was the only great call for plop. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Truth to that. Once you pull Nichols while he is healthy don't expect to see the best of Nichols here again. 

Why?  Because he is so sensitive?  His play this year warrants being pulled and if he can't handle it he is not mentally tough.  

We have probably already seen the best of Nichols thanks to a dominant O-line in 2016-17. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We hardly ran a lot of the second and long s were after missed passes. Both guys had awful games. The call to fake the short yardage keeper and pass was the only great call for plop. 

I saw a ton of run plays on first and no play action today.  No fake end arounds or nothing to try and fake the defense out.

Trust me, Lapolice was putting Nichols in bad situations.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What about this season? What's with all the long pass attempts lately? That **** clearly isn't working, so why do it? Why not go back to what worked in the past?

Nichols needs to be way better in his execution but the play-calling lately has been utter trash.

I thought not enough of those were called today.  Just a bunch of little dump offs that the Stamps jumped all over.