Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I completely agree with this.   Masoli IMO seems to have massive horse shoes up his ar$e so many times he's running for his life only to dart a ball 25 yards down field to a receiver who makes a great grab. 

when you have the arm to do so, you can chuck it up and let the receiver go make a play.   Our guy typically under throws, which makes making that play a lot harder.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I completely agree with this.   Masoli IMO seems to have massive horse shoes up his ar$e so many times he's running for his life only to dart a ball 25 yards down field to a receiver who makes a great grab. 

After a while, you can't write it off as luck. The best players have a sort of spider sense which allows then to do the right thing at the right time.

On 2018-09-10 at 4:48 PM, Tracker said:

If the Bombers' next game was at home, he would probably be loath to start Nichols again, but in Montreal, far away from the suddenly hostile Bomber fans, O'Shea will feel far safer to start Nichols.

And of course, a rookie QB couldn't possibly be successful.

9 minutes ago, J5V said:

And of course, a rookie QB couldn't possibly be successful.

Nichols ain't ever going to win a grey cup,  ever.  It's time to get Streveler some meaningful reps,  and if he totally shows zero promise then get Bennet some reps.  The QB position can be a turnstile until somebody proves they can handle the job.... 

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Nichols ain't ever going to win a grey cup,  ever.  It's time to get Streveler some meaningful reps,  and if he totally shows zero promise then get Bennet some reps.  The QB position can be a turnstile until somebody proves they can handle the job.... 

You mean like Nichols did the last 2 seasons??

Oh those dont count now.. gotcha.

2 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

You mean like Nichols did the last 2 seasons??

Oh those dont count now.. gotcha.

Nichols never "handled" the position to the point of getting people excited enough to think about the Bombers having a prolonged playoff run........all he did was "manage" the games, just enough to get some wins during the season.  Relying heavily on the Harris little dump offs over and over until every other team in the league shut Nichols and Harris down.  And the last four games have not helped Nichols cause even in the slightest way.

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Nichols never "handled" the position to the point of getting people excited enough to think about the Bombers having a prolonged playoff run........all he did was "manage" the games, just enough to get some wins during the season.  Relying heavily on the Harris little dump offs over and over until every other team in the league shut Nichols and Harris down.  And the last four games have not helped Nichols cause even in the slightest way.

He exceeded our expectations (mine anyways) with his play when he became starter, didn't he go something like 10 - 1, it was crazy and no way it could be sustained. I think the real Nichols is somewhere between then and now. 

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

FYI: Walby on the pregame show has opined that Nichols has to shine in the first quarter or his confidence and the confidence of the team in him will wilt. Sounds about right, even if dire.

I liked the comment about screw the luvy-dovey stuff, in 1990, the last time the Bombers won the cup, they had a set of boxing gloves hanging in the dressing room and that's how they settled things. 

Just now, Brandon said:

Nichols did not shine...  he didn't stink up the joint but he certainly didn't shine.   

Lost his running game with Harris & Demski out. Demski is also a part of the passing attack so it really crippled us offensively.  If they're out long term I can't see us winning another game thuis season with the teams we play.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lost his running game with Harris & Demski out. Demski is also a part of the passing attack so it really crippled us offensively.  If they're out long term I can't see us winning another game thuis season with the teams we play.

Plus Bombers have ratio problems now.

This team has always been very thin in talented personnel.

38 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No excuses in the 3rd quarter.   He had time to throw and had 4 guys who could catch on the field.   Demski isn't a big loss IMO.   

I saw a guy who couldn't throw to anyone after his first read and over thinking....

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

No excuses in the 3rd quarter.   He had time to throw and had 4 guys who could catch on the field.   Demski isn't a big loss IMO.   

I saw a guy who couldn't throw to anyone after his first read and over thinking....

Honestly the hate on guys have for Nichols is getting old.

He is not a flashy qb but with a good d and when he is running a steady ball control offence that doesn’t turn the ball over it makes for a winning combo.

the only qb’s that are better are Riley and Mitchell with Masoli possibly ahead of Nichols but he has yet to win anything.

He proved his worth in the 4th with the drive that led to a big field goal and by not turning the ball over.

ill conceed Montreal is not a good team but they have some solid players on D.

3 minutes ago, sportmentary2012 said:

Honestly the hate on guys have for Nichols is getting old.

He is not a flashy qb but with a good d and when he is running a steady ball control offence that doesn’t turn the ball over it makes for a winning combo.

the only qb’s that are better are Riley and Mitchell with Masoli possibly ahead of Nichols but he has yet to win anything.

He proved his worth in the 4th with the drive that led to a big field goal and by not turning the ball over.

ill conceed Montreal is not a good team but they have some solid players on D.

So in other words, when everything else on the team is going well and Nichols doesn’t overtly screw everything up, he’s fine. Pardon me while I celebrate. 

Quarterbacking is **** because of what we pay our rookies. Why would any qb or player want to come here from the US when they make $55,000 Canadian or whatever then have to lose money in taxes & exchange once they return to the States? The CFL is run by offensive linemen who are the most entitled & coddled group of players in the league today. For the most part, all CFL teams do is draft OL in the first round. So they get the big contracts & start before any other Canadian players get the chance at any other positions. Do you think they care about any other rookie players? The rookie salary has to be significantly raised to get good players to come here & perhaps stay. It's really bad now. Almost embarrassing.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Quarterbacking is **** because of what we pay our rookies. Why would any qb or player want to come here from the US when they make $55,000 Canadian or whatever then have to lose money in taxes & exchange once they return to the States? The CFL is run by offensive linemen who are the most entitled & coddled group of players in the league today. For the most part, all CFL teams do is draft OL in the first round. So they get the big contracts & start before any other Canadian players get the chance at any other positions. Do you think they care about any other rookie players? The rookie salary has to be significantly raised to get good players to come here & perhaps stay. It's really bad now. Almost embarrassing.

Most CFL players were screwed during the last CBA negotiations.  Minimal bump in the league minimum and practice roster players and the ceilings for team salaries hardly increased .....even with the new TV contract that increased threefold.  THe Bombers had 32 million in revenues last year, yet the players received around $5 million of that.  That's around 17% of revenues.

The players definitely deserve a larger cut during the next round of negotiations.  Sadly, that may not happen.