Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, Ripper said:

I am not turning the knife. I am not posting what I really think about Nichols.  I think some here are really bothered by the fact that a lot of things I have said in previous arguments here may be a lot more true than some want to admit or face up to.  There is nothing in what I said that is gloating.  If you took it that way, oh well.  

As far as the HC comments, I think it is a fair point. Our own HC Jones surrounded himself with yes men and doesn't have a replacement on his own staff so i obviously wasn't talking about the Riders.

QFT

Many here are in denial - and I call them wanna-be fans... Even with the current evidence before them, there are lots of comments about how the team is loaded with talent and Walters and OShea are CFL legends who have done nothing but bring perfection to the team... Just fire Hall and replace Nichols and all will be well. That is the easy answer because it is a doable solution that does not violate the basic wanna-be tenant that the team is mostly excellent with just a small tweak and they are somehow on the cusp of a massive Bomber dynasty. LOL Will it work? I highly doubt so!

There is nothing wrong with this positive outlook, even with such an excessive viewpoint. It boils down to an extreme case of wishful thinking. However, many of the wanna-be's get upset to the point of irrationality when they are faced with reality which deviates from their wishful model. They lash out childishly at anyone who points out a picture that does not match their mental model of perfection of this current incarnation of the team. Bullying here and terse comments are pervasive. To protest it, that is why I have adopted the Mike Kelly persona and will always point out the other side of the argument that the wanna-be's make.

17 minutes ago, TheSource said:

QFT

Many here are in denial - and I call them wanna-be fans... Even with the current evidence before them, there are lots of comments about how the team is loaded with talent and Walters and OShea are CFL legends who have done nothing but bring perfection to the team... Just fire Hall and replace Nichols and all will be well. That is the easy answer because it is a doable solution that does not violate the basic wanna-be tenant that the team is mostly excellent with just a small tweak and they are somehow on the cusp of a massive Bomber dynasty. LOL Will it work? I highly doubt so!

There is nothing wrong with this positive outlook, even with such an excessive viewpoint. It boils down to an extreme case of wishful thinking. However, many of the wanna-be's get upset to the point of irrationality when they are faced with reality which deviates from their wishful model. They lash out childishly at anyone who points out a picture that does not match their mental model of perfection of this current incarnation of the team. Bullying here and terse comments are pervasive. To protest it, that is why I have adopted the Mike Kelly persona and will always point out the other side of the argument that the wanna-be's make.

Wanna-be troll. 

10 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

But he did play well for over two years prior to this skid. It's not unreasonable for a coach to let his starter try to play himself out of it.

I'm always an advocate of letting guys play through things (you can't have someone looking over their shoulder, worrying about job security, and expect to get the best from them).

That said, Nichols hasn't played particularly well at all this season. It's not just a quarter or a half of football - we're talking games - and it's becoming a detriment to this team. With Streveler, the offense is more dynamic, is more difficult to defend (he spreads the ball around to everyone) and is simply more versatile .. LaPo just needs to stay out of his own way, hah!

In the end, I'm not going to get too worked up over the regular season. Yes, it's more fun to sit through a win than a loss but we've seen time and time again that your record means NOTHING if you make the playoffs and at that point, anything can happen. Not writing this team off yet.

11 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

I'm always an advocate of letting guys play through things (you can't have someone looking over their shoulder, worrying about job security, and expect to get the best from them).

That said, Nichols hasn't played particularly well at all this season. It's not just a quarter or a half of football - we're talking games - and it's becoming a detriment to this team. With Streveler, the offense is more dynamic, is more difficult to defend (he spreads the ball around to everyone) and is simply more versatile .. LaPo just needs to stay out of his own way, hah!

In the end, I'm not going to get too worked up over the regular season. Yes, it's more fun to sit through a win than a loss but we've seen time and time again that your record means NOTHING if you make the playoffs and at that point, anything can happen. Not writing this team off yet.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

“More than anything, guys are rallying around (Nichols), showing him love and letting him know we’ve still got his back, no matter what anyone is saying.”

Game preview 📝 http://ow.ly/EAKX30lJ9qE

Could it be that they know that there is no chance in Hell that he will not be starting and playing the whole game if O'Shea has anything to say about it?

On 2018-09-06 at 8:26 AM, TheSource said:

QFT

You're adopting the persona of Mike Kelly to protest? Wouldn't be my first choice to combat bullying and pervasive comments but to each their own. Just out of curiosity why not use your own persona? 

Edited by HardCoreBlue
added choice

13 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

You're adopting the persona of Mike Kelly to protest? Wouldn't be my first choice to combat bullying and pervasive comments but to each their own. Just out of curiosity why not use your own persona? 

I picked Kelley because he is not well liked and is not going to be a popular choice amongst certain factions here. Also, I actually truly believed that the guy got a bit of a raw deal. His intentions were good, and from his career that has followed in the US you could even say that under the right conditions he could be a good coach. He was in over his head and let his ego get the better of him, but everyone makes mistakes in life. At least he seemed to care. Remember that his O was responsible for that 700-plus yard game Dunnigan had. I was at that game and it will be one of the greatest Bomber moments in my lifetime.

Yeah, I am giving up that persona now and will be posting as who I am and more as a Bomber fan who is disenchanted rather than a protester per se. I have followed this team for over 35 years, but got to the point where I was not a fan at all. Lately have been realizing that hitting the head against the wall following them hurts, but is a pain I guess I have to have in my life cause I still do care after all.

On 2018-09-06 at 9:26 AM, TheSource said:

> Complains about wishful thinking and childish behavior

> Protests by changing his forum avatar.

I'm sure Wade Miller is shaking in his boots now.

The irony!

8 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Remember that his O was responsible for that 700-plus yard game Dunnigan had. I was at that game and it will be one of the greatest Bomber moments in my lifetime.

Mike Kelly was HC in 2009.

Dunigan performed that magic feat July 15, 1994, under Cal Murphy..

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah but mike Kelly was OC back then too right? Hell we had that huge rushing game with Kelly in 09 vs. Bc but the guy was still clueless on team building and did damage to the team that is only now being repaired.

People sometimes forget how good someone was at their previous job when they don't do well after being promoted.  That was definitely Mike Kelly's offense that lead the Bombers to a 13-5 record in 1994.  They ran into a nearly unbeatable Baltimore team in East final and lost but had a good year.  Was it not 1994 that Westwood started what it now known as banjo bowl with the some comments about the riders?

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

People sometimes forget how good someone was at their previous job when they don't do well after being promoted.  That was definitely Mike Kelly's offense that lead the Bombers to a 13-5 record in 1994.  They ran into a nearly unbeatable Baltimore team in East final and lost but had a good year.  Was it not 1994 that Westwood started what it now known as banjo bowl with the some comments about the riders?

Its true, but that a whole other era of the CFL now. Even in the early 2ks lots of teams played out of a pro form. RB, FB, QB under center. While the accomplishments of that time in football are great, they dont really have bearing today. Going back to the well with him was a poor decision at the time. 

No the title and build up hype came in 2004.  

22 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If Nichols play continues to be substandard it will be interesting to see what the club does with him for 2019 when he is set to make $450,000.

that's a very easy question.... he gets cut.  Unless they do want to pull one out of Mike Kelly's old bag of tricks and ask to re-negotiate the contract (of course, he did that mid-season).   Nichols would have to play lights out the rest of the season for the brass to want to keep him next season at that value. Of course, nothing seems to be surprising me these days.  If you only listened to O'Shea's assessment of his play and didn't actually watch the games, you'd be wondering when his contract extension is coming a la Blake Wheeler!  Lock him up till he's 37!  He's THAT good!!

2 hours ago, TheSource said:

I picked Kelley because he is not well liked and is not going to be a popular choice amongst certain factions here. Also, I actually truly believed that the guy got a bit of a raw deal. His intentions were good, and from his career that has followed in the US you could even say that under the right conditions he could be a good coach. He was in over his head and let his ego get the better of him, but everyone makes mistakes in life. At least he seemed to care. Remember that his O was responsible for that 700-plus yard game Dunnigan had. I was at that game and it will be one of the greatest Bomber moments in my lifetime.

Yeah, I am giving up that persona now and will be posting as who I am and more as a Bomber fan who is disenchanted rather than a protester per se. I have followed this team for over 35 years, but got to the point where I was not a fan at all. Lately have been realizing that hitting the head against the wall following them hurts, but is a pain I guess I have to have in my life cause I still do care after all.

Is this a lesser spastic Morris from the village?!

2 hours ago, TheSource said:

Lol. So you picked him to be a bigger troll? What im reading here is you put way 2 much time and thought in to a message board pic. Nobody GAFs about your pic.. Ppl wont disagree with you cuz username and pic.. They will disagree with you because you come across as a know it all condescending *******.