Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Some of this reminds me of when we kept giving Grigsby carries and had two upgrades over him in Cotton and Volny.  Mike O'Shea's long history of playing favorites.

Lol! Thanks for the reminder of those guys. Just threw up in my mouth a bit.

25 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I would love to know that it is injury- then we would have reason to expect that he will get better.

All teams are secretive about injuries, but the Bombers are the KGB. We’ll never know. Plus I think Nichols is smart enough to know if he was out for an extended time he may be out for good because of our collective man-crush, Strevelation!!!

23 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Lol! Thanks for the reminder of those guys. Just threw up in my mouth a bit.

All teams are secretive about injuries, but the Bombers are the KGB. We’ll never know. Plus I think Nichols is smart enough to know if he was out for an extended time he may be out for good because of our collective man-crush, Strevelation!!!

Only if Streveler wins. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I would love to know that it is injury- then we would have reason to expect that he will get better.

He played okay in his 4 wins, could be a lot factors, the injury is getting worse, he's missing Dressler, no run support, we shouldn't ass u me anything at this point. 

Bottom line, he hasn't been good enough in the losses. 

Mad at the whole bunch of them - players and coaches - after two crap losses.

But the way whiny Nichols didn't even bother to chase Ja'Gared Davis after his bonehead pass was intercepted has put me permanently off that dude.

I want Streveler in there next time, anyone but Nichols truth be told.

7 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

But the way whiny Nichols didn't even bother to chase Ja'Gared Davis after his bonehead pass was intercepted has put me permanently off that dude.

I watched that highlight too.... the strangest thing was that he was nowhere near even getting hit, and needed a big play.   Nope... check down!

9 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Mad at the whole bunch of them - players and coaches - after two crap losses.

I want Streveler in there next time, anyone but Nichols truth be told.

I'll stick up for Matt a bit here, I know I know.  June  2013 exhibition game against the Riders. Eskimos qb Matt Nichols throws interception and gets blocked trying to tackle Carlos Thomas on his way in with the pick 6.  Nichols got smoked and blew his ACL and was out for the season.  He may have wised up a bit on that front. Not the qb's job to make tackles, far too much to risk when they do.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2013/06/18/edmonton_eskimos_qb_matt_nichols_out_for_season_with_knee_injury.html

29 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'll stick up for Matt a bit here, I know I know.  June  2013 exhibition game against the Riders. Eskimos qb Matt Nichols throws interception and gets blocked trying to tackle Carlos Thomas on his way in with the pick 6.  Nichols got smoked and blew his ACL and was out for the season.  He may have wised up a bit on that front. Not the qb's job to make tackles, far too much to risk when they do.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2013/06/18/edmonton_eskimos_qb_matt_nichols_out_for_season_with_knee_injury.html

Yes, injuries have limited his mobility that's for sure. He still could have made some kind of effort after tossing a dump pass right into the arms of the defender. Davis must've have been his 4th or 5th read lol.

31 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Yes, injuries have limited his mobility that's for sure. He still could have made some kind of effort after tossing a dump pass right into the arms of the defender. Davis must've have been his 4th or 5th read lol.

and he still had all kinds of time, no pressure... did not have to throw that ball where he did.

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

He did make an effort. He started running, realized he wasn't going to catch the guy and that was it. He had absolutely zero chance of catching him. Of all the stupid things he did that game, people are complaining about a play in which he had no chance of making a play (besides the throw).

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

He did make an effort. He started running, realized he wasn't going to catch the guy and that was it. He had absolutely zero chance of catching him. Of all the stupid things he did that game, people are complaining about a play in which he had no chance of making a play (besides the throw).

For anyone to suggest Nichols just keeled over and gave up is absurd. Davis wasn't getting caught.

10 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I just caught this play again on wired up tonight......and yes technically you are right, Matt Nichols could not catch Davis at that point.  Mostly because Matt can't run that fast to begin with.......... I wonder if Big Chris could have caught him though (?)..... 

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I just caught this play again on wired up tonight......and yes technically you are right, Matt Nichols could not catch Davis at that point.  Mostly because Matt can't run that fast to begin with.......... I wonder if Big Chris could have caught him though (?)..... 

Why doh?

10 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Yes he could have. But catching/not catching Davis, is not the problem with that play.