Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

I'd love to hear whats going on in the Bombers meeting rooms. They probably honestly believe they're only one or two plays away from being good..... "Just gotta watch the tape and correct the mistakes"

That’s true if they ignore the fourth quarter. Which exactly what will be said on air tomorrow. 

Just now, Mark F said:

"clean up a few things. Just one or two plays made the difference"

Just a few minor things. Defence 500 yards here, 500 yards there, offence can't muster up a first down, quarterback unable to complete a pass over 10 yards, can't run the ball, rush can't get to the quarterback. Just some minor tweaks you know?

That's the great thing about football games, you can always pull out some stats that prove that you easily could have won, you were in till blah blah happened, if only blah blah blah.. but no question have to play better, blah.

tired of that.

Mike basically blamed the players for this one. wagons being circled I guess.

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

That's the great thing about football games, you can always pull out some stats that prove that you easily could have won, if only blah blah blah..

tired of that.

and the king of that is Mike O'Shea. Lapolice actually came prepared to an interview with stats to defend his quarterback.

This team is a joke and frankly I'm sick of watching them.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

When the O consistently does nothing... What do you expect from the D? They held us in it yesterday through 3 quarters.. Our O did **** all to help. 

Sorry, I just don't buy it. It is not okay to pack it in on D just because the O struggles. Calgary had chances the whole game they just did not capitalise in a big way until the second half. But the chances were there. Our D reeks and at this stage it's not just Hall but O'Shea and Walters who have to wear this puke-stained mess.

I didn't think this was possible but I'm actually more pissed today than I was yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, J5V said:

Sorry, I just don't buy it. It is not okay to pack it in on D just because the O struggles. Calgary had chances the whole game they just did not capitalise in a big way until the second half. But the chances were there. Our D reeks and at this stage it's not just Hall but O'Shea and Walters who have to wear this puke-stained mess.

I didn't think this was possible but I'm actually more pissed today than I was yesterday. 

The reason for my anger is there's no possibility of improvement or change.

Might just wait for the offseason, hopefully Walters will man up.

2 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

The reason for my anger is there's no possibility of improvement or change.

Might just wait for the offseason, hopefully Walters will man up.

I've absolutely run of patience with O'Shea as well as  his mind boggling coaching logic & style. Love to see him gone but I doubt Walters would fire him. My theory is the longer he stays HC the longer Walter stays employed as GM's are usually allowed one, maybe 2 firings before they're shown the door. So, the longer it takes that first firing to happen, the longer Walters will have a job with the Bombers. Sorry, colour me jaded. I think that's what will happen. It's all about circling the wagons now. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've absolutely run of patience with O'Shea as well as  his mind boggling coaching logic & style. Love to see him gone but I doubt Walters would fire him. My theory is the longer he stays HC the longer Walter stays employed as GM's are usually allowed one, maybe 2 firings before they're shown the door. So, the longer it takes that first firing to happen, the longer Walters will have a job with the Bombers. Sorry, colour me jaded. I think that's what will happen. It's all about circling the wagons now. 

Best case scenario in my mind Osh is gone in the offseason and Claybrooks comes in as HC and brings his own DC.

5 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

Just a few minor things. Defence 500 yards here, 500 yards there, offence can't muster up a first down, quarterback unable to complete a pass over 10 yards, can't run the ball, rush can't get to the quarterback. Just some minor tweaks you know?

But but but...we were told that giving up a lot of yards was just fine. Its getting so a girl doesn't know what to think anymore.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

But but but...we were told that giving up a lot of yards was just fine. Its getting so a girl doesn't know what to think anymore.

As long as we limit the explosion plays we’re fine. I’d say we’re doing a fantastic job of that.

if we can’t get Claybrooks I vote this man becomes our next head coach, no excuses.

An old coaching joke with some application here. 

One day an old head coach of a football team is fired. His assistant is hired as the new head coach. Before the old head coach leaves he give the new coach three envelopes And says, "When youre in trouble open a letter and follow the instructions". 

Early the next year the team hasnt improved and the new coach opens a letter. It says, "Blame the fans". So he holds a press conference and talks about how they have no home field advantage. How his teams is demoralized by poor support from the fans. Things improve for a while but eventually taper back down.

Late that year the blame is coming back around to him again. So he opens another letter. It says, "Blame the talent." So he holds another press conference and says they need more talent. The calling for his job once again subsides a little.

Midway through the next year he is under the greatest pressure of his career. Everyone is turning on him and his team just doesnt perform. So he opens the final letter it says "Prepare 3 letters". 

In as little as a week nichols has gone from steady leader to having been booed by the fans, complained about the fans, and now this. I feel like play off nichols, the nichols of the win streaks would have shouldered more of the burden then is fairly his. I didnt listen to the post game so i didnt hear the interview. I doubt he threw his guys under the bus. But every thing is trending in the wrong direction for nichols and this offense right now. 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

7 total carries for the game for harris 

In a game that we were leading going into the second half and was close until the 4th quarter. Asinine. You'd think they would have wanted 20+ out of Harris the way Nichols was playing.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

In a game that we were leading going into the second half and was close until the 4th quarter. Asinine. You'd think they would have wanted 20+ out of Harris the way Nichols was playing.

They schemed to stop the run and the short passing game.  20 carries to gain 25 yards would have been the result.