Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Nichols also said that he thought we moved the ball well. 58 yards for most of the second half. Not much more in the 1st really, if you take away Streveler's play. I am rapidly becoming tired of Nichols.

If he is seriously that delusional then they need to check him for a concussion.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Nichols also said that he thought we moved the ball well. 58 yards for most of the second half. Not much more in the 1st really, if you take away Streveler's play. I am rapidly becoming tired of Nichols.

2 plays over 20 yards.  One involved Nichols.  Completed 3 passes that traveled 10 yards or more downfield before garbage time.  No run game aside from Streveler.  Max Hall would have been disappointed with that performance.

I've been watching Nichols closely the last several games, obviously, as I feel I've been as critical of his play as anyone.  But I really noticed today that I don't think Nichols ever calls an audible.  He scans the field, but never does he not like what he sees and change a play.  This totally leads me to believe he can't properly read a defence anymore.  He's just lost out there, and I've seen enough.

as far as LaPo goes... I'm looking forward to seeing what he can cook up with Streveler behind centre.  You're going to see receivers not giving up on plays, and a more stretched out passing game, not having to curl back or wait for the dump pass.    

As for the D... one more brutal pummelling of the secondary, and it's also time to give Hall the boot.  The bye week after Banjo Bowl couldn't be timed better.   Could be some big changes coming.... hopefully!   This season isn't lost, but stand pat Bomber brass, and it will be, and the stadium will look as empty as ever.

hard to believe some people called the Bombers 'the most exciting offence in the league' 3 weeks ago.  

Matt "Not my fault" Nichols tried to throw his receivers under the bus in his post game interview, but was short, so they'll all forgive him.

Mike "I have to look at the film" O'Shea is really happy that he kept Richie "Scapegoat" Hall in the off season, cuz now he has someone to blame at the end of the year.

The best play of the game was when Streveler threw to Ryan "How do you like me now" Lankford for the big TD. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Zero chance of Streveler starting unless Nichols is really hurt.   

I can't believe how much people have given up on the guy?   

He's having a bad year. Reasonably people believed the D was repaired in the off season personnel wise with signings. There was optimism. Things haven't gone well, and there's no easier target than a struggling QB in Winnipeg.

It is shocking though because Willy did, no matter with a couple people will say, get a lot more slack than Nichols is getting. I can't say I understand it but maybe it's because Willy was thought to have such a high ceiling. 

So here we are. 5-5 in a season with hopes and our team is slowly falling apart. We're heading into a LD with the Riders seemingly getting it together at the same pace as we're falling apart. I suspect that a loss next week will be very damaging to our morale. A loss back to back to the Riders? Honestly I'd probably put the remote down and tune out, and I suspect a lot of people would too until next year if changes are made.

But make no mistake. This is on MOS and Walters. They picked this receiving core that can't get open and make catches. They allowed our O line to become porous. They hired the coordinators. Time is ticking as far as I'm concerned on these guys.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Zero chance of Streveler starting unless Nichols is really hurt.   

I can't believe how much people have given up on the guy?   

Can't believe it??  What have you been watching?   Must have been some nice Blue & Gold glasses and some Ole #15 brand koolaid on sale at the Bomber store for a price too good to refuse.

hope they're stocking up on #15 paper bags too if they plan to start him at the Banjo bowl!

35 minutes ago, Goalie said:

And people are going off on hall and the D? 

500 yards to Ottawa and 516 yards to Calgary and you're questioning people going off on Hall and the D.

dsori.gif

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't think people will be so quick to forget this time. That's 2 zingers in 2 weeks.  What has happened to the guy??? It's like he's melting down right in front of our eyes. 

I think maybe he's starting to see the writing on the wall... he also might have nightmares from how things turned sour in Edmonton.

2 hours ago, White Out said:

It is shocking though because Willy did, no matter with a couple people will say, get a lot more slack than Nichols is getting. I can't say I understand it but maybe it's because Willy was thought to have such a high ceiling.

i think this is attributable to the fact that the turnaround when Willy took over was much more pronounced... even though the 2014 honeymoon start didn't last, they did at one point go from 3-15 in 2013 to a 5-1 start (albeit against weaker Eastern opponents). Nichols has done well for the team, but from the perspective most fans I think they consider the rest of the team much more competent than when it was Willy or bust.

That said though - there's still no excuse Nichols throwing his receivers under the bus like that. Considering O'Shea is supposedly a "player's coach" he needs to have a chat with Nichols, that stuff is not on, and looking the other way for any player - QB or otherwise, will be seen as favouritism by other players and cause Mike to quickly lose the room.

I am stunned at Nichols' comments about his receivers and the complete deterioration in his play. His words are not those of a leader, but reek of petulance. I do not know how he could possibly regain his credibility and the respect of his teammates. We have gone from having one of the three best quarterbacks in the league to one of the worst. I dread the upcoming two games and the resulting freefall. What a freaking mess.

I'm more inclined to agree with Davis, Nichols was just giving credit to cgy....however, just stop talk matt. The optics aren't great for sure.

I'm 100% on board with Nichols starting LDC cause I don't like a rookie qb playing that game. But they need to mix up the offence. Bring Streveler on, 2 backs, get Washington out there. Do something. If Nichols has another performance like the last 2. I'd like to see Streveler in the banjo bowl. They have to split the next two at the very least. 

Calgary has been very good at not allowing rushing yards.  So it was a given the front seven would stand there like a bunch of buzzards waiting to feast on Harris's bones. That was not going to change until the Bombers would spread the field and that they were not willing to do.  Why is it the coaches don't figure the game plan is not working and should  be revised? 

11 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I’m not going to defend Nichols on that pick in any way, but that was a great defensive play to reach out, stop the ball, catch it and score. Sometimes the D makes the play. We needed something like that..

Jest the facts...

Well, the fact is that they are not even close to having the kind of talent on the team to make plays like that, and you have to look no further than Walters and the scouting staff to discover why that is after they have had 5 years to get it right.

Edited by TheSource

Nichols comments are very disparaging and I don't know how he's going to get the best out of our receivers from here on in...Statements like he's made are very hard to take back...like trying to put the genie back in the bottle...   Matt's magic has obviously gone....put in the young gun if we see anymore of the kind of performance Nichol's has been giving us lately ..The fans of this club demand better