Game Day Thread- Week Eleven, GAME 10: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Calgary Stampeders August 25, 2018

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How  disappointed should we be with the coaching on this team? Do they give us the best chance to win???

Are they under or over throwing receivers? Going 2 n out half the game? Missing tackles? Cuz nope...its the players... Our weak links are very weak and teams pick on them. 

Here's a question.. When does Chris Randle get cut? 

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Hey man, I always wanted Thorpe or Nelson brought in here... could never figure out why we stuck with Hall this off-season...

Now we're legit defending a defensive core that allowed BLM to set a new passing record and Jorden to set a new receiving record...

Its the basis of all problems on this team - could have been solved... but now there are major red flags on multiple fronts - Labour Day back-to-back is HUGE for this team

This team is getting worse & not better. The absolute refusal to make line up changes is incredible.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Are they under or over throwing receivers? Going 2 n out half the game? Missing tackles? Cuz nope...its the players... Our weak links are very weak and teams pick on them. 

After Fenner and Sayles...

Just now, Mike said:

I’m not going to freak out and join the “fire everyone” bandwagon but O’Shea and Walters need to have a long hard talk about whether Nichols is the future of this club.

Their final determination will decide for me one way or another whether I have faith in them.

I'd agree with this. I'm not sure if ppl on here actually understand how bad Nichols is tho. 

Just now, AKAChip said:

It’s things like sitting Poop Johnson over apparent discipline issues but not holding other players to the same level of accountability. Bowman is traded due to poor play (well deserved), while others get trotted out week after week. There is no visible logic to his decisions. 

Nothing wrong with the Dline today. 

Right. See. Cant even accept that Randle has sucked this entire year

I just posted that he's lost a step in another thread... but he's still light years better than those two

You just pick one or two 'causes' and hammer them to death... its your thing.

I'd agree with this. I'm not sure if ppl on here actually understand how bad Nichols is tho. 

Im fully in the start Streveler fan club but i really want to know WTF is going on with Nichols. The guy was borderline MOP 3/4 through the season last year. What in gods green earth has happened to this guy?!?!?

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

It’s things like sitting Poop Johnson over apparent discipline issues but not holding other players to the same level of accountability. Bowman is traded due to poor play (well deserved), while others get trotted out week after week. There is no visible logic to his decisions. 

Meh.  TBH Poop is a pretty marginal player in this league.  I think you have to try to improve on those guys especially when they start being stupid.

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Poop was another Hall sacrificial lamb...

Put in Bryant for a 'spark' - then they get that spark and by the 3rd quarter, the DL is not getting pressure because Hall's blitzes are so painfully easy to read

Repeat repeat repeat...

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Why? Hes not wrong. 

I don't think he's had the team ready to play the last two weeks, I don't think he made the right call at DC to start the season, he didn't make adjustments during this game, something that is very common, he left Harris in and he potentially got injured, all on Mike O'Shea. Don't throw the blame entirely on the team, when you are a part of the problem.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m not going to freak out and join the “fire everyone” bandwagon but O’Shea and Walters need to have a long hard talk about whether Nichols is the future of this club.

Their final determination will decide for me one way or another whether I have faith in them.

Damn.  Your mind is made up about Matt Nichols.  No return to 2016/first half of 2017 form, huh?

Just now, Blueandgold said:

I’ll never forget O’Shea trotting out Kuale week after week while he committed terrible UR penaalities and all O’Shea would say is that he’s being “disciplined in house”. 

I’m not sure what this “discipline” entailed, but Kuale would do the same stupid antics week after week. 

Expelled from the MOS locker room hug circle?

I think the writing is on the wall for Nichols and as for Oshea he is 2 games under .500 coaching this team in what almost 5 years and we are no closer to winning the Grey Cup, 1 and done in the playoffs and he is done...................yes I think we make the playoffs

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

With all the problems you're using Randle as a scapegoat? Our offense doesn't have playmakers catching the ball. We run plays on second & 8 & throw for four. Second & ten throw for 6. When we do try to go deep we overthrow. We abandon the run game because it was being stopped in the 1st quarter. We play Lankford & sit Petermann. We keep Nichols in to the very end again & don't give Streveler a chance to play. We have Harris in with two minutes left & he gets hurt while La France sits on the bench. We can't push the ball downfield. Defensively, there's no rush from our front 4. We blitz & get beat. We give up nearly 500 yards thru the air.  Even with a tired defense that should not happen.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I don't think he's had the team ready to play the last two weeks, I don't think he made the right call at DC to start the season, he didn't make adjustments during this game, something that is very common, he left Harris in and he potentially got injured, all on Mike O'Shea. Don't throw the blame entirely on the team, when you are a part of the problem.

The team has had it's ass kicked thoroughly two games in a row. I mean just beaten to crap. and earlier this season Hamilton also beat them to a pulp.

This is not a good thing.

I really appreciate all Nichols has done for the club but he has not been good this year and seems to be getting worse. Not sure if its physical or mental.

As for my comments on MOS, just frustrated by much of what he does and his tendency to be arrogant at times, when to me he's done nothing to justify it. I'm not saying fire him now but if the season goes south, something to consider.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

I can't even imagine this forum if we were trotting out Durant to play like garbage in relief of Nichols...