Bob Wylie’s gut moving in synchronization with the snap count on HBO Hard Knocks

yogi

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I laughed it's hilarious. 

In a world where they want to change calling plus sized women clothing to fabulous size... I don't believe we should have to avoid weight related topics to spare feelings. 

And if he has a stroke tomorrow it's still all shits & giggles? He needs help to get back to a healthy lifestyle. The teams he coached for all have nutritionists for the players & the best weight & cardio equipment, team doctors, etc.  There's no shortage of help for the guy. They should be helping the guy & if I was his HC I'd be strongly encouraging him to get help to lose weight or his employment may hinge on that. I wouldn't want to chance being the HC on who's staff he died. . Although having said that, Wylie is a grown adult & should want to help himself as well. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And if he has a stroke tomorrow it's still all shits & giggles? He needs help to get back to a healthy lifestyle. The teams he coached for all have nutritionists for the players & the best weight & cardio equipment, team doctors, etc.  There's no shortage of help for the guy. They should be helping the guy & if I was his HC I'd be strongly encouraging him to get help to lose weight or his employment may hinge on that. I wouldn't want to chance being the HC on who's staff he died. . Although having said that, Wylie is a grown adult & should want to help himself as well. 

2 Words:

Gastric Bypass

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, in today's world is that funny or shaming? Especially the guy's laugh. I don't find it particularly funny knowing that Bob's health is at serious risk.

this guy's sitting at home doing nothing, posting this on YouTube in hopes of getting lots of hits so he can make money.... while Bob is on the field coaching football.   Bet that moron has never even touched cleats to a football field.

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You don't think the guy doesn't realize he's morbidly obese.   He has the money he has the resources it's a lifestyle choice. When you reach that weight it isn't genetics or an accident... that takes a long life of bad choices and I don't feel sorry for anyone who gets themselves in that situation.

I didn't laugh looking at Chris Farley's death photos on the net  but I most certainly laughed at the clips of him in Tommy Boy doing fat guy in a little coat.    So for this particular gif it's comical and a good laugh.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

You don't think the guy doesn't realize he's morbidly obese.   He has the money he has the resources it's a lifestyle choice. When you reach that weight it isn't genetics or an accident... that takes a long life of bad choices and I don't feel sorry for anyone who gets themselves in that situation.

I didn't laugh looking at Chris Farley's death photos on the net  but I most certainly laughed at the clips of him in Tommy Boy doing fat guy in a little coat.    So for this particular gif it's comical and a good laugh.

Difference is  BobWylie is doing his job not trying to be funny.  Chris Farley was a comedian who made fun of himself  But look what happened to Chris.  Dead at 33. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Difference is  BobWylie is doing his job not trying to be funny.  Chris Farley was a comedian who made fun of himself  But look what happened to Chris.  Dead at 33. 

Farley was also playing with mood-altering substances like Belushi

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I agree, it is Wylie's choice.  But shaming the guy on television & now on You Tube?  Don't agree.  When I hear that guy chuckling on You Tube it clearly is to me shaming & maybe even bullying. Making fun of someone on the internet while that person remains anonymous. What a concept. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree, it is Wylie's choice.  But shaming the guy on television & now on You Tube?  Don't agree.  When I hear that guy chuckling on You Tube it clearly is to me shaming & maybe even bullying. Making fun of someone on the internet while that person remains anonymous. What a concept. 

When did you read the Millennial's handbook and covert to their ways? 

FTR: It's about funny, not shaming or bullying.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, that contributed. But anyone looking at Farley knew that even if he had a clean life other than food he'd be dead by 50. 

And coke and morphine He died of a drug overdose not cuz he was fat. That Speedball was a large part of the reason... 

Advanced atherosclerosis was cited as a "significant contributing factor."

Basically exactly like his idol Belushi he drank and drugged himself to death.

Edited by Goalie

11 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

When did you read the Millennial's handbook and covert to their ways? 

FTR: It's about funny, not shaming or bullying.

When I weighed 315 lbs & lost 120 lbs after & got down to 195 lbs . I know what shaming & teasing is all about. I lost the weight over a 1 1/2 year period from 2010 thru 2011.  I kept the weight off for 4 years & thought I had my weight problems licked until I had to have foot surgery in July of 2015  & developed a serious post op infection with the titanium hardware that was inserted to reconstruct & fuse the bones in my right foot that had deformed because of arthritis. Without going into sordid details, a four month recovery turned into a painful 18 month ordeal of which 10 months was spent absolutely bedridden unable to walk. As well as 3 extended trips to the hospital when my foot infection raged out of control & I needed treatment badly.  It took me another 8 months to be able to walk again so I could return to work. 

I gained a ton of weight back during those 18 months when I was bedridden & sedentary as now I'm disabled . For the first 6 weeks or so after surgery  I went on a low cal diet to keep my weight down. But as time went on & the infection set in & being confined to bed then I became depressed & started to eat again. The weight came back.  I now use a cane but can't walk very far, stand for more than a couple of minutes  or do any physical activity anymore.  It's a struggle to get back to where I was before my surgery at 215 lbs when I was active & could move. I weigh 273 lbs now. I am planning on getting on a healthier diet & head back to the gym in the next couple of weeks & start out lightly on the cardio equipment to see what I can & can't do. I am self conscious as all the guys I lifted with haven't seen me in 3 years & I know the reaction I'll get from some of them will be,  "WTF happened to you???"

I made some of the same mistakes Bob Wylie did & over the years my weight just kept creeping up. It took 25 years to get to that point. I went from 185 lbs at age 30 in 1985 to where I was 315 in 2010 & took action. It's a huge disappointment that I have to start over again but my comfort is I did it once  so I can do it again.

People were always making comments about my weight before I lost it. Some were trying to be funny while others were assholes.  I know what it feels like to be shamed or laughed at & I never liked it.  Trust me, when I say Bob Wylie has probably reached a point in his life where he thinks he can't change so it's a lost cause. We're about the same age. Been there. Felt that. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When I weighed 315 lbs & lost 120 lbs after & got down to 195 lbs . I know what shaming & teasing is all about. I lost the weight over a 1 1/2 year period from 2010 thru 2011.  I kept the weight off for 4 years & thought I had my weight problems licked until I had to have foot surgery in July of 2015  & developed a serious post op infection with the titanium hardware that was inserted to reconstruct & fuse the bones in my right foot that had deformed because of arthritis. Without going into sordid details, a four month recovery turned into a painful 18 month ordeal of which 10 months was spent absolutely bedridden unable to walk. As well as 3 extended trips to the hospital when my foot infection raged out of control & I needed treatment badly.  It took me another 8 months to be able to walk again so I could return to work. 

I gained a ton of weight back during those 18 months when I was bedridden & sedentary as now I'm disabled . For the first 6 weeks or so after surgery  I went on a low cal diet to keep my weight down. But as time went on & the infection set in & being confined to bed then I became depressed & started to eat again. The weight came back.  I now use a cane but can't walk very far, stand for more than a couple of minutes  or do any physical activity anymore.  It's a struggle to get back to where I was before my surgery at 215 lbs when I was active & could move. I weigh 273 lbs now. I am planning on getting on a healthier diet & head back to the gym in the next couple of weeks & start out lightly on the cardio equipment to see what I can & can't do. I am self conscious as all the guys I lifted with haven't seen me in 3 years & I know the reaction I'll get from some of them will be,  "WTF happened to you???"

I made some of the same mistakes Bob Wylie did & over the years my weight just kept creeping up. It took 25 years to get to that point. I went from 185 lbs at age 30 in 1985 to where I was 315 in 2010 & took action. It's a huge disappointment that I have to start over again but my comfort is I did it once  so I can do it again.

People were always making comments about my weight before I lost it. Some were trying to be funny while others were assholes.  I know what it feels like to be shamed or laughed at & I never liked it.  Trust me, when I say Bob Wylie has probably reached a point in his life where he thinks he can't change so it's a lost cause. We're about the same age. Been there. Felt that. 

Congrats on your weight loss.

Sorry about your surgery complications.

I still don't agree that it's fat shaming, but I understand why you do.

It is what it is. Just bad luck, I guess. I was going to delete my post above as I had second thoughts about letting y'all know about my physical ailments but it was too late. However, that's alright. Life throws curve balls at us all the time. It's what you do at bat  that counts. The game is far from the bottom of the 9th inning for me. Depression is a bad thing as I knew I was eating my way back to a bad place & didn't care. Dealing with terrible pain constantly & the inability to walk... food was my only comfort & not caring about the weight I gained back. With all the powerful pain meds I was on during that time I couldn't drink which was a good thing, let me tell you.  At least I had the sense to stay away from alcohol. Not saying Wylie was ever depressed but I sure can appreciate & understand how he got to where he is now. 

When I was young from my teens to my early 30's I was in shape & I laughed at fat people as well while vowing I'd never be like that ever & look what happened.  Anyway like I said, I'm not looking for sympathy. I just wanted to give my perspective on this.